Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CooLTanG - High lvl Debuffer BP Lookin For Strong Clan

This is a discussion on CooLTanG - High lvl Debuffer BP Lookin For Strong Clan within the Recruitment and In-game requests forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Sorry if my standards are high or that I'm picky but heres my definition of a strong clan: Other Players ...
Page: 1

Default CooLTanG - High lvl Debuffer BP Lookin For Strong Clan

Sorry if my standards are high or that I'm picky but heres my definition of a strong clan:

Other Players Consist of:
    Strong Full Healers - w/ Chitin Shields, at least 2-3 which are one of the most active players
    Strong Debuffer - w/ Chitin Shields, at least 2-3 which are one of the most active players
    1-2 - 70+ Buffers for exp mainly
    5-7 - Quite active Mages,
    2-5 - Archers,
    2-5 - Sins,
    2-5 - 70+ Warriors
    Most should be pretty active of course.

All at least open to do bosses, boss events, exp on exp events, progress the clan as much as possible.

Next comes the tough part:

All must have ventrilo and use ventrilo regularly.
    All must show up for Seige war if the clan agrees to challenge for the castle.
    All/most must show up for Ultima/Messenger of Patos attempts in Bifrost if the clan sets a for it.
    All/most must show up for Felankor and dragon cave attempts if the clan sets a time for it.
    All/most must show up for Isloon attempts if the clan sets a time for it.
    All should understand spoken and written English.
    Strong Unique Drops that gotten with the clan should stay in the clan as much as possible up until no one can really use it so it can be sold for clan bank.

Anyways if your clan meets those requirements hit me up with a PM or msg me ingame.

Colomka

real one, original one form ares ??

i doubt it . ..

Yes I am, and I'm tired of explaining it to people I have no clue who they are, but anyways bump.

Ruthless

wow....those r pretty 1337 expectations lol
    no offence, but this sounds like ur expecting a serious clan with no room for fun h43r:

LOrDsHiVa

yes it is real cooltang..

btw GL finding clan like that mate..

Kik0

Come human so I don't need to keep running away from you in CZ :/

theres always room for fun, but winning/dominating with great organization is where I get most of my fun, but hey if theres no real strong clans on ares anymore its alright I'll stay solo till Darkfall comes out and make a serious clan there, cuz takes too much work to get all the english speaking players together here.

Kranitnova

puttin up a clan like u describe it is hard to forfill and keep up.
    Good luck finding one

(incomming noob question : darkfall is new mmorpg?)

na not with the right commited members, its easy, but anyways yeah darkfall is a new upcoming true pvp mmorpg

the_box

Originally posted by CooLTanG
    but anyways yeah darkfall is a new upcoming true pvp mmorpg
    +1

too bad everyones been waiting for the release for like 3 years now ^^

Ruthless

wats the pvp like in Darkfall?

lotusflower

cooltang come human and lets own ...

u only 1 that can own me solo but but matchless comming soon and maybe IN... rematch plz

good luck find clan!!

friendly fire is possible, non point and click heals, no glowy names from miles away, lots others, plenty of information just gotta check it out.

I'd go human if I knew there was a strong clan overthere to join possibly.

SellingSomeCrap

Originally posted by CooLTanG
    friendly fire is possible, non point and click heals, no glowy names from miles away, lots others, plenty of information just gotta check it out.

I'd go human if I knew there was a strong clan overthere to join possibly.
    Wow man, I always hear people talking about you. What lvl and what kinda stats you got? Your some kinda beast?

the_box

Originally posted by Ruthless
    wats the pvp like in Darkfall?
    Cooltang sorry to buck your thread.. but its a free bump anyways ^^
    Here's an article about Darkfall... possibly the best upcoming game.
    ------------------------------

Darkfall

This gets its own section. We've been watching Darkfall for a while. Back in 2003 Deyth visited them in Greece and the first ever video of Darkfall gameplay was released through Combine last year. Of all the PvP games on the horizon none has appealed more to hardcore PvPers than Darkfall. Near the end of the day I got a call from Tasos Flambouras and Kjetil Helland, producer and lead programmer respectively, offering to give me a private viewing of the game. I had already read the writeup Deyth did a while back so I couldn't wait to actually see it. They spent a long time with me…

They had a standalone version of the game with them (they're not in beta yet) and they came armed with plenty of Fraps movies. Darkfall is designed to be a hardcore PvP game, completely skill-based with no leveling system and requiring plenty of player skill. The people developing the game have played other PvP games and found them lacking. They are looking to make a game that really caters to the PvP market without worry of alienating the non-PvP community. By PvP I mean FFA PvP. The real thing. They do think that the game will still appeal to some non-PvPers because of features like the crafting and lore systems.

Combat in this game reminds me a lot of Savage, requiring players to aim their spells and weapon attacks. No auto-attack auto-follow bullshit. You swing your weapon and it either hits or doesn't. You shoot your spell and if you miss and hit a friendly target they will take damage. Hitting a target with a spell or weapon will raise your proficiency with that type of attack. A player could skill up by only killing other players.

Strategy is very important in combat. Friendly fire is a real concern. Large groups could hurt themselves in confined areas so a small group using choke points could beat a larger one.

When a player dies the corpse remains on the ground, unconscious and twitching. You can either release, wait for a friendly to resurrect you, or your enemy can come and perform a finishing move that sends you back to your bind point. If that happens or if the player releases, the corpse becomes fully lootable. Everything in your inventory can be looted, even weapons and armor. They described it as being a huge rush going up to someone and finishing them off. They think it likely that in large guild battles there will probably be people assigned to run around and finish people off before they're resurrected.

Crafting will play a huge role. All armor and weapons in the game can be crafted, making guild crafters very important. A guild preparing for war will have to stockpile large amounts of equipment (reminiscent of UO, one of their inspirations). Running out of gear could mean losing the entire war. Materials for crafting can be acquired by killing NPCs, mining ore, or chopping trees. If you happen to run into another player who has just finished gathering some materials you can always just kill and loot him. The lazy man's option. NPCs will also drop items including the ones you see them using on you. No more useless loot like rat tails and fish eyes.

Guilds will be extremely important. Guilds will be able to build cities and claim resource points. They can declare war or ally with other guilds. Politics will be meaningful. Guild-controlled cities will be a huge part of the game. Guilds can only build cities in preset locations around the world (I was assured that there would be a large amount of possible locations, like on the sides of mountains or islands, etc.) Picking a strategic location will be crucial. The actual city building is done RTS-style and materials are provided by crafters. NPC guards can be hired and equipped to protect the city. Cities can be attacked and destroyed by other guilds without limitations (such as baning a tree a la Shadowbane.)

The game world is quite large, about 12 hours to cross from one end to the other, making mounts very important. Each of the 6 races has its own mount (except the wolf race which has a skill allowing them run fast). Combat can be done without dismounting but has a chance to kill the mount. If a player is killed while on his mount, or dismounts and then dies, the mount is fair game for anyone to claim. A human character wanting to ride an orc mount just needs to kill an orc and take it. Also leaving a mount unattended also makes it fair game.

Climbing will be a feature in the game. I'm mentioning this because I have always been annoyed by games enclosing me within a zone through mountains and zone walls. Since this game will not have any zones or instances, if you can see an area, you can get there by climbing (within reason of course).

Naval battles were described as being a very important feature. A guild would have to build a shipyard, gather all the materials needed, and build the ship. Someone with the skill in navigating the ship gets behind the wheel and steers it around. Speed of movement and turning is affected by the skill of the driver and current weather conditions. Cannons are mounted on the side of the ship and players need to attend to each cannon, turning them, aiming, and firing. Ships can be boarded by players either scaling up the side or if two ships come close enough for someone to jump over. If everyone on the boat is killed and the ship is still intact anyone can get behind the wheel and drive it away. Ships can also be used to siege a city that's along the coastline.

Weather will play a part in this game as well. Rain and snow causes very low visibility. A weather map will be accessible in game showing weather patterns and their direction of movement. A guild can anticipate a rain storm and use it to ambush another guild. During good weather players can be seen from an extremely long distance. They can be seen as a small dot in the clipping range.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast