Upgrade assisant of forum pls

This is a discussion on Upgrade assisant of forum pls within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Ye, if i want to view my last 10 post, its kinda ' bugged' All it says are the first ...
Page: 1

Edo

Ye, if i want to view my last 10 post, its kinda ' bugged'
    All it says are the first 2 a 3 letters of the begin of my/your post..
    so we need to check it again before we know what we written there.

I hope this can be fixed/edited/updated.

I for one will Appriciate it alot.

Greetz Edo

Banned Senior Member

It's set like that, I believe Devile did that when tweaking the forum to make it run smoother ( and it has ) the search takes a nice little chunk of power on a forum this size to run to it's full power

SLeePMoDe

I kinda miss being able to preview the post before i go there by seaching but i understand it takes up "power", But couldn't he just limit the amout of searches, I remember KO ranking has a limit of searches per day, or on another forum They only allow 1 search per minute like we have for spam protection now.

Banned Senior Member

Might be able to, but Devile is working on somthing for BloodZone atm. Before there was no "limit" for the search, if you typed in "warrior" it would recieve about 200000 results, but it would only display like 8000 of them or somthing, but the single search would slow down everyone using the boards while the forum got the results ( in the case of "warrior" about 10-15 seconds )

Edo

It's set like that, I believe Devile did that when tweaking the forum to make it run smoother ( and it has ) the search takes a nice little chunk of power on a forum this size to run to it's full power[/b]

Thanks for the reply phantom, I understand.

Perhaps the forum can reduce it too like 10 letters/ 3 words, if thats possible?

Banned Senior Member

I'll leave a message for Devile to see if he could try expanding it a little more then a few characters

Edo

I'll leave a message for Devile to see if he could try expanding it a little more then a few characters[/b]

Thanks m8, awaiting your reply.

greetz Edo

Can u post the steps u follow to get that "error" and also a SS of what u actually see.

The change I made shouldnt be messing with that. When IPB runs a search, it does a big query and gets ALL the results to then display the first 500, which is stupid. I just limited the query to only 500 results so it displays just that. That only cuts the number of results, not keyphrases, but we'll see whats going on.

Banned Senior Member

It looks like this Devile:

just by searching a users posts:
    http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?ac...luser&mid=5

SLeePMoDe

Phantomlink is my hero.

The good news is my modifications didnt cause this. I removed the change and the problem was still there.

The bad news is that i got no clue (yet) of what is causing this. Anyone noticed when this started to fail?

/me hates IPB

Banned Senior Member

Saw it around the time you started to play with the server to get it running smoother on the new hosting

Vbulliten? XD

yea it was like months ago..