View Poll Results: Active market mods?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- They would know who is, who was, and who might be a scammer.

26 76.47%
  • No- Why not have the regular ones as admins?

8 23.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Market moderators should be active players?

This is a discussion on Market moderators should be active players? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; As the poll states. I think we should have active members from each server moderate their market section, makes sense ...
Page: 1

Banned

As the poll states.

I think we should have active members from each server moderate their market section, makes sense to me that an active player would know who the scammers are, the dupers and any1 that could fuck you up ingame...inactive players that are moderators would not know.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

how would active players know?
    scammers are found out by this website, not in game so being active for that is irrelevent.

dupers? once again, found out through this site...ur not gonna know whos a duper or not til they actually sell their items...so once again its something found out through this site and not in game, being active is irrelevent

im not seeing where active players are needed...the only thing i see coming from getting active players is them deleting topics of people they dont like, pinning their topics and other topics of friends, etc....

DragonFire

Dammit Cama..you ruined my plans ....on a on-topic note..I voted no..Cause I think it's pointless.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I guess I say something on this one,

We are looking into recruiting ppl to help with indervidual server issues. The big prolem is that when someone who plays on that server gets involed with modding there will always be the argument of them being biast in one way or another. Personally I prefer it when ppl post about it and both sides get heard and then the mods and admins can go over the evidence and do something.

Saying that EMo boy and Lutz break the forums so often and still have not given the mods access to all the tools we need.

Banned

ya, i agree with you felix, and i agree with cama partly. yes the mod should be restricted and told what to and not to do, in such if they post a sticky of their items for sale they should lose mod responsibilities. maybe it could be put on a trial basis with 1 person for each section, and see how they do for a month or so? then add or take away responsibilities depending on how they do?

ya, i agree with you felix, and i agree with cama partly. yes the mod should be restricted and told what to and not to do, in such if they post a sticky of their items for sale they should lose mod responsibilities. maybe it could be put on a trial basis with 1 person for each section, and see how they do for a month or so? then add or take away responsibilities depending on how they do?[/b]
    point is being active doesnt make u know whos scammer or not...there really is no such thing as scamming in game -_- cant scam through the merchant system unless ur completely stupid and dont count the 0's in which case ur an idiot but thats not really something someone whos active is gonna know about

point is all the scamming is shown through these forums so all u need are active mods on the forum, which we have...no need for mods for each section -_-

Banned

ya, well i'm sure if the ares section had a vote, we would not want eric as a mod.....but hey begger can't be choosers...

ya, well i'm sure if the ares section had a vote, we would not want eric as a mod.....but hey begger can't be choosers...[/b]
    u do realize that all mods review each scammer decision thats posted in the cheaters section, right? not just eric...so erics decision really means jack squat in the scheme of things

Banned

eric has this huge thing about +2 uniques, if u have them you either dupe or babshop......if u farm bifrost everyday and turn in the frags, you can have foverins+2, imirs+2 flame rings+2 etc easily.....and ares has been out for what 2+ years? i don't know for sure. so if u kill bowl bosses and eslant bosses for 2 years + you can easily have +2 uniques.....eric doesn't see that. But hey, I just wanted to throw out an idea to the superior mods here. If it fails or gets no attention, won't keep me awake at night. Thx for all you've posted about it as it can be either good or bad for being an active player ingame being a mod.

how about actually asking me personally about it instead of flaming me in various posts? The problem is the majority of those +2 and above items WILL come from dupers/babashoppers, so instead of taking that chance in order to allow a few people sell +2 uniques that are legit I made that rule. Eventually I may allow +2 uniques, but I still think it is better off this way. I'll make a poll concerning them.

Banned Senior Member

I dont break the forums cama -_-

I can tho if I wanted to ^_^

voted both

how would active players know?
    scammers are found out by this website, not in game so being active for that is irrelevent.

dupers? once again, found out through this site...ur not gonna know whos a duper or not til they actually sell their items...so once again its something found out through this site and not in game, being active is irrelevent

im not seeing where active players are needed...the only thing i see coming from getting active players is them deleting topics of people they dont like, pinning their topics and other topics of friends, etc....[/b]
    Thats already happening, eric pinning his market post, pinning only 1 scammer post, lutz making his title big red and bold. Someone from diez with +9 shell and +10 ds ingame was selling +9/10 items on here and it didnt get deleted for ages. And you can see who is a duper ingame, if they rebirth there +9/10 armor its easy enough, also its better as if a active ingame mod catchs a well known koxper he can ban them from here. So i voted yes.

4:20

4:20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast