Best mage RACE (pvp)

This is a discussion on Best mage RACE (pvp) within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I'm thinking of starting wow again for arena and was wondering which racial skills would offer the best tools for ...
Page: 1

idefix

I'm thinking of starting wow again for arena and was wondering which racial skills would offer the best tools for RMP setup (or mage priest / mage rogue 2s)? Gnome for int and escape artist, UD for a second pvp trinket or blood elf for another silence?

Banned

I would say undead, canabalize is not bad eather sometimes i the arenas, will of the forsaken got nerfed from 5 sec i think to just beaing like a "trinket" breakig fear and those effects.
    The most skilled mages played undead but gnomes can be hard to see sometimes

lol gnomes, nah its undead as far as racials, but it really dont matter, if your good then you will do fine, simple as that.
    skill > class/race

idefix

Okies, thanks Will go with UD then when I get an account...

human lol - free trinket
    otherwise go ud
    and 2v2 with rogue or disc priest

Boyce

lol gnomes, nah its undead as far as racials, but it really dont matter, if your good then you will do fine, simple as that.
    skill > class/race
    [/b]
    untill you get to higher ratings when everything matters and a racial can be a game winner or not.

that is true to an extent, but every race that can be mage has something to offer, so to me dont rely on racials to decide, your talent will determine everything.

idefix

Hmm, humans could actually also be competitive, considering that you don't need to be wearing a pvp trinket so you can get another trinket instead (at a loss of some resi, though). Lightning generator + battlemaster trinket could be good.

Is the UD racial really that good in 2v2? 2 iceblocks and a pvp trinket not enough to get out of the CC as I'm gonna play double dps anyhow (=games last quite a short time)? The biggest challenge is probably DK/pally so what would be the best racial against that?

In 3s in a mirror against another RMP setup it would probably be priceless to get out of one extra morph/fear though.

Hmm, humans could actually also be competitive, considering that you don't need to be wearing a pvp trinket so you can get another trinket instead (at a loss of some resi, though). Lightning generator + battlemaster trinket could be good.

Is the UD racial really that good in 2v2? 2 iceblocks and a pvp trinket not enough to get out of the CC as I'm gonna play double dps anyhow (=games last quite a short time)? The biggest challenge is probably DK/pally so what would be the best racial against that?

In 3s in a mirror against another RMP setup it would probably be priceless to get out of one extra morph/fear though.[/b]
    well about 30% of teams u vs will have a disc priest so the extra fear trinket is nice
    especially in my rating and bg i vs about 30% of teams disc/rogue or mage
    other 50% have a pally so

Banned

Lightning generator will get nerfed soon probebly.
    If you play 3v3 and 5v5 you will get feared probebly.
    84 resilience from the trinket is really good in pvp so i think mages needs it.
    If you get one down and playing whit rogue you can start to eat on him to get full hp.
    The highest rated mage in 2v2 now playes ud whit a ud rogue, vurtne and noone was undead.

Dubble dps in wotlk sucks couse you die to fast, arcane was good before nerf though

lol it could be because arcane required facerolling to win.
    but pick whichever, just my OPINION is undead

idefix

If you get one down and playing whit rogue you can start to eat on him to get full hp.
    The highest rated mage in 2v2 now playes ud whit a ud rogue, vurtne and noone was undead.

Dubble dps in wotlk sucks couse you die to fast, arcane was good before nerf though [/b]
    Doesn't it get cancelled if you get attacked? And if we get one killed I'd probably blink/run away behind a pillar/some other obstacle and evocate which restores 60% hp (with glyph) instead of start eating the corpse.

And I don't really care if double dps "sucks", there's a lot of mage/rogue and mage/warlock teams in the 2200+ category and even if it's inferior to many comps, I think it's the best comp a mage can play in 2v2, and playing with a priest or paladin just seems boring to me. Full on nuke seems the most fun and exciting, don't you think? Comparing to a 15 minute fight between pallies who never run out of mana and dps that cannot outdps its heals.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll pick UD then...

Banned

evocation got cd sometimes,but the glyph is really nice
    fulle nuke= play 1 min wait 5 minits again in queue and 1 min for the game to start, atleast on my server.
    but 3v3 whit mage is fun to play still and eventually it will be more balanced i think.

Ud also got 2% less chanse to get hit by shadow dmg if that helps, dont know :P

gnome mage, dwarf priest, human rogue is optimal for RMP. On horde side you want to be triple UD.