Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FuriousKo

problem.. easy to scam

This is a discussion on problem.. easy to scam within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; there is a problem on this forum because you can have multiple accounts per an ip. So there is this ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default problem.. easy to scam

there is a problem on this forum because you can have multiple accounts per an ip. So there is this one guy i wont say his name but hes been accused for scamming he has 3-4 accounts and he uses them to vouch and counts them as "trades" with each other. so lets say he can make 20-30 accounts and vouch for him self.. oh look theres a guy with 30 trades seems pretty gg ima let him share my acc.. BOOM SCAMMED. another problem with this is scammers can stack accounts so if they can ban on 1 just easily switch to the other and scam again.

so my suggestion is to make 1 acc per a ip allowed to prevent people like this making multiple accounts to scam and make it a bannable offense to have more than 1 accs to vouch / count your self as a trade
    lFilthy likes this.

So.. look at the people giving the vouches and determine whether they're a reliable source of information.
    If a bunch of no-names vouch for another no-name, make him go first.

during my time as Mod, i watched out for this. I can tell you now that what your asking for is impossible becuz of internet cafes and families. I know for one that there is a set of brothers that play from the same house and sometimes they end up logging from the same IP and they are legit.

The moderators have spybot which will catch any other account logging into a previously registered account's ip. Its up to them to be able to sort that mess out the hard way... 1) pm the accounts and hope to catch funny business among them. this is the only way sadly. Nothing moderators can do about it. It just requires time.

Banned

Draven pretty much summed it up. Additionally though, when a user has a dynamic ip and logs accounts from different ips there is not much we can do about it..

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    Draven pretty much summed it up. Additionally though, when a user has a dynamic ip and logs accounts from different ips there is not much we can do about it..
    I think people have an unrealistic notion of what an IP actually is and what can realistically be done revolving around them.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    I think people have an unrealistic notion of what an IP actually is and what can realistically be done revolving around them.
    Hold on a sec, let me google it.
    But yes, as it was stated - you can easily bypass ipchecks.

Banned Senior Member

Mac address limit maybe? only 1 acc per mac address. If any of you are familiar with D2JSP forum (diablo forum) they check multi accs by mac address.

Banned

I highly doubt that's true and it's definitely not possible without executing an application on the client. Headers do not include any information about your mac address.

So uh, you guys are all like "look at this problem, it's frickin impossible to delete this problem" and just a post above it you see mine which is like "here's a simple answer guys."

I mean, it's nice to have mods to prevent all these random small issues coming up but you have to be self-aware of the trades you make so that if another small issue comes up you're just ready for it.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    So uh, you guys are all like "look at this problem, it's frickin impossible to delete this problem" and just a post above it you see mine which is like "here's a simple answer guys."

I mean, it's nice to have mods to prevent all these random small issues coming up but you have to be self-aware of the trades you make so that if another small issue comes up you're just ready for it.
    you forgot.. were talking about k4l where people gets scammed by 0 posters.. now 30 0 posters vouching for eachother lol. idiots gonna be idiots tho i guess

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    you forgot.. were talking about k4l where people gets scammed by 0 posters.. now 30 0 posters vouching for eachother lol. idiots gonna be idiots tho i guess
    Are you calling me an idiot? I can't tell
    And I'm not calling you or anyone out but jeez, you've got almost a year here on forums, a decent amount of posts and a few trades - how in goodness' name does a 0 poster convince anyone he's more trustworthy?

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    Are you calling me an idiot? I can't tell
    And I'm not calling you or anyone out but jeez, you've got almost a year here on forums, a decent amount of posts and a few trades - how in goodness' name does a 0 poster convince anyone he's more trustworthy?
    nah iwas saying there is people that trusts 0 posters just look @ cheaters /hall of shame lol ,and my self i guess( got charge backed )