Trade mediation for usd?

This is a discussion on Trade mediation for usd? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I don't see why USD trades won't be mediated. Is there for a reason for this? I know it probably ...
Page: 1

idefix

I don't see why USD trades won't be mediated. Is there for a reason for this? I know it probably won't be totally risk free, but I'd at least feel a lot more safe trading while a mediator is helping.

E.g. with paypal, the seller gives the item in question to the trade mediator, who tells the buyer that he has received x item(s). THen, buyer pays via let's say paypal, and sends a confirmation e-mail to the seller that he has received the item, and will not chargeback transaction #12345678. Then the seller confirms this with the trade mediator, who then gives the item to the buyer. This way the seller cannot scam because the buyer will receive the item, and the buyer cannot scam by not paying / charging back.

Also it shouldn't take up that much time in case there are too many requests.

Banned Senior Member

E.g. with paypal, the seller gives the item in question to the trade mediator, who tells the buyer that he has received x item(s). THen, buyer pays via let's say paypal, and sends a confirmation e-mail to the seller that he has received the item, and will not chargeback transaction #12345678. Then the seller confirms this with the trade mediator, who then gives the item to the buyer. This way the seller cannot scam because the buyer will receive the item, and the buyer cannot scam by not paying / charging back.[/b]
    Can and will happened, it happened to me as well as a bunch of other people. There is no way to prevent a chargeback 100% with Paypal.

There is always a risk involved with USD trades, hell with Paypal you have like 3-6 months to dispute a transaction. It's a decision which was made by the staff to allow USD trades on here, but we dont support them

idefix

Can and will happened, it happened to me as well as a bunch of other people. There is no way to prevent a chargeback 100% with Paypal.

There is always a risk involved with USD trades, hell with Paypal you have like 3-6 months to dispute a transaction. It's a decision which was made by the staff to allow USD trades on here, but we dont support them[/b]
    Can file a dispute, but chargeback will most likely not happen when the seller provides a screenshot of the email from the buyer, which says he has received the item.

And as said, there is always a risk involved and ko4life could make a sticky topic or something saying that they are not responsible for any scams related to usd trades and do 'em at your own risk or something. Would still help imo.

edit: my point was that with the current system, either the buyer won't email that he has received the item and can therefore chargeback, or then after sending that email the seller does not trade the item to the buyer as the buyer will have a hard time getting his money back. If there would be a trade mediator we would at least get a solution to such scams.. Not sure if there have been any of that sort but still.

Banned Senior Member

In my case, I gave them links to ko4life, msn logs, IP logs, they added on the payment "Virtual item can't/wont dispute" etc and I still lost.

As for making a sticky saying we aren't responsible... we've done that and the community knows we allow but if your scammed in a USD trade there's nothing we can do about getting your money back. A trade mediator at any point could just scam a bunch of people ( has been done before )

We are actually in talks right now about removing trade mediation from ko4life, it's causing more problems then it's solving because people are falling for stupid tricks and getting scammed from imposters

idefix

Oh wtf :S Well, fair enough. Can close...

Banned

In my case, I gave them links to ko4life, msn logs, IP logs, they added on the payment "Virtual item can't/wont dispute" etc and I still lost.

As for making a sticky saying we aren't responsible... we've done that and the community knows we allow but if your scammed in a USD trade there's nothing we can do about getting your money back. A trade mediator at any point could just scam a bunch of people ( has been done before )

We are actually in talks right now about removing trade mediation from ko4life, it's causing more problems then it's solving because people are falling for stupid tricks and getting scammed from imposters[/b]
    Amen.