Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ko4life Scammer topic's

This is a discussion on Ko4life Scammer topic's within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Ive had people i dont know send me im asking to post a voucher for them. Of course i wouldnt ...
Page: 2

BigApple

Ive had people i dont know send me im asking to post a voucher for them. Of course i wouldnt do it, but if you ask enough people, eventually some will.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Fair play you have a valid point.

But I would say that sometimes, comments that other people make, even with bias, are actually pretty useful in deciding what happens. Also, most of the time, a post that is irrelevent in a scamming topic generally leads to that person recieving a mute/ban (atleast when i was much more active thats what i would do). Akutee your right about vouching, its pointless and useless and so it was removed. However SexE also has a point. More often then not, someone who has done lots of successful trade is unlikely to risk it all for something small and trivial. Im not saying it doesn't happen, it does. And i agree that each case should be treated as an individual case. Having said that, when us mods (atleast when i) read a scamming topic, i consider the guys reputation, but i still treat it as an individual case. You gotta remember that scamming isn't as black and white as he has done it or he has not done it. Those are only the stupid scammers. More often then not, its entirely based on judgement of the situation, and unfortunaly history is a fairly significant factor in that judgement. Having said that, reputable players have scammed smaller players and have gotten away with it simply because of there 'reputation' and so are much more likely to be listened to. Also you have to understand its hard to judge something when you are potentially thousands of miles away with no actual evidence of what has happened. Whenever there is a topic with evidence its easily dealt with.

Offtopic: BigApple, your sig is amazing lol

More often then not, someone who has done lots of successful trade is unlikely to risk it all for something small and trivial. Im not saying it doesn't happen, it does. And i agree that each case should be treated as an individual case.[/b]
    not only does it happen, it also happens a hella lot of times.... way too many to even name.

Sometimes all the "proof" shit is quite stupid. A scammer gets off once because of no proof, fine. But when its the second or third time, jsut ban the mofo even if theres no proof. It is because of all these "proofs" that we are required to show at court that all the asswipes get released with no charges. This "proof" thing has helped the guilty a LOT MORE than it has helped the innocent (in which it was first designed to do)

And reputations play too big of a role here at ko4life. Mods, VIP's always are treated way differently than other people. Whenever a scam happens between 2 no-name ppl on the forums, nothing much ever happens, mods dont really investigate in-depth, and neither does the community help out. But once its someone thats a mod or VIP, the whole fucking community jumps out to help the guilty guy. (take snootchie's case for example)

Oh, and next time a mod bans someone, please say so in the topic, most of the time, the mods ban the guy but nobody knows about it since nothign was stated on the topic and it just eventually died out.

And reputations play too big of a role here at ko4life. Mods, VIP's always are treated way differently than other people. Whenever a scam happens between 2 no-name ppl on the forums, nothing much ever happens, mods dont really investigate in-depth, and neither does the community help out. But once its someone thats a mod or VIP, the whole fucking community jumps out to help the guilty guy. (take snootchie's case for example)

Oh, and next time a mod bans someone, please say so in the topic, most of the time, the mods ban the guy but nobody knows about it since nothign was stated on the topic and it just eventually died out.[/b]
    +1 to both of these statement's. That is why orginally I made this thread as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12