Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

How you doing there, buddy?

This is a discussion on How you doing there, buddy? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; So I felt like it's time for me to express myself, and what the heck has been going on with ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Ayylmao Senior Member Vice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,569

    Default How you doing there, buddy?

    So I felt like it's time for me to express myself, and what the heck has been going on with this forum as of late.

    So we've all seen the ragebanning, unjust banning, unjust infractions that's been going around lately on these boards, mainly because of the staff not knowing what to let slip and what not to let slip.

    let me just share one of the latest examples to an infraction that I myself received:




    So here's a couple of words from me to the staff on these boards:

    Stop acting like you're some fucking gestapo, let the forum live it's own life and deal with shit that NEEDS to be dealt with not just some casual trolling. Deal with shit that's actually offensive, scammers, whatever you name it. BUT DON'T KILL THE FORUM.
    Your duties as a mod is not to step into every single topic on the forums and clean everything that isn't a direct respond to the post, nor a post that doesn't fit into what you're looking for.

    So yeah, just chill the fuck out and be cool.

  2. #2
    Just do it Senior Member thing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Floridaaaaa
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    I feel the same way.

  3. #3
    (\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Imagine if every dick, joe, and harry on the internet replied to everything with "use google", there'd be nothing TO google because nothing would be answered because everyone would be saying use google. This is a FORUM, it's where people ask questions and get answers and discuss things. If you are going to say people "deserve trolling for asking questions" as you said in the reply to that PM I sent you, then I'm going to say you deserve an infraction for trolling for people asking questions.

    Raise the pitchforks, let the trolls unite and achieve......nothing. OCCUPY GAMERS4LIFE!

  4. #4
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    lol no wonder at camat0z doing this again , most of his infractions are in rage without any concrete purpose , in that case that warn had to be the guy that asked for a cheat , being a gamer forum it should been forbidden, also u could of have deleted the thread instead and that is, he wasnt trolling in vane , but come on ppl is just retarded to use the forum sometimes.


    here's just one of the fews infractions that i've got , and this is the most unfair ,in the same case cus of rageeeeeeeeeee.



    i have nothing against you , but you're quite arrogant sometimes.
    Last edited by LambOfGod; 11-20-2011 at 01:23 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Draven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    lol no wonder at camat0z doing this again , most of his infractions are in rage without any concrete purpose , in that case that warn had to be the guy that asked for a cheat , being a gamer forum it should been forbidden, also u could of have deleted the thread instead and that is, he wasnt trolling in vane , but come on ppl is just retarded to use the forum sometimes.


    here's just one of the fews infractions that i've got , and this is the most unfair ,in the same case cus of rageeeeeeeeeee.



    i have nothing against you , but you're quite arrogant sometimes.
    +1. takes care of his friends.

  6. #6
    Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fınland oke?
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Atleast he's doing something. If you don't like it then gtfo, seriously.
    I'm tired of watching people whining and moaning about everything. The rules are there for us to obey.
    I can see Cama's side as well because I used to be on a leading position myself for years on another website. When stuff gets done people QQ, when nothing gets done people QQ. You can't make them all happy. But if you lost an active mod like Cama shit would go down fast.
    If you think this as ass licking or anything similar then you're just ignorant. Stop being so selfish. The mods here don't get paid to babysit you, they do it on their free time.
    You'll also never win an argument against a mod so why do you even bother? You screwed up, now just suck it up like a man.

    And no this isn't really pointed at anyone, I'm just saying this in general.
    You can hate on me all you want for what I just said because at the end of the day you're nothing but pixels on my screen.
    Also if you think I'm contradicting myself by saying that, no I'm not, I was merely stating my opinion.

  7. #7
    Ayylmao Senior Member Vice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    Atleast he's doing something. If you don't like it then gtfo, seriously.
    I'm tired of watching people whining and moaning about everything. The rules are there for us to obey.
    I can see Cama's side as well because I used to be on a leading position myself for years on another website. When stuff gets done people QQ, when nothing gets done people QQ. You can't make them all happy. But if you lost an active mod like Cama shit would go down fast.
    If you think this as ass licking or anything similar then you're just ignorant. Stop being so selfish. The mods here don't get paid to babysit you, they do it on their free time.
    You'll also never win an argument against a mod so why do you even bother? You screwed up, now just suck it up like a man.

    And no this isn't really pointed at anyone, I'm just saying this in general.
    You can hate on me all you want for what I just said because at the end of the day you're nothing but pixels on my screen.
    Also if you think I'm contradicting myself by saying that, no I'm not, I was merely stating my opinion.
    Pixels on a screen? It's quite obvious that you're the ignorant one here.

    And obviously I wouldn't bother with argueing with a mod (cama) becaus judging from how he infracts and ban people I would probably get banned for it.

    If you eould actually have taken the time to read my post u would have realized that I was merely leaving my feedback on some of the faults made on these boards.

    I never asked for someone to step down from their post, I was letting the mods know that they cant infract and ban for things that are a part of forums i.e trolling. And not to forget that I was infracted for redirecting someone to websites where they would find the answer imideatly just by typing in tjeir question in the toolbar.

    Oh well, asslickers will lick asses.

  8. #8
    Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fınland oke?
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    Pixels on a screen? It's quite obvious that you're the ignorant one here.

    And obviously I wouldn't bother with argueing with a mod (cama) becaus judging from how he infracts and ban people I would probably get banned for it.

    If you eould actually have taken the time to read my post u would have realized that I was merely leaving my feedback on some of the faults made on these boards.

    I never asked for someone to step down from their post, I was letting the mods know that they cant infract and ban for things that are a part of forums i.e trolling. And not to forget that I was infracted for redirecting someone to websites where they would find the answer imideatly just by typing in tjeir question in the toolbar.

    Oh well, asslickers will lick asses.
    Aaand you proved my point there quite nicely. Anyway I'm not gonna bother arguing with you as it would break the site rules. Go cool your head, acting like an e-thug isn't going to take you anywhere.

  9. #9
    Just do it Senior Member thing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Floridaaaaa
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Not sure if what it's what Vice is trying to point out, but this is my $0.02

    Some of the infractions, though they have merit based on the forum rules - are just unnecessary. People tend to troll when a stupid question is asked, a question where the answer can easily be found elsewhere, the topic maker puts little effort into making his thread, or along those lines.

    It's true, the mods aren't babysitters, so they should stop trying to act as such. This is the internet. You need to have some level of "thick-skin" and just take it as it is. Yes, there are times when trollers go too far, and an infraction there will work.

    I may be wrong, but this isn't some forum designed for personal help & professionalism - it's a gaming forum. People come here to talk about games, entertainment, and enjoy posting a bit - you can't expect there to be no "trolling," "douchebaggery," or the like: just step in when it's crossed the line. Because (again, just an opinion) by doing what you're doing, you're just draining the life / energy out of the forum by limiting what we can post.
    Last edited by thing; 11-21-2011 at 02:16 PM.

  10. #10
    Ayylmao Senior Member Vice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    Not sure if what it's what Vice is trying to point out, but this is my $0.02

    Some of the infractions, though they have merit based on the forum rules - are just unnecessary. People tend to troll when a stupid question is asked, a question where the answer can easily be found elsewhere, the topic maker puts little effort into making his thread, or along those lines.

    It's true, the mods aren't babysitters, so they should stop trying to act as such. This is the internet. You need to have some level of "thick-skin" and just take it as it is. Yes, there are times when trollers go too far, and an infraction there will work.

    I may be wrong, but this isn't some forum designed for personal help & professionalism - it's a gaming forum. People come here to talk about games, entertainment, and enjoy posting a bit - you can't expect there to be no "trolling," "douchebaggery," or the like: just step in when it's crossed the line. Because (again, just an opinion) by doing what you're doing, you're just draining the life / energy out of the forum by limiting what we can post.
    Thank you for summing up what I tried to put out there.

  11. #11
    (\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    Not sure if what it's what Vice is trying to point out, but this is my $0.02

    Some of the infractions, though they have merit based on the forum rules - are just unnecessary. People tend to troll when a stupid question is asked, a question where the answer can easily be found elsewhere, the topic maker puts little effort into making his thread, or along those lines.

    It's true, the mods aren't babysitters, so they should stop trying to act as such. This is the internet. You need to have some level of "thick-skin" and just take it as it is. Yes, there are times when trollers go too far, and an infraction there will work.

    I may be wrong, but this isn't some forum designed for personal help & professionalism - it's a gaming forum. People come here to talk about games, entertainment, and enjoy posting a bit - you can't expect there to be no "trolling," "douchebaggery," or the like: just step in when it's crossed the line. Because (again, just an opinion) by doing what you're doing, you're just draining the life / energy out of the forum by limiting what we can post.
    We don't expect there to be no trolling, flaming, etc. If I wanted to infract for everything and babysit you'd see 100 times the volume of infractions, and probably little to no new posts on G4L from everyone leaving the forum. As is when I check the forum I'll throw out an infraction here and there to the main culprits of flaming, trolling, etc, just to send the message that they should cut back on it. Doesn't matter how extreme that post I may have chosen to infract for, it's an infraction that encompasses a larger theme, not a specific post. Though it is that specific post that brings it to my attention.

    As for Vice, you amuse me to no end. Mainly because everything you say is wrong. The way I give out infractions and bans? Bans? 90% of the bans I've done are people trying to bypass bans by other mods, 9% people spamming/bypassing market rules, and the other 1% is unbeatable who more or less asked to be banned by ignoring warnings. I really haven't banned that many people: check here. Though the suggestion that I ban people who don't agree with me made me chuckle.

    Also the gradual change in story is hilarious. First you say trolling is ok and he deserved to be trolled for asking a stupid question, then you say you weren't trolling but trolling is ok, then you say you were actually helping him. You're so full of shit it's just a little lotta bit much pathetic. While we at it though, it wasn't a stupid question. He asked a question about how to set up macro's for KO on a KO forum, granted he asked in general instead of tech support, it doesn't mean he deserved to be trolled. As such you received an infraction.

  12. #12
    Ayylmao Senior Member Vice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    Also the gradual change in story is hilarious. First you say trolling is ok and he deserved to be trolled for asking a stupid question, then you say you weren't trolling but trolling is ok, then you say you were actually helping him. You're so full of shit it's just a little lotta bit much pathetic. While we at it though, it wasn't a stupid question. He asked a question about how to set up macro's for KO on a KO forum, granted he asked in general instead of tech support, it doesn't mean he deserved to be trolled. As such you received an infraction.
    What the hell are u on about?

    You keep saying that I trolled some dude when I provided two links for him where he would of gotten his answer in 15 seconds blank, but because I didn't add "try checking on google/youtube there's tons of videos on how to setup your razerkeyboards on there or infact linked him straight to one (would of saved him another 15 seconds" you infracted me for trolling, r u fucking serious?

    I helped the guy with providing two ever helpfull links, but you may i look at it as trolling, IDC really, because the thing is that it isn't. I just replied in such a way that anyone who comes unprepared asking dumb question should expect.

    Seeing as how the links would of helped him I have no clue to why I was infact infracted, but that's on you.

    And yes I do infact believe a little trolling here and there have never caused harm to anybody, sorry if my story changes, I don't proofread what I write.


    I still don't get how someone whos been trolling the forum for years got appointed to your postion, what's next? Magyk? Sason? OmgThisIsMe? coolboyp2? Nik getting his ban lifted and appointed to mod?

    W/e not going to wate my time on you anymore I came forward with what I had, I was infracted because of helping some random dude, cool story.

  13. #13
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    I can see Cama's side as well because I used to be on a leading position myself for years on another website. When stuff gets done people QQ, when nothing gets done people QQ. You can't make them all happy. But if you lost an active mod like Cama shit would go down fast.
    If you think this as ass licking or anything similar then you're just ignorant. Stop being so selfish. The mods here don't get paid to babysit you, they do it on their free time.
    You'll also never win an argument against a mod so why do you even bother? You screwed up, now just suck it up like a man.
    if you were that experienced , you'd know that a mod acts no matter what in a neutral way, not discharing his real life problems in a forum,less in a game forum eww wich aint the matter,not giving in friend's side, nonetheless,a volunteer acts like a volunteer he wasnt meant to being a dick with simple question (in my case) ,in vice's case all i see boredom from his part , he'd of have avoid'ed all of this just by deleting the thread since that was the main point of all this bs.

    i dont like to talk too much bout my personal life but a Student of Engineering of software been active in forums since i got the interest in this matter, been mod in longest forums"over 8 years now"(peru hardware , wich envolves software and gfx aswell), then some ps's servers, but where i could notice all these kind of stuff coming from a moderator itself(see'ing how other mods acts there), is on bloodzone wich is the biggest forum in south american is swear , there the mods aint "mad" they all act in the purpose of help ,not for a "look" or a tittle name colour , or "look" like a badass man in the eyes of others, also my cousin visits anime's forum chinese stuff, ppl are more polite but not giving the fun out ofc ,its just a culture thing.

    As you said there are always ppl qq'ing no matter, same as trollers, whinners, asslickers etc etc , there will always been those no matter what, but in this case its not a mod dutty to get rid of em, its a community's task.

  14. #14
    Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fınland oke?
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    if you were that experienced , you'd know that a mod acts no matter what in a neutral way, not discharing his real life problems in a forum,less in a game forum eww wich aint the matter,not giving in friend's side, nonetheless,a volunteer acts like a volunteer he wasnt meant to being a dick with simple question (in my case) ,in vice's case all i see boredom from his part , he'd of have avoid'ed all of this just by deleting the thread since that was the main point of all this bs.

    i dont like to talk too much bout my personal life but a Student of Engineering of software been active in forums since i got the interest in this matter, been mod in longest forums"over 8 years now"(peru hardware , wich envolves software and gfx aswell), then some ps's servers, but where i could notice all these kind of stuff coming from a moderator itself(see'ing how other mods acts there), is on bloodzone wich is the biggest forum in south american is swear , there the mods aint "mad" they all act in the purpose of help ,not for a "look" or a tittle name colour , or "look" like a badass man in the eyes of others, also my cousin visits anime's forum chinese stuff, ppl are more polite but not giving the fun out ofc ,its just a culture thing.

    As you said there are always ppl qq'ing no matter, same as trollers, whinners, asslickers etc etc , there will always been those no matter what, but in this case its not a mod dutty to get rid of em, its a community's task.
    You're now forgetting people have personalities. Not everyone do things the exactly same way. Some people are more lenient and some people are more strict.
    You can't also just compare forums that have nothing to do with each other. I can also name quite a few forums that have alot more strict mods and you'll get banned straight away for stepping on wrong toes. It doesn't mean those forums are any worse, you're just expected to obey the rules that have been set. People have been doing pretty much anything they've wanted here and now that there's some control they go QQ'ing.
    I assume you haven't had to manage any website because you don't seem to understand there's a huge gap between being a normal mod and having to manage something pretty much by yourself.
    Cama's been taking care of the forums now that we lack an active admin. You should be thankful there's someone who's still doing stuff for us instead of letting people do what ever they want. Trust me it would be worse if there was no one to hold the leash. This is exactly where my "experience" shows because I have been there myself, have you?
    I don't even know why I bother trying explaining it to you, there's no way you could possibly understand. Ignorant people will always stay ignorant, you don't appreciate what you have untill it's too late.

  15. #15
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    I don't even know why I bother trying explaining it to you, there's no way you could possibly understand. Ignorant people will always stay ignorant, you don't appreciate what you have untill it's too late.
    i assume that u havent visited forums lately , but there's a new junior mod wich is doing very good, it easy as this if you dont feel like helping , why then bother lol? , didnt wanted to touch that point but it kinda pisses me off when ppl calls some1 ignorant when they have no clue what they talking bout, i been working for a company as practicer of security projects (vouched by my teachers from university) and by far i always do the things in a concrete way , ignorance is a word that im getting rid of , otherwhise i wouldnt be working with serious ppl , that's how we the engineers deal with the things , well i dont feel like talking bout my life , cus even tho u said u aint giving on his side ,you're actually doing it in a way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •