Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post count.

This is a discussion on Post count. within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; exactly 1/2 gone...
Page: 2

Validating

exactly 1/2 gone

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Hmm.. I can't think of a reason why they have gone down. Maybe certain posts you made were in a section of the forum that was removed or deleted or put in the vault, and therefore are no longer being counted? Though, if your saying its an exact difference, then i'm not sure... Will look into it.

StoneColdAngel

Which sections got deleted? I can't think of any missing <.<

Banned Senior Member

I went down about 1300 or so, I believe unlike Invision ( when you turned off postcount in a forum the posts stayed the same ) VB might be setup for live data. Like if I turned on postcount in Offtopic, it would update everyones posts with the amount they did in that section. Thats what my theory is, but I believe Devile is looking into it.

StoneColdAngel

I think you theory is wrong ^^ The most I post is in Offtopic yet my post count went down ^^ Oh and I got another question regarding post count. Once you fix ppls post counts do they get reset to what they were before the migration and you lose the count you gain meanwhile or do they get add up?

Nah stone, i think phantom is onto it. What he is trying to say is, say someone had a post count of 1000 and they were all in the offtopic section, if you then turned off the post counter in offtopic section, invision would keep it at 1000, whereas VB would reduce the post count by those 1000 posts from the past...

I think your onto something phantom, because that would also include the Market sections - something that would definatly account for that many posts. I'm inclined to agree with your theory =]

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Nah stone, i think phantom is onto it. What he is trying to say is, say someone had a post count of 1000 and they were all in the offtopic section, if you then turned off the post counter in offtopic section, invision would keep it at 1000, whereas VB would reduce the post count by those 1000 posts from the past...

I think your onto something phantom, because that would also include the Market sections - something that would definatly account for that many posts. I'm inclined to agree with your theory =]
    nope, invision took away post count too...

why do people even care about post count? remove post count from the forum completely imo...make it so no sections give post count <_< or remove post count from showing if possible lol

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post

why do people even care about post count? remove post count from the forum completely imo...make it so no sections give post count <_< or remove post count from showing if possible lol
    Oh right didn't know that, then i don't know... must be something.

evilwevel

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post

couldn't agree more. i don't even check my own post count, let alone the post count of others

but those things are just small problems.

StoneColdAngel

I meant that his theorie is wrong. I myself only posted in non-post-count sections which now give post count so according to his theorie my post count should go up but instead it went down, thats what I wanted to point out ^^

evilwevel

Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdAngel View Post
    I meant that his theorie is wrong. I myself only posted in non-post-count sections which now give post count so according to his theorie my post count should go up but instead it went down, thats what I wanted to point out ^^
    perhaps your posts count went down the amount of post you should've got from those sections.

or deville and the government have worked out a conspiracy so we won't notice whatever diabolic plan they're up to

Hey cutie Senior Member

its post count.. who the fuck even cares? other then trolls..

Quote Originally Posted by crackurbak View Post
    its post count.. who the fuck even cares? other then trolls..
    Its not about who has the higher post count, stop trying to act cool. Its about understanding why the post count has changed - I'm sure most of these people don't care about their counts, but its still important for us to understand why its happened. If you have nothing useful to contribute to the discussion then find something better to do.

lost 300 posts o_o

StoneColdAngel

Its not about who has the higher post count, stop trying to act cool. Its about understanding why the post count has changed - I'm sure most of these people don't care about their counts, but its still important for us to understand why its happened. If you have nothing useful to contribute to the discussion then find something better to do.
    Yep you are right, the actual post count is irrelevant to me, I am just curious why it's -48 posts No explenation has yet worked for me ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by evilwevel View Post
    perhaps your posts count went down the amount of post you should've got from those sections.

or deville and the government have worked out a conspiracy so we won't notice whatever diabolic plan they're up to
    I got exactly -48 posts (know much I know) and let alone in 1 topic in Off-Topic Section I have posted more then 48 times ^^ Time to gather the Lost/Gained post data from other users. Then I'll work out the formula of Devil's evil mastplan :P Secretly he works for Bush and is a member of Illuminti

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast