Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Private server talk

This is a discussion on Private server talk within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Whats the real reason for keeping people from talking about private servers im just wondering because i really dont see ...
Page: 1

Whats the real reason for keeping people from talking about private servers im just wondering because i really dont see a valid point in my mind to do it and i've weighed most of the reasons i can think of ?

also i was wondering if there is a good reason if its possible of just opening a section were its hidden to members but ppl could be approved for it and the discussion could take place such as all the donator sections

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

yeah i don't see the point at all, after all ko4life isn't K2, so why ruin conversations of others, since I don't see any way that a discussion about private servers can effect ko4life.

Main reason is because private servers are completely illegal. We don't want to put ourselves in a bad place by allowing discussion of them here.

you guys are discussing loads of shit in donator section so i mean ... why not make a private private server section then make it open to donators make money who cares or just make it so ppl gotta apply or something if thats the reason

As much as I'd like to see private server talk allowed, you can't argue with their reasoning.
    It's ILLEGAL.
    It's not just against K2's TOS, it's completely ILLEGAL.

They don't want to be involved in that kind of stuff, as it will result in them being shut down.

my point is madhatter there doing illegal shit behinds closed doors so why not private servers they dont seem concerned about legal shit unless its legal to discuss it privatly if thats so then lets do something for private servers i mean its a large community not say lets host or promote it just allow the discussion ...

you guys are discussing loads of shit in donator section so i mean ... why not make a private private server section then make it open to donators make money who cares or just make it so ppl gotta apply or something if thats the reason[/b]
    As Felix noted in the topic that was in General Chat, we have spent time building a relationship with K2. We don't want to risk that.

Vroom

As Felix noted in the topic that was in General Chat, we have spent time building a relationship with K2. We don't want to risk that.[/b]
    K24life? I guess it depends on the people, those still playing USKO care what K2 thinks. :mellow:

K24life? I guess it depends on the people, those still playing USKO care what K2 thinks. :mellow:[/b]

Couldn't be further from the truth honestly. Our relationship with them helps to get things done, for example, getting Charlie187 banned. That was done by both KO4Life (it's staff and members) and K2.

much easiar ways to work with k2 but i rarely see u guys doing much for the community with this so called relationship all i think of is getting charlie banned and maybe felix's topic atm i guess thats worth silencing a community and causing them to go elsewhere where those communities are ran by retards

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I'm srry but i just have to make a point here, first I totally agree that private servers are illegal.
    But I am mean if you allowed selling/trading/buying accounts, or in game items for usd until now, which is all against ToS rules, then why can't you allow private server discussions, even though its against the rules. It's just an opinion and a question, I mean when you look at it, both of these are against the rules.

Banned Senior Member

Against K2's Tos = not illegal
    Private Server = Against the law/illegal

We've been against private servers for over 2 years now, and we're not going to change our mind

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

WE ( Ko4life ) have set rules that we do not support priavte servers. Private server nreak the contract you have with K2 for USKO. We have also spent a long time building realtionships up with K2 to help users. We don't like private servers as they tend to lead to a ton of trouble and people then come back to us "why did you let them show it".

Private servers break licening laws and can lead to being sued. If we are seen as asstisting this we can lose our server, we can be fined and we can also be held accountable.[/b]

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

much easiar ways to work with k2 but i rarely see u guys doing much for the community with this so called relationship all i think of is getting charlie banned and maybe felix's topic atm i guess thats worth silencing a community and causing them to go elsewhere where those communities are ran by retards[/b]
    If people want to find a priavte server it's not too hard , youtube alone can point you in the right direction. Normally most private servers are badly done and will not be around for long as they do get cracked down pretty quickly. With any priave servers for them to work they have to be kept underground because they are breaking laws and can lead to you being fined or having your servers shut down. ( We have agreements that we have to adher to when renting this server , which is basically do nothign that breaks the law or can lead to prosicution.

With the whole K2 realtionship thing , we have been able to help hundreds of people over the years with hacked accounts ect before K2 changed the staff and now new relationships are being made.

With the USD trades it breaks K2 terms of serivce but is not breaking any laws or risks us getting fucked in the ass my some law suit.

Finally why would we want to promote someone elses comunity when we have nothing to do with it? We have alway been about USKO and have then spread into some other games. Because the admin staff are what we call old school KO we are going to be more stubbern about keeping KO4life like this.

I honestly do not see anyway we could honestly justifie taking the risks needed to start private server talk.

I hope this is more of the type of answer you wanted Mike

Vroom

If users discuss private servers with your PM system, should you still not be held 'accountable'? After all, that is allowing it, not openly, but you permit discussion on your server in some form.

I do understand the position of ko4life, and I agree. I'm just poking around to see your opinions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast