Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Why is admitting to koxping ban worthy?

This is a discussion on Why is admitting to koxping ban worthy? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Serious question, I'd like to hear from staff about this. Permanent bans seem unfair. I'd like to point out that ...
Page: 1

Default Why is admitting to koxping ban worthy?

Serious question, I'd like to hear from staff about this.

Permanent bans seem unfair.

I'd like to point out that in the past, there was no genie. But now, there is technically a 'koxp' endorsed by the game.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Then use in game genie, KOXP always has and always will be a cheating program. We don't support cheating.

There's nothing you can say that justifies using an illegal program, point blank.

I never had to in my time playing, nor would I if I played today.

There is a difference between supporting cheating, and tolerating. If users are using it solely for exping, and not the disruption of other users' gameplay I don't see the problem. If one thing has the same effect as another, but comes from a different source - why is that punishable? Also, there is a big difference between something being illegal and something breaching a games ToS. To my knowledge, using koxp is not illegal, it is just breaking the game's ToS. However, we already allow USD trades which is also a breach of ToS so why are we making exceptions?

Hey, I'm pretty sure we're fine with people who pirate copyrighted files on here, so why don't we allow murderers, rapists, etc. aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    Hey, I'm pretty sure we're fine with people who pirate copyrighted files on here, so why don't we allow murderers, rapists, etc. aswell?
    That would be illegal and obviously not allowed on this forum.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

anyway i was today in krowa ares serwer and i saw 3 or 4 pt koxpers and they dont use this shit genie but somthink else wh y respect this shit i dont see any gm online like 6 year before

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    That would be illegal and obviously not allowed on this forum.
    So is filesharing, right?

Your logic is lacking, like really badly. Just because this forum's fine with one ToS being broken, doesn't mean we should be fine with every ToS being broken, what should we allow next? Scamming?

Is the first part of this statement sarcastic? Or are we really fine with people sharing pirated copyrighted files here?
    So is filesharing, right?

Your logic is lacking, like really badly. Just because this forum's fine with one ToS being broken, doesn't mean we should be fine with every ToS being broken, what should we allow next? Scamming?
    Allowing one ToS to be broken means you blatantly don't care for it. To say that breaking any other ToS is downright unacceptable is just being hypocritical.
    Also, how does scamming come into play here? You're saying "since a=b then c MUST equal d" - which is nonsense.

Is the first part of this statement sarcastic? Or are we really fine with people sharing pirated copyrighted files here?

Allowing one ToS to be broken means you blatantly don't care for it. To say that breaking any other ToS is downright unacceptable is just being hypocritical.
    Also, how does scamming come into play here? You're saying "since a=b then c MUST equal d" - which is nonsense.
    To me it seems as you're one of these KOXPers, and are now looking to make it a non-banable offense before it catches up with you.

To me it seems as you're one of these KOXPers, and are now looking to make it a non-banable offense before it catches up with you.
    So you have no other response than to try to attack me personally? Disregarding the blatant ad hominem, I haven't played KO in over a year. I have no need to koxp.

I'm looking at the larger picture - this forum is dying just as KO is dying, and unnecessary bans are just making this reality happen faster.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

In first place, I'm against cheating as it screws up the game more than anything.

On another hand though
    this- >
    unnecessary bans are just making this reality happen faster.
    is also true, and therefore I'm against unnecessary bans too. Specially of old members who had guts to admit they koxped. If we make it rule to bann everyone who koxp then simply no one will admit it, even though there might be some not small percentage of this forum who does it.

So maybe unbann them, and give them warning, and another chance simply saying you have been warned do it again and you will go.

Thats my 2c, on subject.

Little archer Senior Member

Let's also keep scammers in here while we're at it.

Lol, please stop. 2 banned people because of "koxping" doesn't really make a difference compared to the amount of scammers banned over the last few months so all this "forum dying" argument is bad and you should feel bad for bringing it up.
    MrRapist likes this.

Stop throwing irrational logic at me.

In what world does koxping = scamming.
    Please note I am talking ONLY about a program used to help XP. I did not make this thread for the two recently banned users and I have no idea under what circumstances they koxped. If they hacked to gain unfair advantage in PvP or boss raids, yea a ban is just. But when a company provides its own leveling tools, and has given FREE level boosts in the past up to level 77​ how can using a leveling tool be a crime?
    Last edited by thing; 12-02-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Little archer Senior Member

I'm looking at the larger picture - this forum is dying just as KO is dying, and unnecessary bans are just making this reality happen faster.
    It's just that I thought for a moment that your purpose behind making this thread was this ^

Got to remain consistent tbh. If you really posted this because you believe it's unfair due to the fact that they're not using it for anything other than EXP and genie exists (and not because of what I quoted above) then that's your own opinion and has already been discussed to death in this thread: Times have changed? Now is cool use HF ?

Read my posts there or ResserGD's to know my true stance on this silly subject.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast