Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

we need a new admin

This is a discussion on we need a new admin within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Originally Posted by twostars Obtaining & showing the characters stats ran them into trouble, and consequently the server was updated ...
Page: 4

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Obtaining & showing the characters stats ran them into trouble, and consequently the server was updated not to hand out info for all players in-game (only those near the requesting character), so it's not really a feasible idea.
    Not to mention that's how G4L started to begin with... First was the forum associated with the original ranking site, basically what kingofknight is/was, then that forum kept getting ddos'd and overall went to hell with having limited control due to it being one of those free forum sites, so Devile created this forum with a licensed forum for full control and the ability to manage the users and keep them in line. Then this and that happened, and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    Not to mention that's how G4L started to begin with... First was the forum associated with the original ranking site, basically what kingofknight is/was, then that forum kept getting ddos'd and overall went to hell with having limited control due to it being one of those free forum sites, so Devile created this forum with a licensed forum for full control and the ability to manage the users and keep them in line. Then this and that happened, and here we are.
    The difference is, KingOfKnight's data was pulled from in-game data. They abused the lack of checks on player requests, and requested any data from players they came across for all the data they had on them, to update their database.
    KingOfKnight had access to essentially everything other players could see and more (since players can't tell specifics about items like their +). Until they received legal complaints, and they added checks to prevent requests from being made unless the player was nearby...

Edit: But I get the point. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    You don't see any problem transforming a forum mostly dedicated to one game into a forum dedicated to another? Well I dunno, first problem I could imagine is the fact that people like different games and most ppl who browse these forums wouldn't agree on one game to play. Technically you're looking for a new forum dedicated to whatever game you're playing currently and you do not want to leave ko4life and join another one. Thus, you want to transform ko4life to another game's fan-based forum. Obviously I'm not actually taking this suggestion seriously at any level. I don't really see what's the point of this argument anyway. Just let the forums die. Is it that hard for people to accept that the games death will also lead to the death of fan pages?
    See, the issue here is that you still refer to this forum as "ko4life", the domain changed name a long time ago and the focus should have shifted along with the domain, and considering this website still has a very good and easy to remember domainname means that the transition to making it a more General gaming focused forum focusing on multiple titles wouldn't be too hard to achiev if someone is willing to put down some work.

Say what you want to, but this is the fact of the matter, a domain such as gamers4life attracts gamers of all kinds, but these are easily scared away because of the fact that the forum in general looks like fucking garbage and nothing interesting is posted in actually popular games.

Edit:
    I'd personally be willing to chip on donations if we get some webdeveloper to make an overhaul on the website to give it a nice and refreshing look, a portal (maybe where we can have some aspiring journalists make reviews, write basic guides for different games etc.)
    Darken and Goathorns like this.

Id like to put my self forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    See, the issue here is that you still refer to this forum as "ko4life", the domain changed name a long time ago and the focus should have shifted along with the domain, and considering this website still has a very good and easy to remember domainname means that the transition to making it a more General gaming focused forum focusing on multiple titles wouldn't be too hard to achiev if someone is willing to put down some work.

Say what you want to, but this is the fact of the matter, a domain such as gamers4life attracts gamers of all kinds, but these are easily scared away because of the fact that the forum in general looks like fucking garbage and nothing interesting is posted in actually popular games.

Edit:
    I'd personally be willing to chip on donations if we get some webdeveloper to make an overhaul on the website to give it a nice and refreshing look, a portal (maybe where we can have some aspiring journalists make reviews, write basic guides for different games etc.)
    The other forums on G4L aren't exactly active. Mainly because G4L was born from KO4Life. I suppose if you concentrated on those other parts of g4l and somehow made it more popular you'd have more activity?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    The other forums on G4L aren't exactly active. Mainly because G4L was born from KO4Life. I suppose if you concentrated on those other parts of g4l and somehow made it more popular you'd have more activity?
    Some promo wouldn't hurt either.... but even if you promote it, as you stated, it wouldn't work unless either some structure, or some direction is given to the whole thing.
    But yes, gamers belive it or not, often have friends, and if you have a good thing where people can get involved, then word of mouth goes a really long way too.

The thought that you could actually "out-source" parts of the codes to your own userbase should be enough to push forward... i mean if you bothered to gauge your userbase for their abilities, you will find computer geeks of all kinds, and even programmers...

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

goathorns for mod! know this guy since beginning of KO, gg from seraph. x)
    Goathorns likes this.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

maybe ban fcking grobar already?

jesus make kallop a mod or someone that actually watches the KO4life forums .

Hello , first, sorry for my English .I have some suggestions that can make this forum as it was before.

The keyword Knight online has 201000 global searches for month

And ko4life or gamers4life was ranked 12th in www.google.com with this keyword.

The keyword Knight online world has 14800 global searches and ko4life does not appear in the first 7 pages of google.

Is evident , this site need SEO ( Search engine optimization ) for up in google. If up ,more and more people coming.

another point that I think is important. Should be open to other languages, have sections of Spanish and Turkish, but English remains the global language, so would have more interaction and commerce. The English speaking population is too low in order to keep active forum.

Private servers have much more hierarchy now than years ago. We must find ways to make them more interaction to attract users who use them.

For starters, I think this would be fine.

( The option of unban people who was banned is dangerous , the activity up but have a lot risk , I don't sure if option can be good or not)
    zuka and Darken like this.

I actually find his suggestion quite relevant , though ,if we add more languages to gamers4life it'd loose its hype .

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

This forum doesn't have any hype. Has lost it long time ago. Time to wake up.
    Bathory likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234