Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

What do u hate from ko4life?

This is a discussion on What do u hate from ko4life? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Feel free to fire at will and let us know the main issues u see in ko4life but most important, ...
Page: 1

Feel free to fire at will and let us know the main issues u see in ko4life but most important, what do u think it should be done to fix them. We arent looking for flames here but mature descriptions of problems and ideas on how to fix them. If u think this is the place to whine and bitch without giving any feedback, u are wrong. Please give us some feedback and ideas.

I'll be dealing with this thread by myself so please dont make me ban u for being "funny" with me.

1: seriously mod abuse.

solution: demote, and replace them.

2: stability of the forum, slow loading / crashes during maintenance etc etc

solution: move to bigger bandwidth?

3: people with multi-accounts involve with scamming etc

solution: no idea, banning doesn't really work cuz proxy >> ko4life

PM me examples please. Dont post them here as I dont want a flame war.

Banned Senior Member

pinned it for the mighty leader h34r:

pick market mods from ppl u actually know, not some random vote about who's mr popular.... the pathos mod scammed people and then went missing... and im pretty sure another mod also did that as well... kaching or something.... Pick market modes from close friends or peopleu know personally to manage the markets.

Also... we should have 2 more stickies in each market section... 1 for discussing CZ/Wars... and 1 for discussing ardream.... we really need that.. the ardream topics are on almost every server for the official KOL forums run for like 15+ pages.. and theres almost no spam/off-topic in there.... and a lot of people love discussing who's better.. or who owned who in a vs.. who improved.... new clans... and all those stuff.. Ardream is a world of its own.. and when i browse on the pathos ardream topic @ kol forums.. i look back at the first few pages made months ago, and i laugh and see that those people who were now 60+ used to own in ardream ^^. we REALLLY need that.... server-specific ardream/cz stickies...... because if it is posted in general section, after a week it'll probably be on the 3rd page or something.. and nobody will post... so if i keep making new ones, im sure to get flamed blah blah blah... so maybe 1 60+ topic and 1 59- topic for each sub-server would be great... to discuss about things only from that server... because i hate people who flame @ topics which isnt even their server, and then more ppl respond to the flames, and the topic gets very off-topic. Also, most people only check the market sections for their own server.. or maybe 1-2 of the new ones.. and hence, it would remove the flaming/spamming made by ppl that dont even know crap about taht server.

Stricter rules about flaming should be in effect, and also spammers.. u see all these fags spamming +1/LOL/YEAH! in a lot of topics to bring up their post counts and crap.

Theres also a LOT of scammers lurking in these forums, because they are not IP banned, or only 1 of their accounts is banned.

Banned Senior Member

Sorry Devile if i'm stepping in on your thread.

Market Mods need to know their server. I am pretty much in charge of picking the mods and the first group of mods we had, the staff knew them from some point or another. Once I had the newer mods come in, I will admit I dont know very much about them. If I were to chose people I know, they wouldn't be playing on that server so they wont know the users, prices, or anything like that a Market Moderator should know in order to run their section properly.

Market Mods need to know their server. I am pretty much in charge of picking the mods and the first group of mods we had, the staff knew them from some point or another. Once I had the newer mods come in, I will admit I dont know very much about them. If I were to chose people I know, they wouldn't be playing on that server so they wont know the users, prices, or anything like that a Market Moderator should know in order to run their section properly.[/b]

he should also be trustable :P but yeah, i get your point. But honeslty, the market mods might not need to know the prices.. but maybe just the users.. cuz they never say anything about prices newayz.......

we should have 2 sticky topics for each server's discussion.. .1 for cz.. 1 for ardream :S its needed soooo badly :S. Cuz right now, the only place i can talk to othe rppl about pathos ardream is on kol forums.. and i dont like how they nazi those forums with gay mods, and not much people even read that forum.

Scammers , people who turn everything they dont like to flame topic , this is really annoying actually.

Any ideas how to address the scamming problem? Not really our responsability but we would like to help on fixing the problem or at least give the tools so users can decide in a far more secure way, who to buy/sell.

The flaming is not hard to deal with. There's like a few idiots that enjoy flaming . U get rid of those and enforce rules and its done.

Any more ideas?

Banned

1: seriously mod abuse.

solution: demote, and replace them.

solution: move to bigger bandwidth?

3: people with multi-accounts involve with scamming etc

solution: no idea, banning doesn't really work cuz proxy >> ko4life[/b]
    agreed on 1 and 3

on 1 also about market mods....make ones that still play the game and are on that same server cause i see a few market mods who dont even play

and on 1 how about anything but admins actually be ko players and still playing ko

and about the abuse ..... i have sent you many pms....read them finally lol

how about switch from ipb to either phpbb 3 which is amazing or vb

warnings should be documented as to why they were given and if we question them and the said warner is proven wrong i think that warning should be taken away

the pm system is bad cause it doesnt save pms sent by you to another member like phpbb did....also there is no where to save pms in general....so if i got pms i want to keep just in case i cant file them away...my inbox is almost full

better smiles would be nice...the turk forums have some amazing ones lol

sub forum things more....i see so many sections when you could just sub forum them like the "other games" why not sub forum them instead of making ko4life longer to scroll down to

i will try to think of more

Derden

i have made loads of forums with vbull and by far its has the best hacks and mods you can have it auto block multi accounts and loads kool stuff too like arcade, forum poker table, your own radie station ect.. you can play youtube video direct in the posts ect i have a licence im not using atm pm me if your intrested.....

Banned

Any ideas how to address the scamming problem? Not really our responsability but we would like to help on fixing the problem or at least give the tools so users can decide in a far more secure way, who to buy/sell.

The flaming is not hard to deal with. There's like a few idiots that enjoy flaming . U get rid of those and enforce rules and its done.

Any more ideas?[/b]
    Make all market mods do what BFD did with not allowing new members sell Items for USD. Just read BFD's sticked topic and you will see.

Maybe close registering or make it invite only. Like to invite someone you have to have a certin requriment, so probably post count.

Fix the trustability section. If someone makes a topic the only reason someone should reply is if they have sold/bought stuff from/with this person. Not just pm'ing everyone on there MSN saying go say i am 100% trustable. Maybe if this happens then topic gets locked or something.

Ares market mod quit. Ratnik but his privliges has not been taken away. Herb has no Internet and Also from what i herd from ratnik herb was not suppose to be a market mod but a trust mod. Ratnik said herb has done like 1 thing for the market section and that was to warn someone.

Also xig market section does not have a mod. Phantom said that xig market section is not that active and some other reasons but i dont think i need to say them. But why have the section if it wont be moderated? Why let the flaming/spamming/scamming go on in xig? Just delete the section.

agreed on 1 and 3

on 1 also about market mods....make ones that still play the game and are on that same server cause i see a few market mods who dont even play

and on 1 how about anything but admins actually be ko players and still playing ko

and about the abuse ..... i have sent you many pms....read them finally lol

how about switch from ipb to either phpbb 3 which is amazing or vb

warnings should be documented as to why they were given and if we question them and the said warner is proven wrong i think that warning should be taken away

the pm system is bad cause it doesnt save pms sent by you to another member like phpbb did....also there is no where to save pms in general....so if i got pms i want to keep just in case i cant file them away...my inbox is almost full

better smiles would be nice...the turk forums have some amazing ones lol

sub forum things more....i see so many sections when you could just sub forum them like the "other games" why not sub forum them instead of making ko4life longer to scroll down to

i will try to think of more[/b]
    I think ratnik was only market mod who didnt play and he quit. I guess?
    I dont think the mods/admins need to play KO.
    I think all the warnings i got, i got a reason why, Except 1 or 2 witch said just "spam" and i would PM the mod and ask what topic was it? Ofcourse i never got a good answer because it was just a excuse to make me shut up.
    As of a mod being wrong and taking back a warning, Shurt warned me, i PM him, told him the situation and he gladly removed it from my warn level.

I probably forgetting some more things but i think of them later when they come to my mind.

mammlea2

Market Mods need to know their server. I am pretty much in charge of picking the mods and the first group of mods we had, the staff knew them from some point or another. Once I had the newer mods come in, I will admit I dont know very much about them. If I were to chose people I know, they wouldn't be playing on that server so they wont know the users, prices, or anything like that a Market Moderator should know in order to run their section properly.[/b]
    Market mods dont need to know anything about the server. They just need to control flames, close threads when the trades are done, close multiple threads of the same user etc.

Does a mod need to know how much are shells +7? not really.

does a mod need to put attention in a thread where someone is saying: fuking sell me shells +7? Yes.

Fucking IPB. Hate this piece of shit. Made a long post but wasnt logged in. Asked me to log in first, I did and the post was lost. WTF? Crap.

Anyway, dont need to convience me that vB is better. I know and I been trying to move to vB for a while but the problem is time. Migrating is not an easy task, specially for a board that crossed the 1m posts line. vB ImpEx can migrate from IPB but there's a ton of manual stuff that needs to be done and I dont want to have ko4life down for too long. Need a plan to work this out. Eventually we will move, just need time.

Derden, if u want to donate your vB license, u are more than welcome. If thats the case, please PM me.

Fucking IPB. Hate this piece of shit. Made a long post but wasnt logged in. Asked me to log in first, I did and the post was lost. WTF? Crap.

Anyway, dont need to convience me that vB is better. I know and I been trying to move to vB for a while but the problem is time. Migrating is not an easy task, specially for a board that crossed the 1m posts line. vB ImpEx can migrate from IPB but there's a ton of manual stuff that needs to be done and I dont want to have ko4life down for too long. Need a plan to work this out. Eventually we will move, just need time.

Derden, if u want to donate your vB license, u are more than welcome. If thats the case, please PM me.[/b]
    Ive told you i could do the migration in like 20minutes HONEST ^_^

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast