Market Sujjestion

This is a discussion on Market Sujjestion within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I think new accounts that are made should be able to post in market thread if they receive a certain ...
Page: 1

Default Market Sujjestion

I think new accounts that are made should be able to post in market thread if they receive a certain amount of vouchers from reputable users : P

Mods will obviously have final say but it'd be cool if someone joined who everyone knew and they could just go ahead and vouch for him so he could start making transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by HealZZ View Post
    I think new accounts that are made should be able to post in market thread if they receive a certain amount of vouchers from reputable users : P

Mods will obviously have final say but it'd be cool if someone joined who everyone knew and they could just go ahead and vouch for him so he could start making transactions.
    over my time as moderator...... Ive seen a ton of so called Reputable people vouch for someone.....only to see the reputable person banned for scamming down the road.

Vouches really dont mean anything. It only takes once to scamm someone. By doing it the way we do it, at least it give us some sort of post history that may be needed when trying to figure out if a guy is a scammer. Sometimes thats all that was needed to figure it out...... sometimes not. I think the system is fine and its better then not having one. You wouldnt understand it properly from your side of the fence, that i understand. But it can be a valuable asset to us , unlike vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    over my time as moderator...... Ive seen a ton of so called Reputable people vouch for someone.....only to see the reputable person banned for scamming down the road.

Vouches really dont mean anything. It only takes once to scamm someone. By doing it the way we do it, at least it give us some sort of post history that may be needed when trying to figure out if a guy is a scammer. Sometimes thats all that was needed to figure it out...... sometimes not. I think the system is fine and its better then not having one. You wouldnt understand it properly from your side of the fence, that i understand. But it can be a valuable asset to us , unlike vouchers.
    I will back up what Draven has said, nowadays somebody will vouch after 1 deal, which isn't enough in my eyes to vouch for somebody. We discussed the best way to stop scams and this way is the safest overal

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Exactly.

People will just ask friends to vouch for them, or to just tell them to make an account and then vouch for them.

Vouches from most reputable users don't mean anything, especially since the (new) user will probably be going first in the trades. Doing so doesn't test the "legitness" of that person, just of the reputable user. It'd be quite easy for someone to do 10 trades of $10 each to get "vouches" then scam for $300.

I make this point clear in several posts -
    Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    Succesful traders:

Please note, I rarely go first: If the following trades are not enough proof of my legitimacy, please do not bother messaging me.
    For those asking about the "trustability" of other players, keep this in mind: these people have went first with me, I can not say anything more about their "trustability."
    Quote Originally Posted by thing
    I think I also need to add another point in.

Just because a person has "vouches" doesn't mean he's trustable. Many new G4L members will do trades with trusted players such as myself and earn these "vouches" without any risk, only to abuse it and scam for larger amounts. Be warned - Be Careful.

** Would some one please allow for my account to post in the olympia market section now that I have acquired 50 posts.

Hmmm yeah your right. It's honestly just me being very eager to get into those market threads : )

50 posts is reasonable and 90 day thing ain't bad.

Honestly though no matter what system you put into place there will always be scamming but as Draven had said - any system is better then none.
    Last edited by HealZZ; 02-03-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: 50 Posts : )

Quote Originally Posted by HealZZ View Post
    ** Would some one please allow for my account to post in the olympia market section now that I have acquired 50 posts.

Hmmm yeah your right. It's honestly just me being very eager to get into those market threads : )

50 posts is reasonable and 90 day thing ain't bad.

Honestly though no matter what system you put into place there will always be scamming but as Draven had said - any system is better then none.
    Not yet, you have to wait to weeks now.