Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This game seems unbalanced.

This is a discussion on This game seems unbalanced. within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; You obviously have'nt played WoW much. It's all about gear....the game revolves around instances and end-game raids. Skill in PvP..yeh ...
Page: 2

NightOwl

You obviously have'nt played WoW much. It's all about gear....the game revolves around instances and end-game raids. Skill in PvP..yeh it takes skill but nothing like KO, plus, if you're decked out in tier 3 epics it takes virtually no skill at all (especially as a lock, shadow priest, or hunter).[/b]
    Mate, no it isn't all about gear... ofc that u can't own a tier 3 rogue with white gear from the lvl 5 quests... But, if u are well decked, being of a certain class gives u an immediate advantage over other classes. Beside, have 2 ppl that combo the same way in ko which one wins? The one with the best gear... so, don't bring tier3 to the PvP scene, cause if u played enough wow u also know that is hardly the reality of ppl pvping very often. Tier 3 are usually hardcore PvErs not PvPers... so, stating what I said, any rogue can down a mage, even a tier 3 one, cause the mage doesn't have enough HP/Armor to be able to survive the initial stun lock. So, being that said, same goes with rogues attacking warriors... good luck with that. Like I said, no class is perfect and all comes down to having skills... and by skills I mean inteligence, not being able to push 141243 buttons in under 5 seconds... that's Carpe's Tunnel Syndrome.

the only horde race with godly racials is UD. Belfs are decent, orc too. I think troll racials are useless and taurens are meh..

on the other hand perception, stoneform and escape artist are all better than any racial trolls, orcs or taurens have. the problem is that everyone goes Nelf on alliance side, and nelfs are plain crap compared to humans, dwarves and gnomes.

whenever people talk about horde racials they usually mean UD, since 70% of horde side is UD. i sometimes wish i rolled UD, but with the pvp trinket and CloS, the need for WoTF is much less. With the exception of warlocks, i feel that the AoE silence is more useful against casters than WoTF as a means of bridging stunlocks. cannibalise would be very nice though.

dmoino

the only horde race with godly racials is UD. Belfs are decent, orc too. I think troll racials are useless and taurens are meh..

on the other hand perception, stoneform and escape artist are all better than any racial trolls, orcs or taurens have. the problem is that everyone goes Nelf on alliance side, and nelfs are plain crap compared to humans, dwarves and gnomes.

whenever people talk about horde racials they usually mean UD, since 70% of horde side is UD. i sometimes wish i rolled UD, but with the pvp trinket and CloS, the need for WoTF is much less. With the exception of warlocks, i feel that the AoE silence is more useful against casters than WoTF as a means of bridging stunlocks. cannibalise would be very nice though.[/b]
    Well I total disagree with you on troll racials i have 1 lvl 70 troll hunter and a lvl 60 nelf hunter, and Troll racials own Berserker on hunter or eaven rogues is imba, and i use bows as a hunter so the +5 passive is nice too . The only good racial nelfs have is wisp, when they dead they can get back to there body quick ahahah

Hydr4

Tbh i hate Nelf's but there's isnt that bad if ur a warrior u shadowmeld and charge its kewl

Well I total disagree with you on troll racials i have 1 lvl 70 troll hunter and a lvl 60 nelf hunter, and Troll racials own Berserker on hunter or eaven rogues is imba, and i use bows as a hunter so the +5 passive is nice too . The only good racial nelfs have is wisp, when they dead they can get back to there body quick ahahah[/b]
    beserker is useless for rogues because it is too expensive for the speed, and i have SnD and BF which stack to give 50% increase at full HP whereas beserker gives 10%. rogues have no real need for it. the other troll racials are just plain rubbish for the most part.

the best racials for hunter IMO are orc. 15% stun/knockout resist is obviously great in pvp. they have 5% more pet melee damage passive, better axe skill. That 5% passive pet DPS boost is better than 10% for 10 seconds every 3minutes imo. granted blood fury is not so good for hunters, i still think orc is better.

dont get me started on nelfs.. its crazy how the alliance race with the worst racials is the most popular. looks > functionality.

dmoino

Well I still prefer Troll hunters to pvp then orc or tauren. 5% more to pet dps is like between 7 and 15 more dps, and in PVP you can't rely on your pet to do damage (eaven if you are a BM) I had duel some or c hunters, and i normally win unless they have alot of better gear, why, because what is +5 % when pet is trapped? and i tell you that wit rapid fire and berseker on my bow look like a machine gun shooting arrows at 1.0 speed doing around 450 dps. Also in PVP you will notice that most of the time your pet is trapped/ feared/shakle and so on so on. and the +5 racial to bows trolls have is very good because give me more crit and more hit and hit in PVE = more dps. But this is just my opinion. And about Rogues, some rogues prefer slow weapons, some other prefer fast carnage

well rogue weapon speed is normalised. All rogues use slow weapons in main hand for maximum damage and usually fast offhands unless they specced for mutilate. fast offhand means more poison procs/combat potency/lower shiv energy so its good for most builds.

reading some posts.. WoW has changed a lot since you guys played it seems. PvP at 60 has nothing to do with pvp now. I remember watching my housemate raid for hours just to get 1 piece of tier3 he wanted. You used to have to PK a LOT to get top rank for the best items. Simply put, wow used to reward people with no lives, irrespective of their skill level. Not to mention battlegrounds are boring shite for the most part.

Nowadays arena is where its at. You can start from scratch in TBC and easily overtake tards who started 2 years before. All the guys going into arena with their pre-TBC gear will get stomped, and even the new tier4/5 sets are not so good for pvp. Raiding is back where it should be: for sad people who can't pvp. All you have to do is stack stamina and resilience for maximum survivability, and obtain the arena weapons (which are better than the best raid weapons for the most part) and you are sorted.

Im loving the new direction wow is taking. The game finally has real pvp viability and the top players will now be the best pk teams rather than the losers sitting in raids for 10 hours per day.

dmoino

Yes thats why im going to lvl other char to 70 to play arenas because when they did the arenas they did not think about hunters. I can't shoot at anything because they are always out of sight :S and for example, the best team on my server on 2v2 are 2 warlocks, they dot fear and hide, go beat that with a hunter and a random :S

I agree hunters are weak in 2v2 arena mainly due to those pillars blocking LoS. But have you considered concentrating on 5v5 maybe? I imagine its a lot easier for hunters with more targets and more support. I don't think every class can be good in each pvp style. A preparation rogue is the best 1v1 class in the game but we are weak in 5v5 due to lack of sustained damage out of stealth.

I dislike the design of the bridge arena, because casters can jump on the pillars making it really hard to get to them in stealth. Its a huge disadvantage. The arenas should just be empty rooms so no class can have a terrain advantage.

DragonFire

well rogue weapon speed is normalised. All rogues use slow weapons in main hand for maximum damage and usually fast offhands unless they specced for mutilate. fast offhand means more poison procs/combat potency/lower shiv energy so its good for most builds.

reading some posts.. WoW has changed a lot since you guys played it seems. PvP at 60 has nothing to do with pvp now. I remember watching my housemate raid for hours just to get 1 piece of tier3 he wanted. You used to have to PK a LOT to get top rank for the best items. Simply put, wow used to reward people with no lives, irrespective of their skill level. Not to mention battlegrounds are boring shite for the most part.

Nowadays arena is where its at. You can start from scratch in TBC and easily overtake tards who started 2 years before. All the guys going into arena with their pre-TBC gear will get stomped, and even the new tier4/5 sets are not so good for pvp. Raiding is back where it should be: for sad people who can't pvp. All you have to do is stack stamina and resilience for maximum survivability, and obtain the arena weapons (which are better than the best raid weapons for the most part) and you are sorted.

Im loving the new direction wow is taking. The game finally has real pvp viability and the top players will now be the best pk teams rather than the losers sitting in raids for 10 hours per day.[/b]
    I remember when I played Wow, Me and some friends would do BG's and we were pretty much top pvper's for the most part (all of us were top 20) and then A bunch of people joined our server and they PVP'ed for like 13 hours a day and almost everyone lost there spots in the top at least 30 (there whole guild switched servers) Which is unbelievible retarded.

And as for The unbalance thing, I think it is bull crap, Because there is so many advantages on both side. In both, PVP and PVE, I know alot has changed since I last played WoW(about 4 months) but for the most part it is the same shit.

and now that both sides can have paladin AND shamans, that disadvantage/advantage was wiped clean.

SiCoXiS

Yes thats why im going to lvl other char to 70 to play arenas because when they did the arenas they did not think about hunters. I can't shoot at anything because they are always out of sight :S and for example, the best team on my server on 2v2 are 2 warlocks, they dot fear and hide, go beat that with a hunter and a random :S[/b]
    i hate hunters ^^ is a very gay class hehe dont offence but they have to many tricks for escape and shoot like poison, stun, tramps, faith dead, i always get owned by a good pvp hunter (im rogue) errr even when i get him for the stunlock they have the fuking scatter shoot and then the tramp again err hehe the only problem of the hunters is the warlocks a good pvp warlock own all hunters
    and about the racials in alliance the best racials is the escape artist fuking own im gnome =) and in horde inmune to fair in UD and the 30% anti stun on orcs that 2 racials rocks for a rogue.

Aqu

Fear ward, desperate prayer and stoneform.

Yes pls ^_^

dmoino

Yes Hunters are the eternal Enemies of rogues, the only times that I got owned by rogues and eaven then is not 50% win for them is when im killing a mob and he get me by surprise. But in a duel or if i see the rogue or eaven if i feel his presence and lay a trap before pulling a mob he is dead :P. Oh and i love the rogues that complain that in duels We hunters use flair againts them, ffs if you dont want us to use flair, dont stealth

use your flare sure, but camping it the entire fight is retarded.

dmoino

use your flare sure, but camping it the entire fight is retarded.[/b]
    I not camp my flare, I send it to your last position and lay a freeze trap to my back. But I understand the guys who camp it, why not, thats why we are rogues worst enemies, we have this skill we can use called flare . You saying that is same thing for me saying when im playing my priest, oh please mr rogue dont come gank me stealthed is just retarded and not fair because you can stun me and 3 hit me. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast