Another account question

This is a discussion on Another account question within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; So i want to do recruit a friend. I want to be the one with the exp boost so ill ...
Page: 1

Boyce

So i want to do recruit a friend. I want to be the one with the exp boost so ill have to make a new account. Question is, will i have to buy the games again? ( I have WoW original and tbc hard copy, but bought wotlk online)
    Help appreciated again guys, thanks.

Banned Senior Member

You only need to buy WoW ( since the 3x exp ends at 60, you can then transfer the character to your main account afterwards )

However, when doing Recruit a friend, BOTH parties get the exp bonus. If your playing with someone who you reffered to WoW, your character will get 3x exp as well as long as they are within the 3 or 5 level range of each other. The point of the RaF is to level together, and only one person gettng the bonus wouldnt make it as fun

Boyce

You only need to buy WoW ( since the 3x exp ends at 60, you can then transfer the character to your main account afterwards )

However, when doing Recruit a friend, BOTH parties get the exp bonus. If your playing with someone who you reffered to WoW, your character will get 3x exp as well as long as they are within the 3 or 5 level range of each other. The point of the RaF is to level together, and only one person gettng the bonus wouldnt make it as fun[/b]
    Ok great, question answered, Thank you phantom.

Infra

so, you buy wow .. make new acc.. recruit a friend get to lv 60 and trans the char of the new acc to the main acc?

KalaBunga Senior Member

also the person that got invited by the guy.

can grant you lvl's.

a totale of 30 lvl he can grand when he hits 60.

example your friend decide to play ahead your lvl 40 now hes 50. he can grand lvl you 10 lvl's so your at the same lvl ahgain.

i invited 2 players both dinged to 80. now i got a lvl 60 alt where i send like 15 min of time on :P

Banned Senior Member

so, you buy wow .. make new acc.. recruit a friend get to lv 60 and trans the char of the new acc to the main acc?[/b]
    Essentially, if the new account is under the same name as your main thats what alot of people do. It's like $20 or something ot move the char to your main, or $15/month to keep the 2nd account to play that char.

Also the accounts are linked for 3 months. So anytime during that period you can make more chars for the free levels or just to have more chars

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

However, when doing Recruit a friend, BOTH parties get the exp bonus. If your playing with someone who you reffered to WoW, your character will get 3x exp as well as long as they are within the 3 or 5 level range of each other. The point of the RaF is to level together, and only one person gettng the bonus wouldnt make it as fun[/b]
    Isn't it 300% exp? Then it's 4x exp not 3

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Isn't it 300% exp? Then it's 4x exp not 3 [/b]
    no its x3............how did u even come to x4 at all?

ur original xp amount is 100%.....

100x2=200
    100x3=300
    100x4?=400

lets assume u thought it was 0% for some odd reason........

0x2=0
    0x3=0
    0x4=0 lol

RAF also allows u to teleport your friend to where u are. (must be out of combat)

KalaBunga Senior Member

RAF also allows u to teleport your friend to where u are. (must be out of combat)[/b]
    cooldown is 1 hr of the skill. but its handy to make some alts and put em in major cityies so you can summon each to it

no its x3............how did u even come to x4 at all?

ur original xp amount is 100%.....

100x2=200
    100x3=300
    100x4?=400

lets assume u thought it was 0% for some odd reason........

0x2=0
    0x3=0
    0x4=0 lol[/b]
    If killing something normally yields 100 xp...

0% boost of 100 xp is 100 + (0)100 = 100.
    100% boost of 100 xp is 100 + (1)100 = 200.
    200% boost of 100 xp is 100 + (2)100 = 300.
    300% boost of 100 xp is 100 + (3)100 = 400.

It depends on the wording on how they've implemented it though. If its a 300% increase then its x4. If its 300% of the original xp, then its x3.