Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

What do u hate from ko4life?

This is a discussion on What do u hate from ko4life? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; What do u think about this: its a vB mod that keeps track of trades feedback. Has a ton of ...
Page: 5

DarK

What do u think about this:

its a vB mod that keeps track of trades feedback. Has a ton of settings we can change so it gives a lot of useful info. We can restrict the amount of rating per day a single user can give for example. If someone tries to fake its reputation, u can easily see who is giving him ratings and if u see the same users over and over each day, then obviously something is going on. Or even if u see ratings too frequent from ppl u never heard of, then u can report the guy and we can look in the case. No way someone does that many trades a day without being well known by the server community. This combined with mods that actually know their server paired with proper tools to check users, could make a huge difference in trading.[/b]
    I like the idea, but not the skin you could change it right?

Most people, like Curly said, take responsibility of getting scammed.

I have a few suggestion:

- Close KO4LIFE registration, and open it twice a month. Upon registration, clearly state the server they are playing, currently level, and references. Admins can then approve their registration and check their IP etc etc.

or

Keep KO4life free for everything, but upon new registration, make them clearly state if they will do USD transactions through the forum.
    If they clicked no, then give them a Group call: None USD-transactions group. If they clicked yes, then check their reference, and force them to get vouches under player trustability section, before letting them view the market section.

Other than that, I dunno what else you guys can do.

Usually desperate players get scammed tbh.

ps: I like the ebay-like forum set up for players =)

iiason

scammers.

DarK

scammers.[/b]
    well gg spam

I like puppet yuber's post =)

iiason

i like yuber's idea

Most people, like Curly said, take responsibility of getting scammed.

I have a few suggestion:

- Close KO4LIFE registration, and open it twice a month. Upon registration, clearly state the server they are playing, currently level, and references. Admins can then approve their registration and check their IP etc etc.

or

Keep KO4life free for everything, but upon new registration, make them clearly state if they will do USD transactions through the forum.
    If they clicked no, then give them a Group call: None USD-transactions group. If they clicked yes, then check their reference, and force them to get vouches under player trustability section, before letting them view the market section.

Other than that, I dunno what else you guys can do.

Usually desperate players get scammed tbh.

ps: I like the ebay-like forum set up for players =)[/b]
    Maybe it would be better if you needed to make a request manually ( after u register ) to ask for USD trade rights and the answer / verification / checkout would be done case by case ( maybe even with some other limitations like.. you would actually need to be wanting to make some trade and you would make a request with that info.. this does cause some delay.. but would reduce the amount of work done.. ( many ppl would just ask for it even they didn't need / use it ) This would add an other rule too to tell in the topic if trade can be delayed or done with a 1st time trader. Hard to get 1st trade done ? Sorry to tell you but life is hard

Would be good to disable the ability to do any trades if the user is on warning level. This is due to the fact that if a person behaves like an idiot in any way ( on this forum ) it might also lead into acting very stupidly in a trade ( remember that it is the immature ppl that tend to scam more than the mature ones ( Specially "suddenly" without any warning/reason)) . Again this will cause HUGE whine but do i care ? No.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

vBulletin PWNS

Cadence96

What if mods create a Forum Section like "Hall of Shame", where only mods create topics named with the name of the user who broke a rule. In that topic will be listed user warns, the why of each, and the link to the post (only mods can reply). The date of warns should also be considered and good comments made when someone improved his behavior.
    Won't be considered new accounts that posts pay/koxp sites bcz those should be banned in one hit.

Knowing people's faults can help to determine if that person is mature enough to be legal in trades. And other users would learn which behaviours shouldn't be taken.

That would take alot of time for mods :|

Banned Senior Member

What if mods create a Forum Section like "Hall of Shame", where only mods create topics named with the name of the user who broke a rule. In that topic will be listed user warns, the why of each, and the link to the post (only mods can reply). The date of warns should also be considered and good comments made when someone improved his behavior.
    Won't be considered new accounts that posts pay/koxp sites bcz those should be banned in one hit.

Knowing people's faults can help to determine if that person is mature enough to be legal in trades. And other users would learn which behaviours shouldn't be taken.[/b]
    well, I started doing what someone mentioned earlier. If I have to warn a user, I now put a link to the thread as well as why they were warned in the warnbox so they can see for themselves. Was just a habit doing the usualy warn because for the longest time users couldn't see their warns, only staff could

vBulletin PWNS[/b]
    U can all thank Derden for that. He donated a vB license

We love u derden!

much appreciated derden.

vbulletin <3

DarkForceTM

scammers!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast