Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 160
Like Tree3Likes

Why is admitting to koxping ban worthy?

This is a discussion on Why is admitting to koxping ban worthy? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Honestly I was supportive of the mods and thought they have their reasons and that's that and we should respect ...
Page: 10


  1. #136
    SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Honestly I was supportive of the mods and thought they have their reasons and that's that and we should respect their opinions. I was unbiased in this thread and could see both sides of the arguments. But seriously? Some of the replies by some of the mods (namely PendexO and Sancte) have been ridiculous to say the least and disappointing. I can understand why people are annoyed now.

  2. #137
    Senior Member kaldra9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in front of the pc :D
    Posts
    405

    Default

    hmm this gets even better mojmir and sancte banned for scamming ...

  3. #138
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Honestly I was supportive of the mods and thought they have their reasons and that's that and we should respect their opinions. I was unbiased in this thread and could see both sides of the arguments. But seriously? Some of the replies by some of the mods (namely PendexO and Sancte) have been ridiculous to say the least and disappointing. I can understand why people are annoyed now.
    How come u were being supportive if you actually was trying to "teach" out how to mod with your lack of neutralism ? and what's wrong with my replies , im just answering those that has a big mouth and cutting the crap from its root before it keeps growing, BUT OH WAIT you were mod before that gives you the right to make an opinion biased on what is RIGHT for you?, i was like " okay let the users answer eachother " but this comment that you just brought up shows that somehow you have some problems with the current modding,and if you do , atleast point it out cus all you're doing is spit instead of help.
    Last edited by LambOfGod; 12-10-2012 at 12:17 AM.

  4. #139
    Just do it Senior Member thing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Floridaaaaa
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Hey now, we don't need MODS flaming / derailing on this topic.
    Last edited by thing; 12-10-2012 at 01:33 AM.

  5. #140
    SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    How come u were being supportive if you actually was trying to "teach" out how to mod with your lack of neutralism ? and what's wrong with my replies , im just answering those that has a big mouth and cutting the crap from its root before it keeps growing, BUT OH WAIT you were mod before that gives you the right to make an opinion biased on what is RIGHT for you?, i was like " okay let the users answer eachother " but this comment that you just brought up shows that somehow you have some problems with the current modding,and if you do , atleast point it out cus all you're doing is spit instead of help.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say? If you read the thread and read my previous replies you'll see what I feel about this; heck, there is even an entire thread on the general chat which takes the whole issue further to compare USD trading with KOXP. But to summarise for you, I said that I can understand why a moderator would ban these guys permanently, but I can also understand why it could be seen as a harsh punishment. I said that it is the opinion of the current mod's that counts. So actually, I was on your side if anything. But some of your replies (but moreso the replies of Sancte) just gave the opinion that just because you're a mod you can talk down to people and you incited flaming with your replies. In hindsight, this was mainly Sancte and not you, but I still felt you could have dealt with it better.

    And what's this bullshit about me thinking im right just because I was a moderator? When I was a moderator this forum was completely different never have I said that because I used to mod I know everything. Times have changed, you know more then me now, you're in the position of power. But just because you're a mod doesn't mean that you know more then everyone else and it doesn't make you better either. Also mods are entitled to their own opinion; just because one mod makes a ban you don't necessarily have to agree with it.

    To be clear, the only problem I have right now is that in some instances (involving Sancte and NOT you), is that some people got preference because they were friends with moderators which isn't fair. Obviously Sancte was an idiot and thats why he did it. I think all people really want from moderators is consistency.

    EDIT: Just like to add I don't give an opinion because I used to be a mod, I give an opinion because i'm entitled to an opinion and I like weighing in on debates because I like debating lol.

    That, and as I said before I'm currently injured and have nothing better to do with my days =P.

  6. #141
    SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    Hey now, we don't need MODS flaming / derailing on this topic.

    In all honesty mate, this thread has run it's course; the mods have made up their mind (right or wrong, doesn't matter - it's their choice), and I don't think anything will change. Personally if someone admits to or uses KOXP, they put themselves in a position to be banned. If they didn't do it in the first place they wouldn't have got banned, simple as that. He did something that is particularly frowned upon on this forum and so I don't think he should have expected anything less than a ban. Whether he himself used KOXP or not in my opinion is irrelevant; if he had people in his clan using KOXP and he didn't kick them, that is allowing and condoning the use of it which again is frowned upon. Whether that is legal or illegal per the forum rules I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it is and rightly so.

  7. #142
    PNW 360 Hardcore, WA Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Infidel, OSKO
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    In all honesty mate, this thread has run it's course; the mods have made up their mind (right or wrong, doesn't matter - it's their choice), and I don't think anything will change. Personally if someone admits to or uses KOXP, they put themselves in a position to be banned. If they didn't do it in the first place they wouldn't have got banned, simple as that. He did something that is particularly frowned upon on this forum and so I don't think he should have expected anything less than a ban. Whether he himself used KOXP or not in my opinion is irrelevant; if he had people in his clan using KOXP and he didn't kick them, that is allowing and condoning the use of it which again is frowned upon. Whether that is legal or illegal per the forum rules I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it is and rightly so.

    That is the stupidest thing I have ever read from what you have said and most of what you say I agree with to an extent. I only say this because of the fact that he wasn't clan leader. However the fact that blanquita had koxpers in his clan yet he wasn't banned just adds to the stupidity of what you just wrote. Maybe you should check your facts before you starting throwing out ideas?

  8. #143
    SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I have ever read from what you have said and most of what you say I agree with to an extent. I only say this because of the fact that he wasn't clan leader. However the fact that blanquita had koxpers in his clan yet he wasn't banned just adds to the stupidity of what you just wrote. Maybe you should check your facts before you starting throwing out ideas?
    And when did I say that blanquita shouldn't be banned? He should be banned too then. And funkz may not have had the green bar under his name but that doesn't mean everything. You assume that I don't know who funkz is, whereas actually I've played with him before and spoken to him in EUKO too. Anyone who knows anything about Animosity and Funkz knows that he is part of the leadership team. Look at the clan section, he started the recruiting thread for Animosity for god sakes.

    The irony is you're moaning at me about one player getting banned and one not getting banned, yet right above (literally the post above), all I said is what we want from forum mods in consistency. So why are you saying something to me as if I'm favouring one guy who did the same thing?!

  9. #144
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I have ever read from what you have said and most of what you say I agree with to an extent. I only say this because of the fact that he wasn't clan leader. However the fact that blanquita had koxpers in his clan yet he wasn't banned just adds to the stupidity of what you just wrote. Maybe you should check your facts before you starting throwing out ideas?
    Lol calm down, it's not stupid at all.

    The point of this thread was to discuss if admitting to cheat was ban worthy, not whether blanquita deserves to be banned or not.

    That feel when you think you agreed with a post... and then you see the guy below calling it the stupidest thing ever? I felt kinda offended lol.

  10. #145
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    My opinion on the subject is that eventhough KOXP has ruined this game, and I will never use it even if it's legalized, I don't believe using it should be a bannable offence on this forum because it's so common that basically 80% or more of this forum have used it at some point.
    However, promoting it and posting links on where to find it should be bannable.

  11. #146
    Senior Member kaldra9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in front of the pc :D
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    My opinion on the subject is that eventhough KOXP has ruined this game, and I will never use it even if it's legalized, I don't believe using it should be a bannable offence on this forum because it's so common that basically 80% or more of this forum have used it at some point.
    However, promoting it and posting links on where to find it should be bannable.
    i agree, and i just want to add getting banned by a moderator that turns out to be a scammer is just ridiculous.
    ResserGD likes this.

  12. #147
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldra9 View Post
    i agree, and i just want to add getting banned by a moderator that turns out to be a scammer is just ridiculous.
    Saying that to me is kinda... redundant :P

  13. #148
    u jelly aviv Senior Member Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    And when did I say that blanquita shouldn't be banned? He should be banned too then. And funkz may not have had the green bar under his name but that doesn't mean everything. You assume that I don't know who funkz is, whereas actually I've played with him before and spoken to him in EUKO too. Anyone who knows anything about Animosity and Funkz knows that he is part of the leadership team. Look at the clan section, he started the recruiting thread for Animosity for god sakes.

    The irony is you're moaning at me about one player getting banned and one not getting banned, yet right above (literally the post above), all I said is what we want from forum mods in consistency. So why are you saying something to me as if I'm favouring one guy who did the same thing?!
    Firstly, Funkz is not the leader and there is no "leadership team" that occurred in this clan in this server. The clan was literally made by blackii because no one could be bothered to make one and we needed somewhere to talk. The in-game leadership of it was passed around various times to whoever wanted a green line at that time( to me as well, so ban me if not kicking my friends from their clan is against the rules, btw ) and the only reason funkz made a topic is because no one could be bothered too.

    Secondly, it's ridiculous to say that a leader not kicking members from their clan is some sort of pro-koxp support and is worth a ban here. How pathetic does this forum want to get to try and wheedle it's way into what a clan has it's policy at or what someone does in-game? What's next, am I going to get banned for admitting to looting shit in ED? Banned because I lured on someone? If someone out right admits to koxping, sure, I can get behind banning them, but trying to justify a ban because of someone's clan policy, or the fact he doesn't kick a friend from a clan made to purely play with said friends - who they have been playing with for years - for cheating is beyond ridiculous.

    I'm just surprised this ban still hasn't been overturned. Not only is it a shameful and wrongful ban, but it was done by a scamming piece of shit who had the nerve to call some people in koxping in exp scum. Little cunt.

  14. #149
    SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Firstly, Funkz is not the leader and there is no "leadership team" that occurred in this clan in this server. The clan was literally made by blackii because no one could be bothered to make one and we needed somewhere to talk. The in-game leadership of it was passed around various times to whoever wanted a green line at that time( to me as well, so ban me if not kicking my friends from their clan is against the rules, btw ) and the only reason funkz made a topic is because no one could be bothered too.

    Secondly, it's ridiculous to say that a leader not kicking members from their clan is some sort of pro-koxp support and is worth a ban here. How pathetic does this forum want to get to try and wheedle it's way into what a clan has it's policy at or what someone does in-game? What's next, am I going to get banned for admitting to looting shit in ED? Banned because I lured on someone? If someone out right admits to koxping, sure, I can get behind banning them, but trying to justify a ban because of someone's clan policy, or the fact he doesn't kick a friend from a clan made to purely play with said friends - who they have been playing with for years - for cheating is beyond ridiculous.

    I'm just surprised this ban still hasn't been overturned. Not only is it a shameful and wrongful ban, but it was done by a scamming piece of shit who had the nerve to call some people in koxping in exp scum. Little cunt.
    Read what I wrote mate; never said I explicitly thought it wasn't or was a ban. I'm just saying, he put himself in that position. And by not kicking people using KOXP from your clan, you are effectively supporting KOXP; Ignorance and doing nothing is not an excuse dude, if you can't see that then I don't really know what else to say. Like I said, whether it's a ban or not isn't up to me. Just saying he put himself in that position.

    PS: I assume you're not referring to me as the little cunt =P.

    PPS: I said having the green line means nothing, so you're comment about you having it is stupid too. And finally, may not be a leadership structure as such but lets be honest certain people rank higher in the clan and that creates a figurative structure, if not written in stone.

  15. #150
    u jelly aviv Senior Member Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Read what I wrote mate; never said I explicitly thought it wasn't or was a ban. I'm just saying, he put himself in that position. And by not kicking people using KOXP from your clan, you are effectively supporting KOXP; Ignorance and doing nothing is not an excuse dude, if you can't see that then I don't really know what else to say. Like I said, whether it's a ban or not isn't up to me. Just saying he put himself in that position.

    PS: I assume you're not referring to me as the little cunt =P.

    PPS: I said having the green line means nothing, so you're comment about you having it is stupid too. And finally, may not be a leadership structure as such but lets be honest certain people rank higher in the clan and that creates a figurative structure, if not written in stone.
    It was more me branching off what you said and applying it to the forum. Seeing as the only reason he could still be banned is for that or something close to that, which is what my post was about. And no, you're not supporting koxp and there is no ignorance here by not kicking friends out of clan for koxping. It's more "putting up with it", seeing as you can easily know if they're just using it in just exp and I doubt you, or anyone, would lose a friend over something as trivial as them koxping in exp instead of genieing.

    Of course.

    Again there was no leadership structure. Sure, there were members who "ranked higher" but really that was most of the clan apart from the randoms added in-game. I did my fair shair of recruiting and other clan activities deemed "higher ranked". So my statement still stands.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I know why theeres so many koxp now
    By pizzaman in forum Ares
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 10:31 AM
  2. Fiks007 -- Admits using KOXP ... currently @ d1 trons linate
    By PeekaBooIseeU in forum Trading disputes & reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 08:51 PM
  3. why isnt peroxide aka charlie banned yet
    By bigjuicyboobies in forum Feedback
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 01:57 AM
  4. WTF ?!?!? VanDeam BANNED ?!?? why..... :(((((
    By seller in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 05:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •