Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

ANOTHER SUB-SECTION?!

This is a discussion on ANOTHER SUB-SECTION?! within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; for serious. ko4life has way too many sections. it would be different if these sections were active/useful, but... they aren't. ...
Page: 1

for serious. ko4life has way too many sections. it would be different if these sections were active/useful, but... they aren't.

useless sections
    1. daily news feed- who the hell uses ko4life as their news source? i think someone just found a news script, got too excited, and decided to add it. let's face reality. majority of ko4life is kids. kids that really couldn't give a flying fuck about the news. the few that actually might be eligible to use the section most likely get their news elsewhere. i, for one, use my homepage for news. as does most of society.

2. console gaming section- these forums have been open for over a year. their topic/post counts are miniscule and most of it useless. get rid of them. or merge them if you must. better yet, combine it into the other games - general gaming section.

3. enemy territory - eric plays it. gz.

4. final fantasy - isnt this a console game? why does it get its own section. if you insist that it is for xi online, take a look inside the section.

5. COD - felix got it. gz. i can't believe this forum has a subforum too

6. homework - u srs?

7. books - u srs?

8. anime - i thought this would be booming. but it isn't

9. knowledge base - in theory this was a good idea. but, it needs to be moderated in order for the idea to work. knowledge base and game questions/tips have become one in the same.

10. interserver - making this required as its own forum was a dumb idea. most people don't even pay attention to that forum unless they themselves are seeking a specific trade (thus losing 90% of market) let people make server -> server threads in their trading forums again

how to streamline???

I. ko4life
    <blockquote>1. announcements
    2. ko4life suggestions/bug reports/user input
    3. problem resolution center</blockquote>
    II. knight online
    <blockquote>1. general discussion/chat
    <blockquote>a. media</blockquote>
    2. game question/tips
    <blockquote>a. knowledge base</blockquote>
    3. in-game requests
    <blockquote>a. clans
    b. trade mediation requests</blockquote>
    4. shady shits
    <blockquote>a. cheaters
    b. account problems/hacked accounts
    c. hall of shame</blockquote></blockquote>
    III. servers
    each server has 2 forums: trade, chat. if chat forum seems too hard for u, make a sticky topic inside each trade forum where ppl can chat. server specific drama doesnt belong in general chat.

IV. non-ko
    <blockquote>1. off-topic
    <blockquote>a. signature
    b. non-ko media
    c. music
    d. movies/tv series</blockquote>
    2. other games
    <blockquote>a. general (inc. news, less popular games, etc.)- make sticky threads for specific game discussion (i.e. official counterstrike thread, official dota thread, etc.)... doesnt need its own forum
    b. console games (subforums unnecessary. doesnt garner enough traffic as it is)
    c. world of warcraft (only really active othergame forum tbh)</blockquote>
    3. tech support</blockquote>

that is all

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

i like it

SocialParasite Senior Member Kronos's Avatar

useless sections
    1. daily news feed- who the hell uses ko4life as their news source? i think someone just found a news script, got too excited, and decided to add it. let&#39;s face reality. majority of ko4life is kids. kids that really couldn&#39;t give a flying fuck about the news. the few that actually might be eligible to use the section most likely get their news elsewhere. i, for one, use my homepage for news. as does most of society.[/b]
    I believe ko4life admins get some cash for putting those things on forums and they use this money to pay for server etc.

3. tech support[/b]
    good point ,should be separated :ko tech suport(oh my god x trap problems etc) and non ko support(my pc is crashing bla bla blah)

TheBloodyBeast

SO TRUE TANK!

i laugh everytime i read one of tank&#39;s posts. you&#39;re genius. tank&#39;s the most deserving VIP member on ko4life imo.

Thanks for the suggestions, originally I was planning to do this but I had problems with making existing forums sub forums etc, but I&#39;ve figured it out and going to fix it up now.

For now I&#39;m done reordering everything, I dont really like to make popular forums into sub forums because then you have to basically click a category to even see the forum clearly and over all the time I&#39;ve used forums I never enjoyed that setup. That being said, unpopular forums as well as markets were put as sub forums to clear up alot of space.

I know ur still busy fixing things and shits

but cant you make in the "Other Games " category, general discussion also as a subforum. Otherwise you first have like 7 subforums and then the original forum. Looks abit messy if you ask me

my 2cents

An IRC Chatroom (on the forum itself) in the Market Place would be a cool idea that can be thrown around.

Not for each server, have it in the General Market Place forum.

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?showforum=111

Btw, the forum looks so weird now. :P

An IRC Chatroom (on the forum itself) in the Market Place would be a cool idea that can be thrown around.

Not for each server, have it in the General Market Place forum.

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?showforum=111

Btw, the forum looks so weird now. :P[/b]
    no one that knows how to install an irc chatroom for the forum is around to do it.

Done reordering from now unless someone suggests something else.

no one that knows how to install an irc chatroom for the forum is around to do it.

Done reordering from now unless someone suggests something else.[/b]
    Ah, none of the mods or admins know how to do it eh? :/

Ah, none of the mods or admins know how to do it eh? :/[/b]
    devile is MIA, lutz is gone and as far as I know no one else knows how to do it or cares to find out. :|

devile is MIA, lutz is gone and as far as I know no one else knows how to do it or cares to find out. :|[/b]
    Ahh, it sounds like a good idea though right? :P

tank really is a genius

tank you&#39;re really a villain!

Banned Senior Member

Ah, none of the mods or admins know how to do it eh? :/[/b]
    I dont have FTP access to edit the forum files

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast