Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

lol

This is a discussion on lol within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; In my opinion, even a single warn would be too much. First off, he didnt transgress any of the official ...
Page: 4

Shohan

In my opinion, even a single warn would be too much. First off, he didnt transgress any of the official rules about Michael Jackson because there is none. Secondly, if you base on ResserGDs post, then, its pretty stupid because it was made in off topic, a section that 10% of ko4life's community checks. It's pretty ridiculous that someone that laughed at a picture and then justifies why he did so gets a warning. In fact, he probably wanted to get the mod's attention on someone else's post when he said it. Oh, and before I forget, don't you think it's pretty ironic that people keep making fun of Billy Mays in its own death topic and during this time, someone gets 30 days suspension for laughing at a disrespectful picture in a topic that is made for that? And as he stated himself, posting/laughing at it doesn't mean you approve it.

In my opinion, even a single warn would be too much. First off, he didnt transgress any of the official rules about Michael Jackson because there is none. Secondly, if you base on ResserGDs post, then, its pretty stupid because it was made in off topic, a section that 10% of ko4life's community checks. It's pretty ridiculous that someone that laughed at a picture and then justifies why he did so gets a warning. In fact, he probably wanted to get the mod's attention on someone else's post when he said it. Oh, and before I forget, don't you think it's pretty ironic that people keep making fun of Billy Mays in its own death topic and during this time, someone gets 30 days suspension for laughing at a disrespectful picture in a topic that is made for that? And as he stated himself, posting/laughing at it doesn't mean you approve it.[/b]
    Thank you for actually seeing just how stupid even getting a warn for that post is. Seriously, thank you.

People are willingly making jokes about Mays death like this guy said, yet someone who posts about Michael Jackson's past allegations and law-suits gets permanently banned?

@Shurt: I wouldn't expect you to, because it's not a thing that you should be banned for, but, you just proved my point. You are not going to ban anyone for disrespecting a dead person, so why should the mods? They do it because they are sensitive to the issue and have personal "feelings" - I guess you could say - about the issue. To any bi-stander the comments people have made to get a 30 day ban or even a permanent ban aren't even worth a second look at. Maybe in one or two cases a warn, but that's it. Personal feelings should not cloud a moderators judgement, that's when big topics like these and whine-fest's of corruption pop up.

@Shurt: I wouldn't expect you to, because it's not a thing that you should be banned for, but, you just proved my point. You are not going to ban anyone for disrespecting a dead person, so why should the mods? They do it because they are sensitive to the issue and have personal "feelings" - I guess you could say - about the issue. To any bi-stander the comments people have made to get a 30 day ban or even a permanent ban aren't even worth a second look at. Maybe in one or two cases a warn, but that's it. Personal feelings should not cloud a moderators judgement, that's when big topics like these and whine-fest's of corruption pop up.[/b]
    I don't exactly understand your point... You want me to fire Danny because he, in my opinion, inappropriately, gave out a warning? Well, if we did that, the forum's staff would pretty much consist of Devile and Festo. I undid the action and his suspension was removed, which is what I thought your point was. I'm not entirely sure what more you want of me.

I don't exactly understand your point... You want me to fire Danny because he, in my opinion, inappropriately, gave out a warning? Well, if we did that, the forum's staff would pretty much consist of Devile and Festo. I undid the action and his suspension was removed, which is what I thought your point was. I'm not entirely sure what more you want of me.[/b]
    No, I just didn't know the ban was removed. Thank you.

Banned

Lol I just came back and I see this? Haha I clicked on this topic really randomly. Well first off, thank you Josh heh!

This is the reason I got banned for...
    Heartless, idiotic comment about Michael Jackson. Was going to permanently ban him but eh, speaking of heartless..? Um, yeah, bye

Danny

I'd like to point out I did not do any comment nor posted a picture. I laughed at it like wtf? Can't we laugh anymore? And anyway, the reason I even posted "lol" is because I wanted to make people figure out the irony out of it. You guys laugh about 10 thousand times worst things and you think this is wrong because MJ just died? You know you would have laugh before anyway. Yeah, ok, it's not respectful, but it's not like he hasn't been accused. I mean, yeah, he's been cleaned, but the accusations were still there.

By the way, as Shohan said, I doubt I deserve a warn because I laughed at a picture and I stated I didnt approve it.

"Heartless, idiotic comment about Michael Jackson. Was going to permanently ban him but eh, speaking of heartless..? Um, yeah, bye

Danny"
    good thing not all mods are too biased to distinguish between right and wrong.

thanks for the unban shurt :P

Banned

Oh, yeah, thanks for unbanning me...I appreciate.

nice to see cyanexttime unbanned but darki shouldn't have been banned either imo. He posted the picture and later said it was just a joke. If he were to say something sick like deathbob did then yeah I would agree. It was just a little poor humor, nothing too bad. I respect MJ a lot and always thought he was innocent in his 2 molestation trials but I still laugh at some of the pedophile jokes, even after he died. If you can't take a joke then gtfo the internet.

Banned

nice to see cyanexttime unbanned but darki shouldn't have been banned either imo. He posted the picture and later said it was just a joke. If he were to say something sick like deathbob did then yeah I would agree. It was just a little poor humor, nothing too bad. I respect MJ a lot and always thought he was innocent in his 2 molestation trials but I still laugh at some of the pedophile jokes, even after he died. If you can't take a joke then gtfo the internet.[/b]
    BAN HIM, QUICK!

Banned

now that 1 wrong was made right again

deathbob

i agree his comments where obscene , i spoke with him for hours about this he has seen them and agree's they where and should have been removed and /or apoligized for he took a right wing notion on them and deserves A ban , but i feel a perment one is not nessary he has been a member of ko4life for 2 1/2 years never warned b4 never banned and never muted i belive you have to take that into account as he doesnt even curse in his post that i know of , he is a really good guy man and personally i wouldnt have fought this whole time knowing i can get banned for disagreeing with mods if i didnt feel it was the right thing to do .

please reduce his suspension to 2 weeks
    give him 10% warn for flaming users
    give him 10% warn for abusing a death topic

i feel that is more then enough punishment for what he did

no flames please if you post , post something usefull please

BAN HIM, QUICK![/b]
    gimme the ban stick and i give him 1 ticket h34r:

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I'm sorry but I have zero sympathy towards MJ what so ever.

He lost everything he owned to keep himself out of jail and that is fact. His behaviour was irratic and obessive. Sure in most cases I agree with some disgression but stopping people going on about MJ and what he has been accussed of does not warrent bannings or muting IMO. Hell even the offical forums wouldn't do it on this subject.

PaPaSmurF

The mods sound like hall-monitors in the 5th grade who let the position go to their head and sent the kid to principals office because they said his hair smelled funny or some shit.[/b]
    I lol'd.
    I sig'd.

On topic..
    Let me begin by saying.... Michael Jackson,
    let me end by saying.... who cares?

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

What MJ did was not just simply make good music. He used music, and he changed the world. He changed the music industry completely, and had a huge impact on getting black people recognised.

People can hate MJ, think he molested those kids, hate his music, i really don't care. Francly, i'm not a huge fan of his music either.

All i wanted was people to post with RESPECT. I agree, his personal life has definatly changed the opinion of what the world has on him. I don't disagree that his behaviour was erratic, stupid, and in some cases ridiculous. But sometimes, i think people should appreciate what the man has been through in his life. NOT ONE single person in this planet has had the life he has had. Famous from the age of 5, yet beaten as a child? Hated for being black, yet considered the king of pop? Hunted by paparrazi before he reached puberty? These things take its toll on a man.

Yes, i am passionate about this topic for various reasons which do not need to be discussed, but it makes me sick that people who do not understand what this man has done jump to conclusions and completely miss-understand the point. The 30 day warn i made was for that topic IN PARTICULAR; of course it doesn't apply to the whole forum. But i find it uncurtious to ignore my request to keep the topic about him with respect to him.

Anyway, hold your opinions about the bans/mutes in that topic, but i stand by the deicisions I made.

I'm sorry but I have zero sympathy towards MJ what so ever.

He lost everything he owned to keep himself out of jail and that is fact. His behaviour was irratic and obessive. Sure in most cases I agree with some disgression but stopping people going on about MJ and what he has been accussed of does not warrent bannings or muting IMO. Hell even the offical forums wouldn't do it on this subject.[/b]
    With respect, this is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. If you were accused of something you didn't do, and you could potentially go to jail because someone made something up about you, would you sit back and go to jail for the rest of your life without defending yourself?

Not saying MJ didn't do it, but consider IF he hadn't

And im sure that if there was CONCLUSIVE proof that he did indeed molest children then he would not have much respect from anyone, including me.

But i believe he didn't do it - I believe he was sincerly a loving person (shown throughout his life), but his bad childhood and mental complications meant that he misunderstood what was considered reasonable with children who were not his own. I highly doubt he sexually assaulted any children - i think the erratic behaviour about having children in his house and spending almost his entire fortune on building a theme park which is specifically for kids so they could enjoy was just his way of making up for his own childhood.

Of course, none of this can be proven...

What MJ did was not just simply make good music. He used music, and he changed the world. He changed the music industry completely, and had a huge impact on getting black people recognised.

People can hate MJ, think he molested those kids, hate his music, i really don't care. Francly, i'm not a huge fan of his music either.

All i wanted was people to post with RESPECT. I agree, his personal life has definatly changed the opinion of what the world has on him. I don't disagree that his behaviour was erratic, stupid, and in some cases ridiculous. But sometimes, i think people should appreciate what the man has been through in his life. NOT ONE single person in this planet has had the life he has had. Famous from the age of 5, yet beaten as a child? Hated for being black, yet considered the king of pop? Hunted by paparrazi before he reached puberty? These things take its toll on a man.

Yes, i am passionate about this topic for various reasons which do not need to be discussed, but it makes me sick that people who do not understand what this man has done jump to conclusions and completely miss-understand the point. The 30 day warn i made was for that topic IN PARTICULAR; of course it doesn't apply to the whole forum. But i find it uncurtious to ignore my request to keep the topic about him with respect to him.

Anyway, hold your opinions about the bans/mutes in that topic, but i stand by the deicisions I made.
    [/b]
    that statement kind of fails when it's your superior who disagrees.

this topic isn't to discuss Michael Jackson, this topic was to get someone un-banned, that is done, you can delete the topic coz in retrospect no one really cares about your opinions on him

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast