Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post count.

This is a discussion on Post count. within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Not sure how IPB works, but with vBulletin it counts 100% accurate your posts. But whenever u disable a section's ...
Page: 3

Not sure how IPB works, but with vBulletin it counts 100% accurate your posts. But whenever u disable a section's post count, it stops counting posts from that instant only. Lets say offtopic counts posts and u have 1000 posts. I disable post count on that section and u will remain with 1000 posts and only the next posts won't count.

But, there's also a nice feature called Post Recount. That will reset ALL post counts for all users and recount from zero, considering only the sections that have post count enabled. That's what we did and will do again til we get all the sections that should have post count disabled/enabled.

I'm pretty sure that either IPB didn't work this way or we are disabling post count in sections that weren't disabled in IPB. Or just IPB is a piece of shit that never learned to count properly.

So, expect more post count drops/increases in the next days.

either way is fine , just the why was nice to know =P

StoneColdAngel

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Not sure how IPB works, but with vBulletin it counts 100% accurate your posts. But whenever u disable a section's post count, it stops counting posts from that instant only. Lets say offtopic counts posts and u have 1000 posts. I disable post count on that section and u will remain with 1000 posts and only the next posts won't count.

But, there's also a nice feature called Post Recount. That will reset ALL post counts for all users and recount from zero, considering only the sections that have post count enabled. That's what we did and will do again til we get all the sections that should have post count disabled/enabled.

I'm pretty sure that either IPB didn't work this way or we are disabling post count in sections that weren't disabled in IPB. Or just IPB is a piece of shit that never learned to count properly.

So, expect more post count drops/increases in the next days.
    So this feature resets ones count to zero and then counts the persons posts up to reset and adds them up - ofc only of sections with enabled post count - did I get you right? If yes, it's an awesome feature ^^

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdAngel View Post
    So this feature resets ones count to zero and then counts the persons posts up to reset and adds them up - ofc only of sections with enabled post count - did I get you right? If yes, it's an awesome feature ^^
    wtf i didn understand that.

So lets say;
    500 posts in media
    500 in market

Media gets resetted. Then you will have 500 posts + counting from now on in media?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    wtf i didn understand that.

So lets say;
    500 posts in media
    500 in market

Media gets resetted. Then you will have 500 posts + counting from now on in media?
    its like lets say....

i have 100 posts in off topic
    100 posts in general
    100 in aion
    100 in ko

i have 400 posts total

they decide, off topic will no longer give post count, but the rest will

they use the reset/recount thing

ill have 300 posts

then they decide to re-enable off topic

ill have 300 posts+any new posts i do in off topic, but not any old

then they use reset/recount thing

ill get all my old posts in off topic during the time period off topic was a no post count zone

hope that explains......either way post count is worthless so why care?

hmm ok. Thanks

Yes, whenever we recount, it will count all the post from all the enabled sections. I dont think IPB worked this way, reason why all the differences in users. Bottom line is, this is accurate and shows the true post count in users according to our rules. The process itself takes several minutes since it counts all posts for each of the 20K+ members.

made me realize how much i post in off topic. either way im happy cuz im not a troll now so thanks

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

I lost all my post counts and my nickname is different from what i used to have... why?

Quote Originally Posted by xtommyleongx View Post
    I lost all my post counts and my nickname is different from what i used to have... why?

Did you bother reading, at all, before you posted that question? Also, why did you email me to have your account fixed, when it's obviously fine?

Banned

Don't worry about post count. If you are that depressed about the issue you can have some of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by vandy_vs_gator View Post
    Don't worry about post count. If you are that depressed about the issue you can have some of mine.
    but my posts are from higher quality!

Post count might move after mondays maint job.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

Omg wtf my post count dropped by 3

i lost like 900 post count Oo' i was at 4.5k before it went to -9999, then it was -9600 Oo'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast