Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rules and Moderators

This is a discussion on Rules and Moderators within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; A couple of questions for the forum mods and how they enforce thier rules. Why do you constantly lock forum ...
Page: 1

Lemon

Default Rules and Moderators

A couple of questions for the forum mods and how they enforce thier rules.

Why do you constantly lock forum threads that turn into flames rather than deleting the posts causing the offence?

Why do repeated flamers like Ringwraith continuously bring up crap in every thread that he feels the need to even though he doesn't play anymore and never get cautioned or banned from the forums for a few days?

Why do you lock a forum thread that becomes a flame and not allow the people being flamed a chance to retort to the fantastical rants of the flaming tards?

Lemon

Banned

Why didnt you just ask "Why do the moderators always block topics that become flame fests?"

Seems to me that that is your real question.

--Chalupa--

Lemon

Originally posted by flippin
    Why didnt you just ask "Why do the moderators always block topics that become flame fests?" *

Seems to me that that is your real question.

--Chalupa--
    Yes but I felt I needed to offer them further questions to get a detailed answer or maybe even a reform in the way they treat posts.

Banned

Sounds reasonable, i think the topics should stay open until they get obsessively outta hand...

Lemon

Originally posted by flippin
    Sounds reasonable, i think the topics should stay open until they get obsessively outta hand...
    If posts were deleted rather than left for flameing to continue then they would never get obsessively out of hand.

Banned

true, then you gotta depend on the moderators to be on at all times, and ppl got rl's so its sorta impossible almost to keep all topics from being flamed

Originally posted by Lemon+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lemon)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-flippin
    If posts were deleted rather than left for flameing to continue then they would never get obsessively out of hand.[/b]
    what's stopping the person from posting the same thing over and over? the mods cant sit at the topic all day and camp for a new post. Forums are meant for discussion, but not really negative discussion. I find the topics where ppl say "YOU DUPE THIS.." "YOU GLITCHED THAT" "YOU CALL ORCS ON ME FAG".. to get really old.. How does that assist in talking about the game? Rants and flames between two people are meant to be done in private, that's why there is a private messaging system, no point and making it all public. <_<

Yun_Yuuzhan

Default Re: Rules and Moderators

Originally posted by Lemon
    A couple of questions for the forum mods and how they enforce thier rules.

Why do you constantly lock forum threads that turn into flames rather than deleting the posts causing the offence?

Why do repeated flamers like Ringwraith continuously bring up crap in every thread that he feels the need to even though he doesn't play anymore and never get cautioned or banned from the forums for a few days?

Why do you lock a forum thread that becomes a flame and not allow the people being flamed a chance to retort to the fantastical rants of the flaming tards?

Lemon
    1- Because the rules say so and I'm not a happy panda.

2- He will be if he keeps it up, even though I call him friend.

3- Because getting the last word doesn't make you right, it only makes you childish.

Lemon

Originally posted by Majix+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Majix)</div>
    Originally posted by Lemon@
    <!--QuoteBegin-flippin

If posts were deleted rather than left for flameing to continue then they would never get obsessively out of hand.
    what's stopping the person from posting the same thing over and over? the mods cant sit at the topic all day and camp for a new post. Forums are meant for discussion, but not really negative discussion. I find the topics where ppl say "YOU DUPE THIS.." "YOU GLITCHED THAT" "YOU CALL ORCS ON ME FAG".. to get really old.. How does that assist in talking about the game? Rants and flames between two people are meant to be done in private, that's why there is a private messaging system, no point and making it all public. <_<[/b]
    If the post the same stupid thing over and over you ban them.

Hostage

Mods arent perfect. We see flame and typically its thrown in the Vault. (our forum garbage can) Yeah some slips by. Some start permanant wars, which results to more topics. Thats just how it goes. Typically people arent banned unless their 100% here to flame or if they're just spammers. If you want to flame, take it to a PM or some other way to chat. We dont have time to babysit everyone here. We have lives just like you do. I'm sure you dont want to open a forum full of people who bitch about nothing but their problems. We do what we can. Once again, it doesnt appear to be enough.

Lemon

Originally posted by Hostage
    Mods arent perfect. We see flame and typically its thrown in the Vault. (our forum garbage can) Yeah some slips by. Some start permanant wars, which results to more topics. Thats just how it goes. Typically people arent banned unless their 100% here to flame or if they're just spammers. If you want to flame, take it to a PM or some other way to chat. We dont have time to babysit everyone here. We have lives just like you do. I'm sure you dont want to open a forum full of people who bitch about nothing but their problems. We do what we can. * Once again, it doesnt appear to be enough.
    I statred a post in the general chat ( http://www.ko4life.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23881 ) about Kingship and trying to sort out the elections so we ended up with a decent king. I stated at the beginning that I wanted people's suggestion for king and also reasons why and why not and not any flameing. It was going well till ringwraith decided he would add a helpful suggestion in the form of a flame. His post was not deleted and he does this in every thread that an Illuminati member posts in. Why is he not warned? Why is he let to flame wherever he wants? Why do moderators leave themselves open to flaming on their forums by letting his account stay?

Lemon

Lemon

Any answers?

Hostage

PM Devile or Festo if you have any more questions on this matter.

I'm too tired to try and please everyone here.

Lemon

Originally posted by Hostage

1. I thought this was the place to ask questions about KO4Life.

2. You shouldn't say "I'm too tired to try and please everyone here" because it makes you look like you are unfit to do your job.

Rentzusuken

Originally posted by Lemon+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lemon)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Hostage

1. I thought this was the place to ask questions about KO4Life.

2. You shouldn't say "I'm too tired to try and please everyone here" because it makes you look like you are unfit to do your job.[/b]
    It doesn't make him look unfit to do his job because his job is not pleasing every fucking wanker that has the urge to make a post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast