Gathering Professions....which is more lucrative ?

This is a discussion on Gathering Professions....which is more lucrative ? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I have a n00bie char that is a skinner at the moment. the question I'd like the answer to, is ...
Page: 1

I have a n00bie char that is a skinner at the moment. the question I'd like the answer to, is (and it may be server driven) but which is the better money maker . . .mining or herbalism? I have my opinions but would like some input (i'm referring to professions that dont require 'mats' to level up...enchanting, etc.)

thanks in advance.

Baxxor

well, it depends on server price.
    But skinning and herb is the best of all three, tho skinning might give more.
    Since you need it alot, but i dont know for sure

:pic:

i think mining is pretty better while i was herb/mining i allways found more deposites than flowers an a rich adamantite can give up to 10+ ore's i'd say mining but some herbs costs really a lot

gtaguy

on my server mining seems to be the most lucrative gathering profession. but skinning is good too since u can do it while leveling (i know i wish i had skinning since im leveling in nagrand right now and its like mostly skinnable beasts.)