Possible deletion/downgrading of certain items?

This is a discussion on Possible deletion/downgrading of certain items? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Yesterday Linus replyed to a post stating "It SURE DOES. I know you all avoid the website, launcher, forums, and ...
Page: 1

Strike

Yesterday Linus replyed to a post stating "It SURE DOES. I know you all avoid the website, launcher, forums, and power up store like the plague, so getting news to you is like pulling teeth, so I'm going to get a lot more and cooler information channels into place. When it does I plan to fill it up with things like me laughing at all the babashoppers and dupers when we delete/downgrade all the items they tried so hard to get awww". The last sentence in this remark leads me to believe that K2 is planning on caping armors at +7/8 and uniques at some level as well, probally +3 but no one knows for sure. Or if this was Linus just being sarcastic again.

Given this I would recommend that someone look into getting more information (probally Felix since he has delt with Linus in the past) as what what they meant by this remark and if caps are put into place what will be the new max levels of armors and jewlery. This would also mean that you guys would probally have to consider stoping the sale of +9 or higher armors and +1 or higher jewlery temporally until more information is obtained. Halting the trades at least for now could prevent some people from being really screwed over by K2 should this actually happen.

I hope that I am just over reacting and I have sent Linus a pm requesting more info on the matter but i doubt they will respond.

Here is the link to the offical post and the remark was made on post #17: http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=192030

It sounds maybe hard but K2 doesnt really screw you, you screw K2 by babashopping. Babashopping is against the rules and they want to get rid of it in any way. However it would be really gay if they delete items higher then +8 or something but they got they right to delete babashopped items. =/

Banned

Yesterday Linus replyed to a post stating "It SURE DOES. I know you all avoid the website, launcher, forums, and power up store like the plague, so getting news to you is like pulling teeth, so I'm going to get a lot more and cooler information channels into place. When it does I plan to fill it up with things like me laughing at all the babashoppers and dupers when we delete/downgrade all the items they tried so hard to get awww". The last sentence in this remark leads me to believe that K2 is planning on caping armors at +7/8 and uniques at some level as well, probally +3 but no one knows for sure. Or if this was Linus just being sarcastic again.

Given this I would recommend that someone look into getting more information (probally Felix since he has delt with Linus in the past) as what what they meant by this remark and if caps are put into place what will be the new max levels of armors and jewlery. This would also mean that you guys would probally have to consider stoping the sale of +9 or higher armors and +1 or higher jewlery temporally until more information is obtained. Halting the trades at least for now could prevent some people from being really screwed over by K2 should this actually happen.

I hope that I am just over reacting and I have sent Linus a pm requesting more info on the matter but i doubt they will respond.

Here is the link to the offical post and the remark was made on post #17: http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=192030[/b]
    You are.

Linus likes to joke around with people and you can't take him seriously all the time, specially when he uses the word "babashoppers" in his jokes, you know it's not official.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

But don't you think that limit of +8 and +1 would be great?
    I mean then the item difference wouldn't be too great and those babashoppers wouldn't have the advantage in PK :P

King0fKingZ

will newer happen

idefix

But don't you think that limit of +8 and +1 would be great?
    I mean then the item difference wouldn't be too great and those babashoppers wouldn't have the advantage in PK :P[/b]
    What about when all your gear is +8 with +1 uniques? Isn't it just boring when your gear is as good as it can get?

Priest_gabber

You do realise that would mean...

All current +10's goto +8's
    All current +9's goto +7's
    All current +8's goto +6's
    All currne t+7's goto +5's
    As for uniques?
    etc.etc.

NEVER gunna happen, sorry!!

Strike

given the items that just got handed out today i'm gonna say that SexE was right and I was just being paranoid :lol: (thank god).
    I am still waiting on Linus' response to my pm though but this topic can be closed.

It sounds maybe hard but K2 doesnt really screw you, you screw K2 by babashopping. Babashopping is against the rules and they want to get rid of it in any way. However it would be really gay if they delete items higher then +8 or something but they got they right to delete babashopped items. =/[/b]
    You do realize ALOT of the +3 uniques, +9 shells (hell even +8's), level 80 chars has come from GM's. K2 wouldnt do such a thing, otherwise wouldnt they lower peoples levels also? Even though characters are in a ring now, it is still 'babashopped'.

Uzu

Linus is OFTEN being sarcastic.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

What about when all your gear is +8 with +1 uniques? Isn't it just boring when your gear is as good as it can get?[/b]
    isn't it more boring to fight against babashopped characters with +9/+10 items and +3 uniques?
    atleast then the skill would matter in CZ, not the items..

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

You realise that would destroy the main dynamics of the game?

TopCat

You realise that would destroy the main dynamics of the game?[/b]
    Plus a few million tickets wud be sent to customer support so ya that aint happening . Linus was being saracstic i wud presume!

might aswel play priv serv with all +10/+5 if that happened. <strike>k2 arent that stupid</strike> K2 are too lazy to do this

Banned

But don&#39;t you think that limit of +8 and +1 would be great?
    I mean then the item difference wouldn&#39;t be too great and those babashoppers wouldn&#39;t have the advantage in PK :P[/b]
    thats a private server sir , we might aswell all be lvl 80 with 25 gb&#39;s to start with
    will newer happen[/b]
    agreed

might aswel play priv serv with all +10/+5 if that happened. <strike>k2 arent that stupid</strike> K2 are too lazy to do this[/b]
    they would loose ton&#39;s of money on premium&#39;s that people purchase cause this game would be lame as shit and boring to boot