Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A nice tactic for keeping people from getting scammed on ko4life

This is a discussion on A nice tactic for keeping people from getting scammed on ko4life within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; First of all, I really don't think this will put an end to people getting scammed...however, I know it will ...
Page: 1

Aba

First of all, I really don't think this will put an end to people getting scammed...however, I know it will help significantly

Sadly, I keep seeing topics like this: http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=181632

followed by topics like this: http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1645417

I think an extremely effective way to end these no-help situations is by adding a (perhaps optional...because not everyone who uses these forums actually plays ko) email that will be shown on each person's profile or even their little info on the left for each post they make that will be their dedicated email that they will be using for trades...

a lot of people got scammed by so called "impersonators" who made emails that resembled the actual ko4life troll's email...so if everyone had a specific email, people who were discussing trades via msn could just check and see to make sure it don't happen to them.

Yes, I know the trusted trade moderator feature kind of kills this, but a lot of people who aren't frequent on ko4life don't even trust that, they want to make their own deals with the people they meet and decide for themselves are trustable.

Maybe even make it so that the people could register those specific emails, but the people who wanted to trade with them would have to "request" to be able to see that email, just for privacy reasons so everyone can't have everyone else's email...

just an idea :P now shoot it down

Banned

I think it is a good idea in order to not get scammed/fucked, thanks for put me like an example. I think on profile would be like an "email trade" or something like this.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Or you could just have the guy you are trading with pm you on ko4life to verify himself.

Thats basically exactly the same as you've said, just easier and less annoying, i highly doubt that people like you or others like to have their emails public all over this forum.

Or you could just have the guy you are trading with pm you on ko4life to verify himself.

Thats basically exactly the same as you've said, just easier and less annoying, i highly doubt that people like you or others like to have their emails public all over this forum.[/b]

i don't, but somehow people keep getting it

Banned

i don't, but somehow people keep getting it [/b]
    sad but true

i don't, but somehow people keep getting it [/b]

Well our emails aren't hard to figure out as they're posted all over the forums.

I agree with schrotti.. I mean come on, if you do a trade, why don't you want to be SURE you're doing the trade with the same person? It's like you don't care to put some effort in finding out if the person you're doing the trade with is either the real person, or trustable.

Pm'ing the person on ko4life, or let the person pm you first is a great idea, whenever i can't log on to my ko4life msn to help with trades, i PM people on the forums to tell them it's me they are talking to.

Half of the scams that happen are the person that's getting scammed fault.

Cammers91

I agree with schrotti.. I mean come on, if you do a trade, why don't you want to be SURE you're doing the trade with the same person? It's like you don't care to put some effort in finding out if the person you're doing the trade with is either the real person, or trustable.

Pm'ing the person on ko4life, or let the person pm you first is a great idea, whenever i can't log on to my ko4life msn to help with trades, i PM people on the forums to tell them it's me they are talking to.
    Half of the scams that happen are the person that's getting scammed fault.[/b]
    Sad but true

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

i like the bunny

helnix

i like the bunny [/b]
    +1
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")cc(")

Banned

+1
    (\__/)
    ( ='.'=)
    (")cc(")[/b]
    with some changes
    (\__/)
    ( ='.'=)
    (")olo(")

btw good idea

Banned

Half of the scams that happen are the person that's getting scammed fault.[/b]
    That is that i am saying. Be sure before trade pm to person in trade on ko4life first.

i already get enough spam i dont want my msn public. fags would go around signing our emails up on spam sites

my yahoo account is completely full of "SEXSULY EXLPICIT", "SESUALLY ELXPCIT", etc emails from people like, [email protected], [email protected]

dragunmaster

I think we need an actual feedback page, kinda like ebay has with the transactions some how that way all peoples friends cant just say ya hes trustable.

it wont happen but I wish it would

I think we need an actual feedback page, kinda like ebay has with the transactions some how that way all peoples friends cant just say ya hes trustable.

it wont happen but I wish it would[/b]

thats a good idea actually, but most likely affords alot of scripting and i doubt devile has the time for that, and lutz would just blow it up again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast