Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By razor

Mods power

This is a discussion on Mods power within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I dont like the idea of having mods for specific sections. It's messy, makes giving them access more difficult and ...
Page: 1

Default Mods power

I dont like the idea of having mods for specific sections. It's messy, makes giving them access more difficult and the more mods there are, the more difficult is to manage their access. I rather have them with full access to mod any section and just trust their judgement or have admins to supervise their work, so they don't mess up.

Does that sound reasonable? Or we really need to limit their power to specific sections cause they will seriously fuck up everything?

I rather focus more on picking the right ppl than limit their access with a microscope. So, what do u think?

There are some good people around so I don't think it's impossible to find some non-biased good moderators. Apparently the main reason this whole mess started was because mods didn't have power (emphasis on word apparently) so restricting their power would seem rather stupid.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Mods should have power in all sections of this forum. And only 3-4 mods are actually needed. You should pick them, having in mind that they're active in multiple sub-forums.

Making someone a mod who's active only in e.g. Market Place or All X mods are active only in Knight Online Private Server Area, ehm, 'd be useless.

----------------

Since admins & mods can get in contact with you, you don't have to worry about whom you're going to choose. If shit happens, rest staff will contact you.

All modz should have same rights rather than calling another mod to fix same issue up yes one can stick to each section but if one gets out of hand one can help keep it in shape

Little archer Senior Member

All mods should have same rights, but some should have like an specialty or field that they're in charge of. IE: Some people are more familiar with the PS scene than others.
    Darken likes this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

I think there should be global moderators with same powers, basically be able to moderate any thread or any post in the entire forum.
    But there should also be section moderators, for example private server section and so on.. perhaps market place and hall of shame/cheaters.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    All mods should have same rights, but some should have like an specialty or field that they're in charge of. IE: Some people are more familiar with the PS scene than others.
    Fully agree on that. Im not very familiar with PS scene and that endless drama that keeps going on there forever. And I'm glad we have another mod who is PRO at that section. Congrats on MOD Kallop btw

So I will forward those dudes to you guys for now, untill I get more familiar with that area, as Im getting some pms about it already.

Field Im best at is general market section, as you all probably know, so If you dont know how to handle something there u can just do the same.

As razor said above, all mods should have equal powers, i`m sure they are able to work out together who will take care of which part of forum.