Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

☆ Future of this forum. Please Read, and Post your suggestions.☆

This is a discussion on ☆ Future of this forum. Please Read, and Post your suggestions.☆ within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Lets take advantage of having Devile here now, and try to get as many things done, as we can during ...
Page: 1

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Default ☆ Future of this forum. Please Read, and Post your suggestions.☆

Lets take advantage of having Devile here now, and try to get as many things done, as we can during that time being he is actively with us. Even if we don’t manage to get it all done through him, we need to choose new active staff team, and admin, through which we will get things done.

Current biggest challenges of this forum as we could agree:
    -forum activity
    -making good balanced, and active staff team
    -create visually very attractive site.
    -make site generate profits
    -suggest more ...

I can sense in Devile that he wouldn’t like many changes to be happening to this forum since it reminds him of the past in this form as it is.

However this is question of forum survival. Otherwise this forum will end up as KOrankings, slowly die.
    In reality only those species are capable of survival which are capable of change, and adaptation in new times coming. So we have to make choice. Do we want forum to die, or are we going to go through major changes, in order not to.

Users here are not happy with no changes happening, and forum dying, its obvious. It resulted in that forum migration, which was bit a sad move, but if users were happy, or at least happier, it probably would never happened.

Reality is: Knight Online still has thousands of active players. This forum doesn’t represent activity of the game at all. Ko4life section alone could be in best efforts active maybe even 10 more times (active members base). This depends on how we can approach different KO communities which are out there.

I’ve put here what I wrote in other post to sum it up here as my personal suggestions. Also it is little bit expanded now. More will be coming here though!

Increase member base, by inviting all people I have collected on my social media over 10 years. They include around 1500 people, I have all added. Most of these doesn’t play KO anymore, maybe about 10% does. Even though most of them don’t play KO anymore they are still gamers, and perhaps would welcome the idea to be members of successful general gaming forum.
    Then I have access to KO facebook groups which has another maybe 2000+ people posting there, and these are Active, or semi active KO players. That’s around 3500 people I am able to approach, and advertise forum to.

This is what I can personally do. Though its quite a dilemma for me, because I might loose my social media customers, who aren’t ko4life members. If they register here, they will probably want to trade with other people too, but I’m considering on doing this heavily for the forum.

● Most active communities in KO itself are Turkish, Spanish, Polish, and then general English (in that order). I would choose people to take care of and moderate each community, and let them care for getting new members from those communities, and handling section which would be opened in their language only.
    For Spanish Razor would sound good. For Polish we have Regiss. I would take care of general English, as I have most contacts in these. For adding Turks to the forum that would have to be decided, but seeing they are still like 90% of game, this could be considered. Of course English language would be primary in forum. Other languages could be used in their separate small sections.

I would want staff members to hold responsibility for forum activity as well. That means it would be in their duties to advertise this forum elsewhere actively, and passively too.
    Passive ways example: Put link into your sig at every other forum you are registered at – something like: join amazing gaming community at: www.gamers4life.com )
    Active ways example: Be member of your language community ko forum: Spanish/turkish/polish or other wheres some life. And try to actively bring some people from there. Advertise through your social media.
    Get your friends registered here.
    This is work, so you would be getting some payments for every member you recruited, and he reached some post count limit for example. Not by spam however as this wouldn’t apply.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this, especially Turkish community.

● Other than this members, and staff would be encouraged to write game reviews and guides. And receive points for this. Highest staff members would receive payments for their duties, depending on forum profits, and activity.
    Some of you might disagree, but this is the only way to keep forum clean, active and thriving. Because its just normal way of things that you visit this forum because you are playing game related to it, but once you quit the game you have not many reasons to come back, and even if you do, you don’t have many reasons to work daily for its benefits. So unless this will be properly addressed, situation might change, but probably only slightly. And this forum can generate enough money to pay its staff for work they do.

● Create balanced staff team. We need activity here, technical skills, maturity, and sense of responsibility and trustworthiness. Seems like we still have some people to choose from. And they are the guys who received most votes as well.

I’m willing to take admin position. I think I have natural leadership qualities which Im showing in real life, and could try to apply those here if needed be. I’ve put some of my traits in my application already. I’m technically skilled as well, and willing to learn anything extra that’s needed for this. If that is too much to handle for me, I’d use help of someone more skilled for advices. So would be good to have some techies in team.

Sending old users emails with news to bring them back.

Social medial integration.

Make forum more graphically appealing.
    This is Work of WNX, and it looks fairly good imho. Would bring some people back here even out of curiosity wtf is happening with ko4life

PS: I apologize for wrong section. But this is most viewed section. We have Devile here for limited time with us, and we want to get as much from it as possible. So we need to collect as many good suggestions as we can in that short time. In feedback section it wouldn’t currently get that much attention. It will go there once Devile is gone.

Same goes for Screenshot contest topic. It will be moved to media section once it expires. I putted it here, for similar reasons as above, and as I was confirmed ko4life needs stuff like that now to boost activity a bit.
    Also sorry for weird symbols used to attract more attention, but those help in that too. I promise I wont be using that crap too much, only in special cases.

PS2: Also sorry for too much text, Ill try to be more brief in future. I chosen exchanging text color for easier reading.
    Last edited by razor; 03-24-2015 at 08:20 PM. Reason: merging didn't work.

if ya need help making the forum more ko looking hit me up! agreed with the above

Little archer Senior Member

Shameless plug:
    Forums Restored

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

I applaud the efforts you'll make to bring the English KO community back together in one place. It used to be official forums, now they're shit.

Agree with most what you have said Darken. We need a lider.

Banned

devile already said he has no time to manage this forum and you srsly make the suggestion to expand? #logic

Banned Senior Member

Ok if you take over the forum i am willing to help. I read the topic and i approve man, i hope you will take over the forum and restore it.

how about a working k4l private server ?

Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the ring View Post
    We all know that's worked out in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by the ring View Post
    The only good thing about that would be publicity and bringing people to KO4Life. That would require a trusty group of people to host and develop the server. The server would also have to be super popular in order for it to work.

I think the last attempt failed because the lack of developers involved in the project. The reason for leaving the KO4Life PSKO project was the lack of security they hoped to reach. At least that's what was stated when the project was brought to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    The only good thing about that would be publicity and bringing people to KO4Life. That would require a trusty group of people to host and develop the server. The server would also have to be super popular in order for it to work.

I think the last attempt failed because the lack of developers involved in the project. The reason for leaving the KO4Life PSKO project was the lack of security they hoped to reach. At least that's what was stated when the project was brought to an end.
    Not entirely sure if you're referring to our attempt or a previous attempt, but it happened at that point in time where the attacks weren't as consistent as they are now.
    That, plus a huge misunderstanding with Devile, and we weren't prepared for the attacks at all.

Aside from that giant mess of crazy though, the server was actually fine. I think we did need more trustworthy GMs though, but it wasn't a huge deal.
    The attacks & how we (mostly me) handled them is what really killed it.

I would, however, prefer to go back to blocking that one from my mind. It never happened. It.. never... mmhmm.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Not entirely sure if you're referring to our attempt or a previous attempt, but it happened at that point in time where the attacks weren't as consistent as they are now.
    That, plus a huge misunderstanding with Devile, and we weren't prepared for the attacks at all.

Aside from that giant mess of crazy though, the server was actually fine. I think we did need more trustworthy GMs though, but it wasn't a huge deal.
    The attacks & how we (mostly me) handled them is what really killed it.

I would, however, prefer to go back to blocking that one from my mind. It never happened. It.. never... mmhmm.
    I was referring to KO4Life private server project, not KO-Tastic

And now its even harder to get 50 posts without spamming due to inactivity, maybe the 50 post for marketplace should be lifted, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I was referring to KO4Life private server project, not KO-Tastic
    Thought so, some of the details didn't make sense. A lot of people referred to it as that though.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Thought so, some of the details didn't make sense. A lot of people referred to it as that though.
    I have been around long enough to know the difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    06-26-2023, 12:49 AM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-15-2022, 09:40 PM
  3. Hits: 4
    08-05-2022, 07:36 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    06-01-2022, 02:18 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-13-2022, 03:30 PM