Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Required post count to view/post in the market section and send PMs

This is a discussion on Required post count to view/post in the market section and send PMs within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; spamming is still spamming but you do have a argument for new accounts. but then what if a inocent guy ...
Page: 2

Psy

spamming is still spamming but you do have a argument for new accounts.

but then what if a inocent guy comes around joins forum and hes got to wait 5 minutes to post just because of some stupid inmature people. is that really fair?

i say fix trustability section before doing anything about new accounts[/b]
    Surely, he or she (the new forum member) will have to follow the same rules as everyone else that just joined must, to ensure he or she is not someone who will break rules in order to use this forum for the only thing they see that has value. A new person shouldn't post in every single topic; moreover, a person who wants to get into the market section quickly will.

Ko4life mods and admins should realize that their market sections offer that of which few other forums allow. The least that can be done to prevent scamming is the creation of a new rule.

As for the people that ask "why can't i see that section," warn them, mute them for 1 day, and send them a link to where the rule will be posted. If they know that there are market sections, then that means they already know something about this forum, making them look suspicious.

What i am suggesting is that the market sections are to be invisible for the new people and people not logged in, and that newb accounts can not PM anyone until they are allowed to see the market sections (due to the fact that they could have another account and can skim for victims with it).

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Psy, we had this once already that users below 100? posts i think it was , wouldnt be able posting or even viewing the market section, that rule increased the spam insanely, imagine having like hundreds or even thousands of vandy's in the general section, thats what it would be like/was like.

Somehow I remember talking to Psy last night :P

Anyway. Some of this makes sense to me. Is not a bad idea at all, but yes, antispam measures have to be in place before we change anything. I'll see what can be done. Wont be fast tho ... to damn busy lately.

PD: For example in vBulletin u can add "days since u reg" and that cant be spammed. for example, to post in a section, u need to be 1 year old in the forum. No idea if this piece of crap forum has that.

swishersticks

Psy, we had this once already that users below 100? posts i think it was , wouldnt be able posting or even viewing the market section, that rule increased the spam insanely, imagine having like hundreds or even thousands of vandy's in the general section, thats what it would be like/was like.[/b]
    If there was vandys in the general section then there wouldnt be any posting.

Anyway. Some of this makes sense to me. Is not a bad idea at all, but yes, antispam measures have to be in place before we change anything. I'll see what can be done. Wont be fast tho ... to damn busy lately.

PD: For example in vBulletin u can add "days since u reg" and that cant be spammed. for example, to post in a section, u need to be 1 year old in the forum. No idea if this piece of crap forum has that.[/b]
    How can you say anti-spam measures need to be taken when just the regular spamm dosent get taken care of? i see +1's and offtopic chat all the time by old members. So why would you punish the new guest who do +1's and offtopic? Now im not saying no one gets warned for spamm but alot dont since they still do it , it gives me a conclusion that they didnt get warned or nothing for it

for the posting in market for a certain time. i think thats a good idea but dont make it for 1 year. i would say 2months minimum. then when this is implimented have the staff go into overtime and go through all the scamming post and stuff and start banning

Psy

PD: For example in vBulletin u can add "days since u reg" and that cant be spammed. for example, to post in a section, u need to be 1 year old in the forum. No idea if this piece of crap forum has that.[/b]
    People will make different accounts then and sign up with various IPs. But, along the lines of your idea, 100 posts and a certain time within which they can view the market section/use PMs sounds good. (1 year is too much)

Swisher, the anti-spam measures he is talking about are stricter enforcement of rules (because spammers can be seen as scammers in the future). +1 whores will get punished.

swishersticks

People will make different accounts then and sign up with various IPs. But, along the lines of your idea, 100 posts and a certain time within which they can view the market section/use PMs sounds good. (1 year is too much)

Swisher, the anti-spam measures he is talking about are stricter enforcement of rules (because spammers can be seen as scammers in the future). +1 whores will get punished.[/b]
    why not impliment the anti-spam right now? since alot of people dont like spammers

Psy

Because the spam is harmless right now. People shouldn't get 10% added onto their warn level just because of 1 post that is spam.

swishersticks

spam is spam

Psy

spam is spam[/b]
    I agree, but unless the mods have a bigger reason to ban for spam, they may not warn people for spamming.

swishersticks

I agree, but unless the mods have a bigger reason to ban for spam, they may not warn people for spamming.[/b]
    but they do warn for +1's sometimes. ask shurt

Psy

I don't need to ask him, I believe it . But still, there's no reason for people to ban for spam right now, I guess warning is on rare occasion, but banning has never happened. If the scammers became spammers, then they'd ban the spammers instead of scammers.

darkrouge4040

i have the perfect plan...how about u dont use usd to buy items that u mite get scammed out of....

swishersticks

Holy shit he joined today at noon and already got 51 post!!

hes a spammer and just joined lets bann his ass!

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?showuser=27592

OH SHIT LOOK AT THIS LOL!!!

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12