Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCAMMERS .

This is a discussion on SCAMMERS . within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Won't that take a while though? I am sure you guys get a lot of new memeber everyday.[/b] About 30-40 ...
Page: 2

Won't that take a while though? I am sure you guys get a lot of new memeber everyday.[/b]

About 30-40 per day I'd imagine. However, not all of these complete the user portion of the validation on the same day, so generally we only have 20 or so members that require Admin approval, which is very easy to manage, especially with 3-4 Admins, all taking care of it.

oOapplesOo

Scams will always happen people just are naturally dick heads sometimes. You cannot expect the admins to do everything for you just show some intuitive and use your brain when trading with people if you have second thoughts about doing so don't do the trade quite simple and effective =)

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

dont trust anyone their is always gonna be a scammer out their even ur friends will scam u

Vouching doesnt work. This has been discussed plenty of times. ppl vouching for scammers happen every day. Rather have something to keep your trading record so if u have negative feedback, too many positives from unknown/fishy ppl or u got no trades at all, then u have a better way to decide if u trade or not with that guy. If u get scammed, u give negative feedback and u help everyone see that guy is a scammer. Based on that record and paired with a "Report someone" option, we can check the guy and see if he matches any previous trader or if something is off.

U cant build a reputation overnight and with this, we will limit the amount of scams someone can do in a period of time. Its clear that we wont be able to stop scams from happening but at least wont be as easy as it is today. With this system u can vouch aswell, but it will stay as record in the trader reputation and not as a topic lost in the hundreds of pages of ppl asking for someones reputation (am i trustable).

knoid

Vouching doesnt work. This has been discussed plenty of times. ppl vouching for scammers happen every day. Rather have something to keep your trading record so if u have negative feedback, too many positives from unknown/fishy ppl or u got no trades at all, then u have a better way to decide if u trade or not with that guy. If u get scammed, u give negative feedback and u help everyone see that guy is a scammer. Based on that record and paired with a "Report someone" option, we can check the guy and see if he matches any previous trader or if something is off.

U cant build a reputation overnight and with this, we will limit the amount of scams someone can do in a period of time. Its clear that we wont be able to stop scams from happening but at least wont be as easy as it is today. With this system u can vouch aswell, but it will stay as record in the trader reputation and not as a topic lost in the hundreds of pages of ppl asking for someones reputation (am i trustable).[/b]
    Sounds like....ebay

Diez Orginal Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar

i now only buy from oldschool players on my server ^^

Cleatus

TBH.. I agree with the "Scams will always happen" concept. To the point now that -

EVE online.. ever heard of it? If not.. check out their forums. Basically.. their CS said "Newp.. we're not gonna put up with the tears" and scamming.. shamming, and in every other way being "shady" is encouraged. :blink:

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a scammer. I don't support scamming. I've been scammed. In KO and in RL.

With that said - Isn't life full of scams and crocks and shady people? In REAL LIFE.. if you get scammed.. it was because you weren't being smart. Same thing in KO. If you get scammed, and you couldn't afford to lose the money, you shoudln't have spent the money in the first place. Does it not make sense then, to stop spending USD unless you can afford to live without it.

infinityg35

just dont baba

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12