Mage Question, To all those lr mages out there.

This is a discussion on Mage Question, To all those lr mages out there. within the Recruitment and In-game requests forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So I started playing this game as fire mage, few month ago I switch to Lighting for no particular reason. ...
Page: 1

Default Mage Question, To all those lr mages out there.

So I started playing this game as fire mage, few month ago I switch to Lighting for no particular reason.

Any ways, my question is. What is the best way to stat a mage?

I am lvl 82.

Imir3s,
    Faun,
    sse2, lkp2
    ep3,ib0
    krowaz 7 set

with full sc i have about 5.7k np and like 1050 ac.

Right not i have 255 MP and 160 int. it seems like I hit okay. I get kills. But I stun like 1/10 ppl. So if I don't stun much. Would it be worth dropping some points from MP and putting them to HP so when i play support mage. I can have that extra HP?

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

depends if u play mostly in a meele party as only mage, or in a mage party, if u restat to 160 int 139 mp and rest hp, u'd still hit okay with the faun, and u would tank way more with that extra hp, usefull if u tank alot of meeles as only mage in the party, if u play mostly in mage parties, u shoulda stay full mp coz u wouldnt be the only mage gettin hit.

Little archer Senior Member

either melee or support, if you go hybrid you will find yourself dying too fast / not doing enough damage.

lightning doesnt really stun anymore... but they still interrupt casts like no other (note: thats not stunning) so yeah, their utility consists of that and light shock too

-q whered u go lol

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    either melee or support, if you go hybrid you will find yourself dying too fast / not doing enough damage.

lightning doesnt really stun anymore... but they still interrupt casts like no other (note: thats not stunning) so yeah, their utility consists of that and light shock too

-q whered u go lol
    -q didnt have internet for some weeks and didnt really care/try to fix it coz i wouldnt have time to use it anyway

I tend to attack a lot. But 1/5 times im in melee party and i just tp ppl, from one side of the party to another. and i seem to talk pretty good with cs on. But i gain. I don't know if i take 20 MP pts off, will my damage drop dramatically

Quote Originally Posted by pilla123 View Post
    I tend to attack a lot. But 1/5 times im in melee party and i just tp ppl, from one side of the party to another. and i seem to talk pretty good with cs on. But i gain. I don't know if i take 20 MP pts off, will my damage drop dramatically
    dunno exactly but lets say i blade for 700's when full mp, if u went 139 mp rest hp i believe u would still blade like 560's - 580's, so its up to you to see if the extra hp u get worth losin arround 150 staff damage, didnt knew u had a cs tho, that helps alot, havin 2 blink's / light shock and a cs u should be able to survive even as full mp mage, but if u think that u die too much when in meele pt's id suggest ya to switch 139 / rest hp.

Banned Regular Member

also another reason you not stunning much.. is that every1 is like 80+ where you PK nd have ahigh LR.. especially def warriors and other mages and what not. rogues with magic sheild.. your light atks arent stunning for those reasons..
    best light mage is ardream. becuase no1 has alot of LR unless your another light mage. or you build your char not to be stunned?
    although i could be wrong? but thats just my thought on it. sounds like a good theory.? to me though lol

and honestly i dnt think loosing 20 stats to you MP will drop your blade hits that much. maybe still around 600ish? but ya i think zecabr has a good point.
    have more hp you can tank alot alot better especially if you only in 1/5 melee partys you mostly support then..

i my self have nvr gone 60+ with a mage but i like to be a 59 ice/light mage. i dnt use imir rings but i get a few stunns when i switch to my +8wood lightning staff. not alot, but it happens every now and again. comes in handy, and useful to have also.