Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Private server talk

This is a discussion on Private server talk within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; If users discuss private servers with your PM system, should you still not be held 'accountable'? After all, that is ...
Page: 2

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

If users discuss private servers with your PM system, should you still not be held 'accountable'? After all, that is allowing it, not openly, but you permit discussion on your server in some form.

I do understand the position of ko4life, and I agree. I'm just poking around to see your opinions.[/b]

If we don't see it we don't know about it so nothing can be done to prevent it happening.

Just remember if K2 catch you they can terminate your account.

PriestOfShadows

BUT: wht happens when someone makes a forum for the private server? then ko4life MIGHT lose members b/c of people MAYBE liking the private server. Just make it confidential, and everyones cool :P
    but i agree, it is illeagal, and i was sad to see the other topic about Project MYKO closed, since it was growing by the minute.

Banned

BUT: wht happens when someone makes a forum for the private server? then ko4life MIGHT lose members b/c of people MAYBE liking the private server. Just make it confidential, and everyones cool :P
    but i agree, it is illeagal, and i was sad to see the other topic about Project MYKO closed, since it was growing by the minute.[/b]
    Theres already private server forums :lol:

Looks like ko4life still growing 8)

Banned Senior Member

but i agree, it is illeagal, and i was sad to see the other topic about Project MYKO closed, since it was growing by the minute.[/b]
    Then let them go to those forums, we will not have private server discussion on ko4life

cama

but i rarely see u guys doing much for the community with this so called relationship[/b]
    to quote futurama: "If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

If people want to find a priavte server it's not too hard , youtube alone can point you in the right direction. Normally most private servers are badly done and will not be around for long as they do get cracked down pretty quickly. With any priave servers for them to work they have to be kept underground because they are breaking laws and can lead to you being fined or having your servers shut down. ( We have agreements that we have to adher to when renting this server , which is basically do nothign that breaks the law or can lead to prosicution.

With the whole K2 realtionship thing , we have been able to help hundreds of people over the years with hacked accounts ect before K2 changed the staff and now new relationships are being made.

With the USD trades it breaks K2 terms of serivce but is not breaking any laws or risks us getting fucked in the ass my some law suit.

Finally why would we want to promote someone elses comunity when we have nothing to do with it? We have alway been about USKO and have then spread into some other games. Because the admin staff are what we call old school KO we are going to be more stubbern about keeping KO4life like this.

I honestly do not see anyway we could honestly justifie taking the risks needed to start private server talk.

I hope this is more of the type of answer you wanted Mike[/b]
    first i will say that searching youtube for private servers is when people are most likely going to find the shady ones spoken about usually leading to a keylogger or virus (not so much in ko but in wow and runescape its the most common way of getting hacked)

second private servers up to a point have been horrible but as time passes they will be come more common and more populated which is why i think its important to tolerate some of it to an extent otherwise ppl will go to youtube or other sites seeking them and will put themselves at risk immo

third with the renting of the server as i said look at all shit that was going on in donator section that is no different really which is why i suggest some type of member only section where ppl have to be allowed even its its for donators it would increase donations if thats the case

forth sucking k2's dick any way shape or form is just dumb dealing with k2 is just the know how of there cs which this community helps players with everyday as one it shouldn't have to be us going to k2 it should be them comming to us as were the true community of knight online and the only community that actually has lawful rights in the great states of the UNITED STATES to take action . Dealing with k2 in any way whether it be on your knees or its with giving them a bone here and there or just not allowing private server discussion its wrong in my eyes so i guess thats just my opinion.

fifth as ko dies more and more everyday take 1527 patch as an example and just look at the #'s ready to quit a private server thread got over wat 4 or 5 pages before locked in maybe an hour or less as ko dies this forum dies i myself hadn't been in general or active much on official until 1527 and only to try and sort things out .

sixth the whole law thing look at how many laws k2 has broken that you guys as an old school staff should know about why should u care its a highly unlikely chance of k2 doing NETHING unless this box has a owner with no backbone

if u wanna justify private server talk just look at the topic i mentiond above look how many known players wanted to play it and how many of them have to go looking else where taking the risk of catching a virus because u worried about k2 not wanting to talk to u ?

Zxenke

hypocritical "relationship" you have with K2. You "help" them, yet still disobey their ToS, lol.

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

u guys wont change the rules, if u want a private server talk, go to a private server forum or make 1

cama

hypocritical "relationship" you have with K2. You "help" them, yet still disobey their ToS, lol.[/b]
    where do they disobey the ToS? selling accounts isnt against the ToS, it simply states u wont recieve any help if u bought and/or shared an account

Zxenke

http://knightonlineworld.gamersfirst.com/e...r_agreement.php

4c. Account. By agreeing to the User Agreement you agree that you do not own the Account you use to access the Service, the characters The Company stores on The Company servers, the game items and the in-game virtual money in the Account, or any other data which the servers and accounts are comprised of. The Account, characters, game items, in-game virtual money and any other data which the servers and accounts are comprised of, are properties of The Company.

7. TRADING AMONG PLAYERS

Trading of Game Items between Players on the same server is permitted. All other trading or transfers, including without limitations, trading of G1 Credits, Account ID, Account Names, and all out-of-game transfers, are strictly prohibited.

The Company is not responsible for any losses occurred related to any permitted or prohibited trading activities. ANY AND ALL PROHIBITED CONDUCTS MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF THE ACCOUNTS INVOLVED IN SUCH TRADING.[/b]

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

I have actually never seen a ko private server get charged with any type of legal suit, the only private server to actually get charged was a Lineage 2 server which charged people to play instead of just taking donations

And if they are so easy to find, then why is it no lawsuit is ever filed?

Zxenke

It's not worth K2 or whoever it would be spending their time and money shutting down these private servers. K2's name and product is still on the market and private servers only further promote USKO, etc. It is better than people leaving for an entirely new game altogether.

Banned

If people want to find a priavte server it's not too hard , youtube alone can point you in the right direction. Normally most private servers are badly done and will not be around for long as they do get cracked down pretty quickly. With any priave servers for them to work they have to be kept underground because they are breaking laws and can lead to you being fined or having your servers shut down. ( We have agreements that we have to adher to when renting this server , which is basically do nothign that breaks the law or can lead to prosicution.

With the whole K2 realtionship thing , we have been able to help hundreds of people over the years with hacked accounts ect before K2 changed the staff and now new relationships are being made.

With the USD trades it breaks K2 terms of serivce but is not breaking any laws or risks us getting fucked in the ass my some law suit.

Finally why would we want to promote someone elses comunity when we have nothing to do with it? We have alway been about USKO and have then spread into some other games. Because the admin staff are what we call old school KO we are going to be more stubbern about keeping KO4life like this.

I honestly do not see anyway we could honestly justifie taking the risks needed to start private server talk.

I hope this is more of the type of answer you wanted Mike[/b]
    Well Not True , Usko Not Cracking Servers at this time only Trko said they got cracked , but this server wasnt opened,cuz they lied they didint had this files , Now this files have all 1298. Its Working Perfect Except some bugs = MYKO fully working etc etc .. And i Think K2 Not going to Crck private servers till they not loosing pop in Usko , But yeah , RageZone was got Letter from usko xD , smthing like if they gonna share this site will be closed

Btw: What About Lineage , ro Private servers , for global l2 Doesnt matter how much servers around

Zxenke

MYKO private server? I know of only one person who has MYKO server files and is going to run a MYKO private server...

dell123

i cant even find a private server which is any good or can download quickly lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast