Arena 2v2 poitns form winning

This is a discussion on Arena 2v2 poitns form winning within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; recently i decided to play arena again pve got a bit boring , so here me and a friend were ...
Page: 1

KalaBunga Senior Member

Default Arena 2v2 poitns form winning

recently i decided to play arena again pve got a bit boring ,

so here me and a friend were a bit undergeared a lock and dk in 2v2.

so we got to 800 points very easly , getting around 42-52 points in a game.

so after hiting 1100 - 1150 we only kept getting 10-15 points. but if we lost loose 10-20 points wtf.

i remebr last season all the way up to 1600-1700 points i was getting 30-50 points in a game.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

ur actual rating doesnt mean shit lol thats just for calculating ur arena points and what gear u can buy

the points u get/lose is based on MMR...if u have lets say a 1900 mmr but go against a team with 1400 MMR and u lose ull lose a ton of points and if u win ull only get like 5 points...if u have a mmr of 1400 and beat a team with 1800 ull get like 50 points but if u lose ull only lose like 5 and lastly if u have around equal mmr ull gain/lose around the same anywhere from 5-15 points

when u lose 20 points(like ur claiming) check the other teams MMR, most likely theyre a couple hundred below u :P...and gaining 10-15 is normal

KalaBunga Senior Member

ty 4 ze info gawd , was so anoying.
    dam hunter an paly combo's droping my points.

1st few game were so quick points feel like i hit a iceberg like.

Banned Senior Member

Hell, when they introduced the new method last season at one point high rated teams would sometimes lost points for beating another team

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3xiT View Post
    1st few game were so quick points feel like i hit a iceberg like.
    all people hit that iceberg :P usually happens in the 1400-1600 range as u adjust from playign against weak teams to decent teams...then again at 1800-2k when u go from decent teams to good teams, then again at 2k when u go from good teams to great teams

any team with a healer is gonna be a bitch for ur comp, its the flaw to double dps comps especially ones that lack HUGE burst capability and MS effect, which ur comp does for both :P

all they have to do is play defensively and they can wear u down quick...they just need to stay alive long enough for u to OOM then ull need to life tap to get mana back which leaves u vulnerable to ANY dps(even healer dps could kill u at that point), and even assuming ur dk friend is blood its not gonna have the ability to survive being bursted

advantages to ur comp would be the dk could DG and slow melee off of u, but that advantage only goes so far and any higher rated team would be so used to dk comp teams that it really wouldnt even effect them

anyway hunter/pally...id have dk DG and chains of ice the hunter to the center and start burning him down, when healer pops out to heal fear him away if he trinkets fear again, then continue to burn the hunter with dk, when fears over shadowwhatever(the aoe ranged stun) the pally then u stay on hunter, by this time dk starts running to pally and while running chains of ices hunter then mind freezes and/or strangulates pally when he tries to heal

if the hunters not dead by then(theyre REALLY squishy for a mail class) u did something wrong especially since warlocks do INSANE burst damage....oh and hunter will prolly be targetting u and not the dk(since dk will be right on top of him) so id use voidwalker for the bubble

because there are tons of people who "think" they can pvp at 1400 to 1600. when you hit 1800 it starts to get competitive, if you can, wait till you get 2k+, thats when actual competition starts lol and getting points will be a lot harder. retired my pally at 2500 rating, never really wanted to arena with pally, but i knew i could get 2500 with it lol. so when i got i i just retired him.
    lock and dk teams are pretty good considering decent cc and lots of burst dmg. you will probably have problems with disc priest/dk teams though considering played by decently players that comp is op. (ofc i could name plenty more op comps, that is just a very popular one right now, that and warrior/resto druid lol)

KalaBunga Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post

if the hunters not dead by then(theyre REALLY squishy for a mail class) u did something wrong especially since warlocks do INSANE burst damage....oh and hunter will prolly be targetting u and not the dk(since dk will be right on top of him) so id use voidwalker for the bubble
    tried that , my friend ain the best geared lock but i have fun playing with him.

a paly on my server with i used to play wiht he was great , 1st in 5v5 and 1st in 3v3 but me and him go long way back so he decied to boost me one day in 2v2 i hardly did a thing he got me up to 2.1k quite easly.

atm he quited so i never bothred playing arena , only used to play arena alot was in tbc , with rogue or my warrior at that time , shadowstep + hemo ftw.

but atm the only team with have probs with are rogue / disc priest or , hunter / paladin sinds my friend is quite undergeared , his stam is quite low and any decent mulite rogue could take him out in a few sec , even if i put him in chains of ice cos , and sprint , hell be right back at him.

a hard point is all the boosting lastnight , rogue boosting his disc friend. never seem my friend a lock die so fast.

should get close to 1600 rating this weekend.

also forgot to add.

my frind is atm a afflition lock , i told him to go desto but hes aflition in his 3v3 with is going quite great , lock , dk unholy , and a grealy geared resto druid there now at 1700+-.
    but he does not wanne drops his 2nd spec into desto pvp

@ cama we tried the hunter tackting , using strang , Death grib on the auro mastery , etc , still if the hunter is decent + pala gives and dispell quite alot its still quite hard 2 get him down
    Last edited by 3xiT; 11-17-2009 at 02:04 PM.

KalaBunga Senior Member

My friend finnaly managed to get him desto had to pay his respec.

but hunter pala combo went down easy this time , 10k chaos bolt ,strangu on the pala , SS followed by a death coil and confegate of the lock boom hunter was dead

diablo

lock and dk is pretty shit combo mate

if you wanna go for end game pvp, you should stick up with pala dk, druid dk (<< total faceroll) . and tell your friend to play rogue lock with destro or affil + resto druid (or shaman) for easy mode. And if you want such a challange, go with rogue dk or mage dk.