Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Why is admitting to koxping ban worthy?

This is a discussion on Why is admitting to koxping ban worthy? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Originally Posted by thing Eventually, maybe (though I'm sure the admins don't care much for democracy). I'd first rather thoroughly ...
Page: 3

PNW 360 Hardcore, WA Senior Member Austin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    Eventually, maybe (though I'm sure the admins don't care much for democracy). I'd first rather thoroughly discuss the issue and see why exactly anyone would vote differently.
    oh I'm sure they don't even though previous admins have koxped before.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    That opinion can be misread to argue for both sides of the argument.
    In the case that you're still arguing against me, you have still yet to give a good reason.
    I could say the same for you

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Even if you are on the other side of the argument I'm still amused with your statements, always keeps conversations interesting haha.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

My 2 cents on a few points raised in tihs topic.

1) Just because one rule is broken doesn't mean that all other rules should also not be followed, or that just because 1 person breaks one rule they can't say that breaking another rule is bad. As I wrote in the other thread (though I'll give a better example), I break the speed limit (drive 40 in a 30 maybe), but would never condone stealing, even a 1 penny sweet. Both are illegal, but I am happy to do one and not happy to do the other. Just because I break one rule doesn't mean I can't say that others should be folloewd.

2) People using KOXP does have a detriment on the gameplay of other players. Some of us who want to play the game the true way see people koxp to level 83. I would lose the will to keep playing properly and would either quit/use koxp myself. Then what happens when you see people use koxp in CZ. Do you think quit because of it, or start using koxp yourself? One thing leads to the next (not necessarily, but often).

3) Why is it OK to use KOXP in exp but not PK? You talk about people being hypocritical saying they don't like KOXP but are willing to trade for USD... Well then your opinion on koxp in PK/EXP is the apitomy of hypocricy then.

4) There is a significant difference between obtaining stuff legally and illegally. You exp to 80 using KOXP, or you exp to 80 using genie. End result you reach 80, so why does it matter how? Well, I can steal a Ferrari, or I can buy one for £200,000. At the end i'll have a Ferrari, so it doesn't matter if I should steal right?

Although I fundamentally disagree on your view of KOXP, I agree that a permanent ban is probably excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post

1) Just because one rule is broken doesn't mean that all other rules should also not be followed, or that just because 1 person breaks one rule they can't say that breaking another rule is bad. As I wrote in the other thread (though I'll give a better example), I break the speed limit (drive 40 in a 30 maybe), but would never condone stealing, even a 1 penny sweet. Both are illegal, but I am happy to do one and not happy to do the other. Just because I break one rule doesn't mean I can't say that others should be folloewd.

2) People using KOXP does have a detriment on the gameplay of other players. Some of us who want to play the game the true way see people koxp to level 83. I would lose the will to keep playing properly and would either quit/use koxp myself. Then what happens when you see people use koxp in CZ. Do you think quit because of it, or start using koxp yourself? One thing leads to the next (not necessarily, but often).

3) Why is it OK to use KOXP in exp but not PK? You talk about people being hypocritical saying they don't like KOXP but are willing to trade for USD... Well then your opinion on koxp in PK/EXP is the apitomy of hypocricy then.

4) There is a significant difference between obtaining stuff legally and illegally. You exp to 80 using KOXP, or you exp to 80 using genie. End result you reach 80, so why does it matter how? Well, I can steal a Ferrari, or I can buy one for £200,000. At the end i'll have a Ferrari, so it doesn't matter if I should steal right?

Although I fundamentally disagree on your view of KOXP, I agree that a permanent ban is probably excessive.
    No offense to your thoughts and they are very well put thoughts that I agree with however the sole purpose of this thread is actually in the titleWhy is admitting to koxping ban worthy?

and the only things that I gathered in everything you said that even relates to this thread was the very last thing you wrote
    "Although I fundamentally disagree on your view of KOXP, I agree that a permanent ban is probably excessive."

koxping should not be broadcast on this forum nor should it be encouraged but is the knowledge or the proof that someone is koxping in exp worth a perm ban from this forum.
    For example, ifilth was banned based off a fraps that was provided showing him koxping in eslant. The other two bans given were funkz for supposedly being a clan leader of the person/persons koxping (which he isn't) and wasn't even in said fraps and the other is beastinbed for saying "
    Yah koxp clan ftw we love to koxp :d" which is obviously a joking statement brought on by blanquita's fraps of Animosity clan members on titan. There might be others but I'm not all knowing. None of the banned were promoting or leaking information on how to koxp on these forums and I will remind you that the fraps was in exp not any pvp zones and were not using koxp to kill bosses.

Is it wrong according to the game? Yes. Is it against tos? Yes. Does it deserve a perm ban from gamers4life to be caught koxping for exp and not pvp or bosses? That is what this thread is about.

Again I will add I agree with all of your points.

Well then you'd be blind.

I'll simplify the posts above me.
    Permanent bans for 'admitting to koxp' are drastic and unnecessary. Why? are a detriment to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post

2) People using USD does have a detriment on the gameplay of other players. Some of us who want to play the game the true way see people buy level 83. I would lose the will to keep playing properly and would either quit/use usd myself. Then what happens when you see people use usd in CZ. Do you think quit because of it, or start using usd yourself? One thing leads to the next (not necessarily, but often).
    Hm....

PvP is the essence of KO. Let's classify the game into PvP and PvE.
    Looking at your first point, I could say that I'm fine with breaking the rule in PvE, but I'd never break the rule in PvP. Both are against ToS but I'd be fine with one but definitely not the other.

~~ You make great points. I don't entirely disagree, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Afaik it has always been like that. Self admitted koxpers have always been permanently banned, just like scammers and other people committing a similar offense (because to me it is a similar offense).

Now you question why? Maybe it's a little drastic in nowadays dying KO community but nothing can be done. IMO people should remain banned, and from then maybe redefine the rules to clearly state what's bannable and what's not.

This whole conflict even exists because people like me (even tho I'm more in the neutral side) don't find it okay how suddenly something that has always been punished now has a lot of people backing it up. Here I am wondering when did all of that change, because I don't recall even a transition process between not allowing any cheats and then being 100% alright with it. That's what concerns me mostly, disregarding all of the silly talk about hypocrisy and the imaginary lines between legal and illegal acts in a fanmade forum. Still, I voiced my opinion even in those arguments filled with assumptions, weird examples and loads of derailing from the main subject.

Needs a final statement from an admin to move on at last.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    No offense to your thoughts and they are very well put thoughts that I agree with however the sole purpose of this thread is actually in the titleWhy is admitting to koxping ban worthy?

and the only things that I gathered in everything you said that even relates to this thread was the very last thing you wrote
    "Although I fundamentally disagree on your view of KOXP, I agree that a permanent ban is probably excessive."

koxping should not be broadcast on this forum nor should it be encouraged but is the knowledge or the proof that someone is koxping in exp worth a perm ban from this forum.
    For example, ifilth was banned based off a fraps that was provided showing him koxping in eslant. The other two bans given were funkz for supposedly being a clan leader of the person/persons koxping (which he isn't) and wasn't even in said fraps and the other is beastinbed for saying "
    Yah koxp clan ftw we love to koxp :d" which is obviously a joking statement brought on by blanquita's fraps of Animosity clan members on titan. There might be others but I'm not all knowing. None of the banned were promoting or leaking information on how to koxp on these forums and I will remind you that the fraps was in exp not any pvp zones and were not using koxp to kill bosses.

Is it wrong according to the game? Yes. Is it against tos? Yes. Does it deserve a perm ban from gamers4life to be caught koxping for exp and not pvp or bosses? That is what this thread is about.

Again I will add I agree with all of your points.
    I know there is a general hate towards Animosity on this forum (for whatever reason), but I have played with funkz and the clan that dislike Animosity so my opinions are in no way biased. I think you're right in saying it isn't worth a permanent ban, but ultimately that decision is up to the moderators, who are people too and have their opinions and unfortunately their opinion supersedes ours. Sure we can debate it like this, no harm in that, free speech etc etc, but what they say goes in the end.

I think the key as you said is the difference between "I have done KOXP" and "I think people should use KOXP to exp." One is admitting, one is promoting. I don't know what these guys did so I can't pass judgement on whether they should or shouldn't be banned but promoting could be worth a permanent ban, admitting to doing it shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    Hey, I'm pretty sure we're fine with people who pirate copyrighted files on here, so why don't we allow murderers, rapists, etc. aswell?

...and the slippery slope has slipped :P

OP, consider things like drugs or weapons IRL. Do you think that sale/distribution/possession of just any kind should be allowed to randoms, when there are things like licenses and other laws/regulations that need to be obeyed in the first place? It would be like saying, "hey, that AK-47 reminds me of a hunting shotgun, why don't I get to use it too since they're both guns?". Clearly the two things are not the same, even though they do the same thing (fire bullets).

Afaik it has always been like that. Self admitted koxpers have always been permanently banned, just like scammers and other people committing a similar offense (because to me it is a similar offense).

Now you question why? Maybe it's a little drastic in nowadays dying KO community but nothing can be done. IMO people should remain banned, and from then maybe redefine the rules to clearly state what's bannable and what's not.

This whole conflict even exists because people like me (even tho I'm more in the neutral side) don't find it okay how suddenly something that has always been punished now has a lot of people backing it up. Here I am wondering when did all of that change, because I don't recall even a transition process between not allowing any cheats and then being 100% alright with it. That's what concerns me mostly, disregarding all of the silly talk about hypocrisy and the imaginary lines between legal and illegal acts in a fanmade forum. Still, I voiced my opinion even in those arguments filled with assumptions, weird examples and loads of derailing from the main subject.

Needs a final statement from an admin to move on at last.
    Just like posting a private server link used to get you banned from the forum. Times change.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Just like posting a private server link used to get you banned from the forum. Times change.
    Private Server Area

Still waiting for an announcement that makes koxping legal for exping purposes.

Private Server Area

This topic is about arguing for that to be the case. You're argument is just that it's always been merited a ban, so it should stay that way. Before they allowed private servers, you would get permanent ban for talking about them too.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Private Server Area

And how do you suggest you prove someone is only using it for exping purposes? Oh wait......... you can't... If you want to macro for exping purposes, use Genie.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    And how do you suggest you prove someone is only using it for exping purposes? Oh wait......... you can't... If you want to macro for exping purposes, use Genie.
    Note the use of italic, I'm not supporting the legalization.

Note the use of italic, I'm not supporting the legalization.
    Since when italic stands for sarcasm?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast