Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't stay logged in on ko4life

This is a discussion on Can't stay logged in on ko4life within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I recently bought a new computer and can't seem to stay logged on ko4life. And yes, I do have the ...
Page: 1

Manilas

I recently bought a new computer and can't seem to stay logged on ko4life. And yes, I do have the option checked as stay logged in.

In the past with my old computer, I could stay logged in for days even if I closed my browser or visited other websites or even closed my computer.

Now with this new computer, in only a few short hours (usually like 2 hours) it automatically disconnects me from ko4life and have to press log in each time.

Any ideas why this is happening? Have ko4life settings been changed to do this? Or is it the computer?

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

What kind of browser do you use? Do you happen to have the "Clear Private Data on exit" selected? That would delete your cookies and explain, why the passwords or even login sessions are not saved. Other than that, it could be your ISP. If you happen to have a dynamic IP, your ISP often likes to "reconnect" your line every 24 hours, causing a short timeout of a few seconds and as the cookies are, as well as, saved to the current IP, you'll have to re-log everytime your IP changes.

Manilas

Well, it ain't Firefox settings that do that, I just verified.

Guess it goes with the Dynamic IP you were saying but you were saying every 24 hours and me it's every 2 hours or so.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Most ISPs renew dynamic IPs every 24 hours during which time you disconnect while getting a new temporary one for the next 24 hours. If you are disconnecting more often than you might want to call them up and explain the situation.

You can check your lease time and date so you know when you are going to disconnect:

Just go to your internet connections and click on Properties

Edit: When you first log in with Firefox it asks if you want Firefox to remember your password, did you happen to say "No"? If so it overwrites the default settings(Remember Me option on Ko4Life) and deletes cookies on that certain website.

Manilas

Well, from my observations, it's when my computer goes into power saving mode that it disconnects me from ko4life.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Well, from my observations, it's when my computer goes into power saving mode that it disconnects me from ko4life.[/b]
    It most likely cuts of your entire network/lan connection as well. Are you still connected to the internet while being in "power saving mode"?

You probably obtain a new IP with every reconnect to the network

Manilas

Yeah, I'm still connected (as my downloads continues while it's on power saving mode).

Are you having this issue on both IE and Firefox?

Manilas

Don't know, I hate IE, never use it XD

All right, I've been doing some digging around and this is what I found:

You have made two posts on such forum, and your IP has changed dramatically between those two posts. That is triggering such forum's security mechanisms( Invision Board's security), and logging you out. It must be something your ISP is doing which is causing this.[/b]
    -Invision Board Forums (what KO4Life uses)

This security mechanism can be changed via Admin CP but I doubt that Admins will be changing it.

I have a static IP in campus and it does the same for me, disconnects after some time (usually instantly if I close FireFox, sometimes not) and I have reviewed all the settings.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

I only ever get disconnected when i delete my internet cookies + options.

Possibly you have a setting which automatically deletes your cookies. Does this happen only for ko4life or for other websites as well?

Manilas

Only Ko4life.

All other forums, I stay logged in.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Only Ko4life.

All other forums, I stay logged in.[/b]
    No idea then... Sorry

This may sound phony; however, could you be kind enough to delete your cookies and give it another try? This problem may actually be caused by a corrupted cookie so deleting it and relogging on KO4Life should fix it.

Edit: Or simply just delete cookies set by this board:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast