Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Harsh punishments, new junior moderators and other stuff.

This is a discussion on Harsh punishments, new junior moderators and other stuff. within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Okay... lets start by saying that ive been posting on these boards for quite a while, it has become more ...
Page: 1

Little archer Senior Member

Default Harsh punishments, new junior moderators and other stuff.

Okay... lets start by saying that ive been posting on these boards for quite a while, it has become more of an habit to be honest. it used to be a cool place in contrast with the infamous official forums, where voicing ones opinion would mean certain IP ban within seconds.

But whats going on now with ko4life nowadays? first it seems that we all of a sudden got harsher rules to anyone who tries to:

-slightly go off topic
    -try to give a fun reply to a known friend (that the mods immediately mistake for flaming / spam)
    -tries to post a witty short liner
    -give a controversial insight

at the first strike you get an infraction for "trolling / spamming" right away. i thought this was called ko4life, and not the nazi wonderland that official forums is.

here are some examples:

WIFI - [email protected] & [email protected]

warned by camaz0tz

My opinion, i believe that what i posted was true. i believe that i can express my opinion in a forum without being immediately warned for it. i wonder if i swapped "retarded" for "dumb" to avoid the mean wording, would i have still received a warning? anyway, maybe i was guilty in this case.

in any case, if my post was considered that offensive (lol), then take a look at your newest junior mod in this thread (and other members), because i bet some feelings were hurt in there! ---> aion f2p!?
    (he wasnt a mod when he posted that)

Critical Point + thrust =

In this thread we are mocking the member sonvicky, i played with him in c-west so i know the guy, and yeah we are just messing around and welp, infracted by XLegendz because apparently i was "trolling / spamming".

god forbid that i try to directly reply to somebody i know in these boards... i can only assume that sonvicky and regiss also received infractions, right?

this isnt the first time that little XLegendz does this.

----

So up to this point its clear, that the things that i use to post can net me infractions from time to time, whether they are justified or not lets not go into that for now.

----

Claude just scammed me :(

Here i see this sad individual making poor attempts to help someone in a scam case. okay, srs stuff i guess.

seeing how he easily gets fooled (Ronark rival?) without even trying, i truly feel that hes not fitting to be a mod.

with so many tools at his disposal, he decided to not infract me, but to ban me for a week. just like that, out of the blue. i thought there was a procedure? that people get banned once they reach a certain amount of infractions? my post wasnt ban worthy. i voiced my opinion about how i felt. which apparently is wrong these days.

his ego couldnt take it and decided to ban me, i dont really care and i wont die if i dont post here but yep, i hope his actions prove that his place is not one of a moderator. really lacks judgment to make calls and the intelligence to properly solve the forums' simple issues. at least thats how i feel, now confirmed by his childish behavior.

Note: i wasnt one of the "people that cried the most to have moderators in the cheating section"

So all in all, not complaining about the bans anymore, i felt some were unfair, some more than others. Anyways, my feedback on these subjects would be to double check who you select as the new junior moderators, because it seems as if they get bored without people to warn (xlegendz) and some others just dont have what it takes to be one.

oh and about the harsher punishments too. dont turn into official forums nazi k?

wishing to improve this board into a better place

-raz

not gonna delete this but admit i was awfully wrong, i needed to get some sleep.
    Last edited by razor; 02-16-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    LambOfGod likes this.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

I have a suggestion, stop spamming the cheater section with useless shit. I feel like that would solve most of your problems you're mentioning.

In all honesty I was going to say the ban was excessive, but then I looked at how many infractions you've received total coupled with the fact you were spamming a rather important section and 7 days seems right. With the amount of infractions you've received in the past 3 months, you are due for a ban, and the length is up to the discretion of the mod giving it. You've been banned in the past if I remember correctly by mee, which was a 3 day ban, so 7 days would be the next appropriate step.

As for you two bickering in PMs, I don't care? Have at it, go to town. Call each other what you want, threaten what you want, boast what you want, they're PMs and they mean nothing.

Edit: In fact, I fully support dealing with stuff in PMs. HAVE AT IT! Keep the forum clean of retarded drama and deal with shit between yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Okay... lets start by saying that ive been posting on these boards for quite a while, it has become more of an habit to be honest. it used to be a cool place in contrast with the infamous official forums, where voicing ones opinion would mean certain IP ban within seconds.

But whats going on now with ko4life nowadays? first it seems that we all of a sudden got harsher rules to anyone who tries to:

-slightly go off topic
    -try to give a fun reply to a known friend (that the mods immediately mistake for flaming / spam)
    -tries to post a witty short liner
    -give a controversial insight

at the first strike you get an infraction for "trolling / spamming" right away. i thought this was called ko4life, and not the nazi wonderland that official forums is.

here are some examples:

WIFI - [email protected] & [email protected]

warned by camaz0tz

My opinion, i believe that what i posted was true. i believe that i can express my opinion in a forum without being immediately warned for it. i wonder if i swapped "retarded" for "dumb" to avoid the mean wording, would i have still received a warning? anyway, maybe i was guilty in this case.

in any case, if my post was considered that offensive (lol), then take a look at your newest junior mod in this thread (and other members), because i bet some feelings were hurt in there! ---> aion f2p!?
    (he wasnt a mod when he posted that)

In this thread we are mocking the member sonvicky, i played with him in c-west so i know the guy, and yeah we are just messing around and welp, infracted by XLegendz because apparently i was "trolling / spamming".

god forbid that i try to directly reply to somebody i know in these boards... i can only assume that sonvicky and regiss also received infractions, right?

----

So up to this point its clear, that the things that i use to post can net me infractions from time to time, whether they are justified or not lets not go into that for now.

----

Claude just scammed me :(

Here i see this sad individual making poor attempts to help someone in a scam case. okay, srs stuff i guess.

seeing how he easily gets fooled (Ronark rival?) without even trying, i truly feel that hes not fitting to be a mod.

with so many tools at his disposal, he decided to not infract me, but to ban me for a week. just like that, out of the blue. i thought there was a procedure? that people get banned once they reach a certain amount of infractions? my post wasnt ban worthy. i voiced my opinion about how i felt. which apparently is wrong these days.

his ego couldnt take it and decided to ban me, i dont really care and i wont die if i dont post here but yep, i hope his actions prove that his place is not one of a moderator. really lacks judgment to make calls and the intelligence to properly solve the forums' simple issues. at least thats how i feel, now confirmed by his childish behavior.

Note: i wasnt one of the "people that cried the most to have moderators in the cheating section"

So all in all, not complaining about the bans anymore, i felt some were unfair, some more than others. Anyways, my feedback on these subjects would be to double check who you select as the new junior moderators, because it seems as if they get bored without people to warn (xlegendz) and some others just dont have what it takes to be one.

oh and about the harsher punishments too. dont turn into official forums nazi k?

wishing to improve this board into a better place

-raz
    Alrighty, going to try and address this fairly quickly because I'm at work myself currently so forgive any grammatical errors/clash of thought.

Concerning my self, Razor.. I've tried pming you and working this out but obviously it hasn't gotten to you. I will be the FIRST to admit I'm not the perfect moderator, I do make mistakes as anyone would/does, but I do dedicate a lot of my own time to this forum to help around here. I volunteered to be a Moderator to begin with, and was appointed to the position, and have been a Junior Moderator now going on about four months, so I'm not sure if I'm included as one of the "new moderators" or not, but I personally feel that I've done my job up to standard, otherwise I wouldn't still be in the position I am now.

I'll also be the first to say that I do want constructive (key-word) criticism. I like to know what I'm doing wrong and for that, I thank you. You may not notice it yourself but if my memory serves me right, I haven't had to infract and/or warn you in well over a month, nor found any need to.

Just checked, and the last time I infracted you was January 18th, so how I'm being pulled into this, I'm unsure. I thought I'd made it clear to you. I'm not out to get you, or any other member of this forum. If I was, I'd have done my best to make sure you were no longer around, but I haven't and don't plan on it. I know you personally from KO and know you're a good guy, and I apologize, again, to you.

That's about it for me, Razor..as always, feel free to private message me, please, if you have any issues, specifically with me. I'm not going to speak for the new Junior mods and I will let them give their own two cents.

-Chad

people like you motivates me even more to keep moderating this forum .

I'd rather not share my opinions about the new mods but I will say this - it's spelled proof, not proff. Try to keep things professional, please?

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    I'd rather not share my opinions about the new mods but I will say this - it's spelled proof, not proff. Try to keep things professional, please?
    I stated my opinion and the post got deleted. The admins should be able to see the post if it's just been soft-deleted, I'm not going to bother arguing about it.
    Anyway, you gotta remember all the mods are different and don't always agree with you or even with each other.
    If there's a problem with a mod you can always make a topic about it like razor did here. He got his reply and hopefully he won't be going batshit about it like unbeatable did. It'd be sad to see another active member go because of this.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    I stated my opinion and the post got deleted. The admins should be able to see the post if it's just been soft-deleted, I'm not going to bother arguing about it.
    In this topic? Nothings been deleted soft or full. You sure you pressed submit? -_-

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    In this topic? Nothings been deleted soft or full. You sure you pressed submit? -_-
    No, not on this topic, derp. Just forget it.

I have a suggestion, stop spamming the cheater section with useless shit. I feel like that would solve most of your problems you're mentioning.

In all honesty I was going to say the ban was excessive, but then I looked at how many infractions you've received total coupled with the fact you were spamming a rather important section and 7 days seems right. With the amount of infractions you've received in the past 3 months, you are due for a ban, and the length is up to the discretion of the mod giving it. You've been banned in the past if I remember correctly by mee, which was a 3 day ban, so 7 days would be the next appropriate step.

As for you two bickering in PMs, I don't care? Have at it, go to town. Call each other what you want, threaten what you want, boast what you want, they're PMs and they mean nothing.

Edit: In fact, I fully support dealing with stuff in PMs. HAVE AT IT! Keep the forum clean of retarded drama and deal with shit between yourselves.
    i agree, quite a bit of infractions.... how many of those were justified though? :|

ill try not to post in the cheater section anymore.

@XLegendz, way to avoid the subject bro, im talking about this specific warn that you can see in the OP. so you are justifying it? was sonvicky and regiss also warned?

i believe there have been other unfair cases with you... but ill leave it out of this for now

hmm, i forgot to mention, these mods are delete-happy when it comes to posts they dont like.
    Last edited by razor; 02-16-2012 at 09:04 AM.

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post

Me, regiss and XLegendz have a Ménage à trois every friday night, so it's all love.

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    Me, regiss and XLegendz have a Ménage à trois every friday night, so it's all love.
    didnt know Regiss drove stick.... pretty much figured the other two did.

hoorah.

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    didnt know Regiss drove stick.... pretty much figured the other two did.

hoorah.
    Lmao, you want to join us? Might aswell make it into a 'train'.

PS. Hater <3 xD

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    Lmao, you want to join us? Might aswell make it into a 'train'.

PS. Hater <3 xD

yay that sounds nice.

Banned Senior Member

Welcome to the club, razor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    02-16-2012, 06:36 PM