bored, forgive me... you'll only ever see me around on the slow night shifts...
1. screw being professional, everyone is just a player and or past player, we're all sharing one common interest here. there obviously needs to be forum "policing", but it's precense doesn't always need to be known.
2. scamming thing, devile, festo seem to pretty computer savvy, dreaming here, but script up a similar bidding system that Tioc? tried to set up at one point in time, enable a feedback system, and monitor that like a biatch, accounts must be 2+ months old, need a voucher with an established account 1+ year to be eligible to participate, log that, call it the new market section, user selects item to sell based on kalibs? database, sets up what they want in return (disclaim: usd sales are not supported thru ko4life, use at own risk), buyers will see all statistics including feedback, item picture for sale/trade/wanted, link to database describing items and stats, and what is required to buy/bid. anyone caught abusing the system is permanently banned, suspend vouchers account for 1 month period to investigate. if more than 2 people are caught abusing the system, suspend vouchers account for 6 month. far fetched ?
3. this site no doubt generates alot of traffic, if alot of the immature, just general garbage was removed with a similar quiet ban, i think you would see alot more of the older crowd actually willing to participate in chatting up other gamers. screw having to justify yourselves, you can't please everyone. anyone spamming for the reason why, should be muted. call it a democracy with socialist aspects as oxymoron as that may sound.
4. unban the turks, and take care of the children who obviously are here for the "fack your mother comments" also take care of the douche bags who might ignitiate the bullshit with "turk comments". they dominate the numbers in this game, and some of them are good people. there's got to be another way around the DDOS thing. Or just have the option of throwing up the wall whenever such attacks occur.
5. all political chat should be shot down, without exception. everyone's got their own view point. religion aswell. it's way to controversial. this is a gaming forum. set up your rules, enforce them without trying to portray some sort of hierarchy.
6. ok here goes....... set up a king system per server, nothing crazy crazy, have the market moderator, establish it, just by checking with NPC who eligible candidates are. Anonymous voting, get creative. Make this section seperate from others. Allow posts for campaign style posts. Let people express themselves maturely, if they can't do that, spice it up a knotch and make them disappear for awhile.
i've got a lot of ideas, but i'll stop there. let those soak in. i like em
oh wanted to add, once you have a nice server/comp setup and running it, along with the scripting is near bug free. select a fine bunch of dedicated mods, and begin splitting donations equally. make it almost business like. cause no one wants to think their cash is going to some slack ass, who takes care of his section once a week.[/b]