Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

we need a new admin

This is a discussion on we need a new admin within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Let's be honest, new admins/mods won't bring more traffic to the site. The fact of the matter is that the ...
Page: 3

Let's be honest, new admins/mods won't bring more traffic to the site.

The fact of the matter is that the website looks extremely dull, there's nothing attractive about it, it's basically just the same few inbreeds speaking in every thread.

The first suggestion I would make is to update the CSS and maybe go as far as wiping the DB and start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post

The fact of the matter is that the website looks extremely dull, there's nothing attractive about it, it's basically just the same few inbreeds speaking in every thread.

The first suggestion I would make is to update the CSS and maybe go as far as wiping the DB and start fresh.
    Sounds interesting also upgrade the board to the latest version .

Wouldn't wipe db tho. Lots of scammers that have been banned would be back.

You do know how to backup the Ban list dont you???????

You can backup any part of the db to use on the newer Vb. And the reason This Forum is dead as in Dull is cause there are no other Private servers on here. Take a look at how many Ragezone has.

I don't fuck around with forums that much to know how they work. But ohwell. I don't think there's anything you can do to make the forums more active. Makes no difference because all the English players use these forums already.

I personally dont see a great way of attracting new people here, there just ins't a huge english speak community now.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    I personally dont see a great way of attracting new people here, there just ins't a huge english speak community now.
    Unban Nick, Jeff and Chabo. You know, just because

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    (hint) You redirect the focus onto a game that actually has a fanbase (hint)
    Darken and Goathorns like this.

Because that would obviously work without any problems at all.

The website's URL is gamers4life, the options are actually limitless. Did anyone ever read Gamepro magazine?

Anyone could easily whip up a portal page, or hell, bother to make reviews of the games out theres or something.
    Game spotlights, reviews, outlines, guides, game art, comparisons, skits, ...
    You could setup a user-based media content solution, or you could get some guys who just want to build something because of the potential it has.

An example of the former is that you can categorize the users effectively to groups, and have permissions to different content production tools... New users can prove themselves with submissions, competitions, etc, and people already in the categories can access front page feed...

If you really want to go all the way into gamers4life as instead of content, but online services, then you can even go into things like Video database service, like a cloud application.
    Interactive and social applications in the way of a global gaming community, with or without subscriptions...

Some of these things can be well within the limits of any hosting and server configuration... and of course these ideas can be adapted, like to suit the current web forum model...

It's just that there's no vision, and no muscle, because I know for sure that gaming communities attract all kinds of talent and people...
    Last edited by Goathorns; 12-17-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Vice and Darken like this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    Unban Nick, Jeff and Chabo. You know, just because
    chabo was a scammer the other 2 should probably be unban.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Because that would obviously work without any problems at all.
    Examples as to which problems may come to surface?

Because I honestly can't see what sort of problems this would cause.

Maybe a new forum would be a great idea, also not just a forum but combined with a website where news and shit can be posted. Would be great to have something like kingofknight used to be in the past, where you can look up character stats etc. combined with a forum like this would be awesome but you need access to the KO DB.. which is gonna be a pain in the ass to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch View Post
    Maybe a new forum would be a great idea, also not just a forum but combined with a website where news and shit can be posted. Would be great to have something like kingofknight used to be in the past, where you can look up character stats etc. combined with a forum like this would be awesome but you need access to the KO DB.. which is gonna be a pain in the ass to get.
    Obtaining & showing the characters stats ran them into trouble, and consequently the server was updated not to hand out info for all players in-game (only those near the requesting character), so it's not really a feasible idea.

Examples as to which problems may come to surface?

Because I honestly can't see what sort of problems this would cause.
    You don't see any problem transforming a forum mostly dedicated to one game into a forum dedicated to another? Well I dunno, first problem I could imagine is the fact that people like different games and most ppl who browse these forums wouldn't agree on one game to play. Technically you're looking for a new forum dedicated to whatever game you're playing currently and you do not want to leave ko4life and join another one. Thus, you want to transform ko4life to another game's fan-based forum. Obviously I'm not actually taking this suggestion seriously at any level. I don't really see what's the point of this argument anyway. Just let the forums die. Is it that hard for people to accept that the games death will also lead to the death of fan pages?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast