Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

we need a new admin

This is a discussion on we need a new admin within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I personally vote Razor.. or we unban sacred and move him up or even TheUnbeatable....
Page: 2

Banned Senior Member

I personally vote Razor.. or we unban sacred and move him up or even TheUnbeatable.
    Jamm1n likes this.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ™Infected™ View Post
    I personally think there is alot of improvements that has to be done in this site, not only about the moderating subject.
    Like what?

It's very easy to say a new admin or new mod will change anything, when ultimately it's not going to change much at all. Fact of the matter is, just like in real life, moderation cannot work without the help of the regular members of it's society. You want a better forum? Use the report feature. Suggest improvements. Be active in the upbringing of your own community. Anyone can sit on the sidelines and say it could be better.

As always, I'm up for ideas, but 90% of my inbox is "why can't I post in market" or "please unban" or "please ban x person". The other 10% is referring to something I already know about but haven't had time to get to. Hell, look at this Feedback section, see any improvements for the forum besides "we need new mods?" No... just that and people needing help about their own personal accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    Like what?

It's very easy to say a new admin or new mod will change anything, when ultimately it's not going to change much at all. Fact of the matter is, just like in real life, moderation cannot work without the help of the regular members of it's society. You want a better forum? Use the report feature. Suggest improvements. Be active in the upbringing of your own community. Anyone can sit on the sidelines and say it could be better.

As always, I'm up for ideas, but 90% of my inbox is "why can't I post in market" or "please unban" or "please ban x person". The other 10% is referring to something I already know about but haven't had time to get to. Hell, look at this Feedback section, see any improvements for the forum besides "we need new mods?" No... just that and people needing help about their own personal accounts.
    I guess job well done? Nobody has other things to complain about except recently inactive admins.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    I personally vote Razor.. or we unban sacred and move him up or even TheUnbeatable.
    Nah, I decline. I could perhaps be a forum-only mod and close trash when needed, but an admin? I want these forums to be occasional fun, not another responsibility to take care of.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Like what?

Take 5minutes of your free time and check out on other forums, big communities which started after KO4Life did and they has bigger population..why is that?

->Report button, well I can't speak for others but I use it and sometimes nothing really happen to this guys who gets reported...even if its spammers.
    I didn't give up yet, I use it when its necessary but I believe other people gave up..since nothing being done about the people they report..

Put yourself in my place or someone else's, you report someone who deserve a warning or any kind of punishment.
    The guy you just "reported" didn't get any kind of punishment and probably not a warning as well(since he continue spamming/flamming/whatever)
    Would you continue using the report system?

And I don't want to sound rude or something yea.. but you and devile been inactive for a while now..I don't know if its because of your RL or you just don't want to be active..
    I really don't know and I don't want to get into it, its your personal free time..do whatever you want with it.
    BUT! I think getting more mods/admins would help this community with its activity and the disrespect members giving to each other here.

Yes, as I said moderating isn't the only thing.. some improvements would be awesome.
    And I mean, like new sections.. new updates related to this site.
    Just take 5minutes of your time and check out what im talking about, check different gaming communities.

P.S
    Check your PMs.
    Last edited by Adi; 12-08-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Little archer Senior Member

I reported a guy who was blatantly sharing k4l accounts and nothing has been done yet >_>

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ™Infected™ View Post
    ->Report button, well I can't speak for others but I use it and sometimes nothing really happen to this guys who gets reported...even if its spammers.
    I didn't give up yet, I use it when its necessary but I believe other people gave up..since nothing being done about the people they report..
    I've said it a million times. How do you know nothing happened? Are you sure the person you reported wasn't infracted? PM'd? Maybe the mods didn't agree with your reports? Just because you saw nothing done with the report, doesn't mean a mod didn't see it and do something about it, or if they didn't agree with the report did nothing ON PURPOSE.

Put yourself in my place or someone else's, you report someone who deserve a warning or any kind of punishment.
    The guy you just "reported" didn't get any kind of punishment and probably not a warning as well(since he continue spamming/flamming/whatever)
    Would you continue using the report system?
    I'm going ot let you in on a little secret. 99.9% of people infracted for flaming continue to flame. They generally do this until they get to 1 infraction until temp ban, then they wait for the previous infractions to expire and then continue. During this period of "down time" they make posts flaming the staff for abuse of the infraction system.

And I don't want to sound rude or something yea.. but you and devile been inactive for a while now..I don't know if its because of your RL or you just don't want to be active..
    I really don't know and I don't want to get into it, its your personal free time..do whatever you want with it.
    BUT! I think getting more mods/admins would help this community with its activity and the disrespect members giving to each other here.
    How? Explain to me your logic behind this, because I honestly don't see it.

Yes, as I said moderating isn't the only thing.. some improvements would be awesome.
    And I mean, like new sections.. new updates related to this site.
    Just take 5minutes of your time and check out what im talking about, check different gaming communities.
    Other gaming communities are based around specific games as their "core" game and then expand slightly based off that. We did exactly this, but our core game(KO) is a dying game full of toxic players, scammers, and people who don't speak english at all. As a result the base for the community we get isn't that great to begin with. This forum was made for that base, but as the game dies and people leave the game, our base for the forum minimizes as well.

But ok let's play along with your idea. New sections like what? New updates like what? Like I said I'm 100% open to good ideas, but all you've given me is "we need more mods to make the forum active" which makes zero sense.

P.S
    Check your PMs.
    I always check my PM's anytime I get a new one, if I haven't responded it's because I don't feel there's a need for a response. This usually means the answer to what you asked me already exists in a sticky or some other form of obvious pre-written answer.
    Last edited by camaz0tz; 12-09-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

I've said it a million times. How do you know nothing happened? Are you sure the person you reported wasn't infracted? PM'd? Maybe the mods didn't agree with your reports? Just because you saw nothing done with the report, doesn't mean a mod didn't see it and do something about it, or if they didn't agree with the report did nothing ON PURPOSE.
    How do I know? cause the moderator(s) who handled my report told me theirselves they didn't do much. Seems like they're scared of losing their powers because of people that would complain about them.

I'm going ot let you in on a little secret. 99.9% of people infracted for flaming continue to flame. They generally do this until they get to 1 infraction until temp ban, then they wait for the previous infractions to expire and then continue. During this period of "down time" they make posts flaming the staff for abuse of the infraction system.
    That's how it worked, 1year ago.
    Now, people barely get any infractions or warnings(call it however you want). I can show you myself, people who deserve getting infraction.
    Maybe they got infraction once from some moderator, but that's it. They just ignored it and continued doing their thing.

How? Explain to me your logic behind this, because I honestly don't see it.
    How? you need to realize that your moderators are AFRAID OF LOOSING THEIR POWERS.
    You explain me, the logic of having a moderator who doesn't do anything cause he's scared of the admin's reaction.

-Plus- I can see only 1-2guys from G4L staff that actually bother loggin and try to do something, all the rest just has the title.

Other gaming communities are based around specific games as their "core" game and then expand slightly based off that. We did exactly this, but our core game(KO) is a dying game full of toxic players, scammers, and people who don't speak english at all. As a result the base for the community we get isn't that great to begin with. This forum was made for that base, but as the game dies and people leave the game, our base for the forum minimizes as well.
    Nope, I didn't want to post other websites...but take this one as an example : elitepvpers
    Those forums started on 2009, ko4life started on 2006.
    Their population is atleast 10times higher than ko4life, I got no clue from where they started.. but just check out by yourself how many sections they got there and how many users in every section.
    Every section there has more population than our KO's section.

But ok let's play along with your idea. New sections like what? New updates like what? Like I said I'm 100% open to good ideas, but all you've given me is "we need more mods to make the forum active" which makes zero sense.
    The idea of having new mods , isn't exactly the only thing you can do as I told you.
    And I don't know why you look at having new mods in a bad way.
    You know , I know..everyone know that there are atleast 4 staff members that you could replace with new ones.

Sections, okay.
    Let's start with your "Other" section. You should of name it FPS section for example and make more sub-forums in it.
    Like, battlefield , crysis... you know.. good FPS games.. I could name 5-6 of them if you want but you got the point..

Moba games, make 3sub forums and call em League of Legends / Dota / HoN.
    for every sub forum make 4-5sub forums : General Chat , Updates , Market Place , Media .... etc.

More updates, you could install new modes like shoutbox / arrowchat or something.
    And for example, change this ugly default skin already D: since devile updated the forums to vb 4.1.x we got that skin which is the default one..just with few color changes that you can change by yourself on admincp.
    Get something new :P, it probably won't bring new people(new theme) but atleast it will look better than that lol

I always check my PM's anytime I get a new one, if I haven't responded it's because I don't feel there's a need for a response. This usually means the answer to what you asked me already exists in a sticky or some other form of obvious pre-written answer.
    Ok...

O_o Senior Member

Shoutbox was suggested many times before but devile/cama kept declining it coz they said it will make people flame / use it as market place. I think that shout box is what that will make ppl stay on the forum more then the 3-4 mins they spend a day..
    It's not that hard to handle a shout box with active mods and with clear rules... Cama or devile always declined it right a way without giving it a shot.

About the new mod / more power for senior mods, you think it doesn't make sense and refuse to change it, but don't you think that if many members want it then there is a good reason for it?
    You don't use the forum daily and you don't notice it but in many cases there are no mods who can handle stuff before they are going out of control (spams / flames / scams)

And you are saying you're checking PMs alot, then how come people have to wait over a month to have their "inactive" account permission back? And while we are at it, why do we even have this?

Banned Senior Member

any ways to long to read all of that but my opinion is we need a new admin or need to give souls the power to verify accounts/fix inactive accounts. that is the bare minimum this forum needs and if you want to really make the forum better i do think a shoutbox would be a cool idea if it was
    1.regulated( no marketing triple posting ect)
    2. post requirement for it( 50 posts )

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Shoutbox was suggested many times before but devile/cama kept declining it coz they said it will make people flame / use it as market place. I think that shout box is what that will make ppl stay on the forum more then the 3-4 mins they spend a day..
    It's not that hard to handle a shout box with active mods and with clear rules... Cama or devile always declined it right a way without giving it a shot.
    Shoutbox
    -It's true , it might bring flame wars and stuff like that, but that's why they need to have moderators.
    -I offered something even better in my opinion, cometchat or arrowchat.

Ah, now i must learn how to sort problems out haha.

Thanks guys for putting my name forward
    wargrim and FuriousKo like this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Ah, now i must learn how to sort problems out haha.

Thanks guys for putting my name forward
    slm my lŷttle frŷend

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

would prefer a shoutbox , might a minecraft section? not that populair but still more activity on the forums if ppl actually use it , Gta section , well can name alot where ppl can find each other and might take a look at other games at the only english forum ...

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

If there was some online messenger here something like skype => real time, private, chat system that allows 2 members to talk at website, that would bring alot of people to do their trades here, and discuss them via this website. I know what im saying, because often we search for way to communicate with people who dont use any messengers and it ends up spamming my inbox..

Also we need new suggestion thread where will will post all suggestions. I have plenty of them on my mind for long time already, but never found time to actually post them...

Also Gratz Souls and MrRapist on promotions. Lets see how you will fare. Peoples expectations are high so it seems.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast