Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Like Tree3Likes

Why is admitting to koxping ban worthy?

This is a discussion on Why is admitting to koxping ban worthy? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Originally Posted by Josh It was more me branching off what you said and applying it to the forum. Seeing ...
Page: 11

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It was more me branching off what you said and applying it to the forum. Seeing as the only reason he could still be banned is for that or something close to that, which is what my post was about. And no, you're not supporting koxp and there is no ignorance here by not kicking friends out of clan for koxping. It's more "putting up with it", seeing as you can easily know if they're just using it in just exp and I doubt you, or anyone, would lose a friend over something as trivial as them koxping in exp instead of genieing.

Of course.

Again there was no leadership structure. Sure, there were members who "ranked higher" but really that was most of the clan apart from the randoms added in-game. I did my fair shair of recruiting and other clan activities deemed "higher ranked". So my statement still stands.
    Guess it's a matter of opinion mate; the truth is I probably would seriously consider kicking a friend if they were using KOXP, just as I would if they had scammed someone, or something like that. I personally consider using KOXP more than something trivial. Of course if you're of the opinion that KOXP means nothing, of course you won't kick them and of course you'll campaign to keep them on the forum too. It's basically as I said before, I understand what you're saying, but we'll never really reach a conclusion.

Fair enough dude, can't say I know the in's and out's of the clan. Fundamentally it draws from what we think of KOXP. I just don't like it and I wouldn't be in a clan which uses or or has members who use it condoned or not. Have to remember that I have played EUKO for a few months only, and prior to that hadn't played for like 2-3 years, so my view on KOXP is dated back to the time when it really was frowned upon...

## WARNING: COMPLETELY OFF-TOPIC ##

Fucking Brits and their walls of text.. -.-

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Guess it's a matter of opinion mate; the truth is I probably would seriously consider kicking a friend if they were using KOXP, just as I would if they had scammed someone, or something like that. I personally consider using KOXP more than something trivial. Of course if you're of the opinion that KOXP means nothing, of course you won't kick them and of course you'll campaign to keep them on the forum too. It's basically as I said before, I understand what you're saying, but we'll never really reach a conclusion.

Fair enough dude, can't say I know the in's and out's of the clan. Fundamentally it draws from what we think of KOXP. I just don't like it and I wouldn't be in a clan which uses or or has members who use it condoned or not. Have to remember that I have played EUKO for a few months only, and prior to that hadn't played for like 2-3 years, so my view on KOXP is dated back to the time when it really was frowned upon...
    Your signature is outdated.

Why not reach a conclusion? When you cut the crap and come down to the fundamentals it seems that a ban is being justified because someone doesn't find KOXP as bad as someone else. Well I got a couple quotes about that:

Then you should go ahead and ban half the people who use this forum. You can't ban people on your personal opinion. Moderators should be objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    He's been unbanned. We don't ban based off of personal opinion otherwise a whole fuckload of people would have been banned in the past and present, probably myself included on more than one occasion. Cherry on top, I don't exactly hold the opinion of someone who scams in high regard either.

Cama, cleaning up Sancte's mess all day long.
    This shouldn't even be a case. He was banned because a moderator who is now banned for scamming misunderstood the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    ## WARNING: COMPLETELY OFF-TOPIC ##

Fucking Brits and their walls of text.. -.-
    If you'd actually red the wall of text, you'd see that they were actually on-topic. On the other hand, your post was completely off-topic. The irony...

EDIT: I now understand what you're saying lol... my bad =P.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Your signature is outdated.
    Ah yes, thanks for that.

Banned Senior Member

If you'd actually red the wall of text, you'd see that they were actually on-topic. On the other hand, your post was completely off-topic. The irony...
    o.o The irony is that you failed to understand what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Why not reach a conclusion? When you cut the crap and come down to the fundamentals it seems that a ban is being justified because someone doesn't find KOXP as bad as someone else. Well I got a couple quotes about that:

This shouldn't even be a case. He was banned because a moderator who is now banned for scamming misunderstood the post.
    Actually I admit the evidence on which he was banned is flimsy at best.

However, he did log into an account on this forum which he wasn't authorized to log into. Obviously this was only because he was banned. We'll discuss it as mods and get back to you. Can't say what the outcome will be, but would expect you to respect the decision (which we will also justify).

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    o.o The irony is that you failed to understand what he said.
    Dang, now I understand what he was saying. Damn that is embarrassing lol.

Anyway enough of this, let's keep it clean now until it's dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post

According to the rules, everything should lead to a ban. It's all terribly vague and up to the mod in charge of the case (which should be changed... there needs to be specific punishments for different actions).
    We need more objective guidelines... disciplinary action for different actions need to have clear cut punishments.

PNW 360 Hardcore, WA Senior Member Austin's Avatar

Dang, now I understand what he was saying. Damn that is embarrassing lol.

Anyway enough of this, let's keep it clean now until it's dealt with.
    I just realized... No one can say "Just because you used to be a mod doesn't mean..."

On topic: I agree with thing. Every illegal action should have a punishment in hard plain text and not left for the mod's to decide because believe it or not letting the mods decide leads to some sort of favoritism or non favoritism in most cases.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011