Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Private server [section] moderator

This is a discussion on Private server [section] moderator within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Since we're most likely the most active people on these forums,i would like to request a moderator for us. The ...
Page: 1

Default Private server [section] moderator

Since we're most likely the most active people on these forums,i would like to request a moderator for us.
    The best would be to take someone who is actually active and who could help us clear junk.
    The reason why we need someone is cause there are old scammers or spammers coming back and getting rid of that would be good.

What i would suggest is to enable the register once again and maybe approve two moderators which can keep an eye on everything.
    I would volunteer for the job of Junior Moderator possible and i would like to say that Kallop would fit quite great into a Moderating position.

-Speak up your opinion guys maybe someone else would like to give it a shoot

Banned Senior Member

Both of you are shit.

To be perfectly honest, I would probably be the worst moderator ever. I'm hate working and thus doing something like moderating while I'm off work would seem really irritating. Also, I'm really lazy at doing that kind of stuff because there is no benefit except a cleaner PSKO section I suppose. Exactly the same reason why I should never become a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I would probably be the worst moderator ever. I'm hate working and thus doing something like moderating while I'm off work would seem really irritating. Also, I'm really lazy at doing that kind of stuff because there is no benefit except a cleaner PSKO section I suppose. Exactly the same reason why I should never become a GM.
    Well i was only thinking of a positive solution since we need someone "decent active".

The problem isnt the modding ,the problem is the community , the hatred between people in that section is incredible awful .

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

whole ko section is all hatred

Banned

I thought we had a moderator specifically for the private server section..
    Tbh I barely go to the private server section because I feel like if there has to be something done, people will use the report feature which usually works. A thing that just came to my mind when I read this is about the endless story with owners creating servers for the $$. I honestly can't keep up with who is a bad guy and who isn't, servers are created daily; or at least it feels like. I personally think the section needs a moderator who is involved in the private server scene as that might be the only way to actually keep track of things.
    ReesesPieces and ZeroH like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    Tbh I barely go to the private server section because I feel like if there has to be something done, people will use the report feature which usually works. A thing that just came to my mind when I read this is about the endless story with owners creating servers for the $$. I honestly can't keep up with who is a bad guy and who isn't, servers are created daily; or at least it feels like. I personally think the section needs a moderator who is involved in the private server scene as that might be the only way to actually keep track of things.
    I assume the moderator that should be watching over PS section isn't really that active anymore (if even active).
    The thing is i can contact Shane and explain everything to him but bothering him with this kind of stuff is somehow pathetic when one of us could be taking care of it.
    As you said we need someone who has "knowledge" about what's going on in the PS scene,once again since Kallop kind of refused to do that i would step in but somehow i think
    there are some people that could do it as well and if they get into this topic they could volunteer for the "job".

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

i would do it if they wont find someone else , but i'd prefer zeroh or someone to "take the job"

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    i would do it if they wont find someone else
    No. You're too impulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    A thing that just came to my mind when I read this is about the endless story with owners creating servers for the $$. I honestly can't keep up with who is a bad guy and who isn't, servers are created daily; or at least it feels like. I personally think the section needs a moderator who is involved in the private server scene as that might be the only way to actually keep track of things.
    Might help to create/update a thread to keep track of known problematic users/servers, so all the mods are kept on the same page (or thread, as it were).
    ZeroH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Might help to create/update a thread to keep track of known problematic users/servers, so all the mods are kept on the same page (or thread, as it were).
    Well the thing is there have been to many,so it would be extremely hard to do something like that expect if we update it once new servers come (once again need a moderator to do so).
    Your idea is actually really good but once again we would need a moderator which would be "dedicated" to the section.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroH View Post
    Well the thing is there have been to many,so it would be extremely hard to do something like that expect if we update it once new servers come (once again need a moderator to do so).
    Your idea is actually really good but once again we would need a moderator which would be "dedicated" to the section.
    Yeah, but my point was that it wouldn't just be one mod having to know everything; the thread would be there (maintained by any mods) with the relevant info so anyone can look to that list and see if there's any history they need to be aware of.
    Doesn't really make moderating it any less of a chore (I couldn't even imagine!), but at least it aims to keep other mods aware of important things like that, so there doesn't need to be a single dedicated mod who has to be "in the know".

Banned Senior Member

if i was to choose some one i would probably choose twostars to the job that is if he wanted it. in my opinion hes the most qualified cause he knows most of the developers and has been in the psko community probably longer than any one else here.

Banned Senior Member

That is completely incorrect. Two has been around long, but I would say I have been around longer then Two. Been around since the beginning of 1.098 files being made, and been playing since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast