"hint/tip/exploit" to down malygos in less than 4 min

This is a discussion on "hint/tip/exploit" to down malygos in less than 4 min within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Call it whatever you want, not sure about how Blizzard will see it when they find out. It applies to ...
Page: 1

Call it whatever you want, not sure about how Blizzard will see it when they find out. It applies to both Malygos10/25 and their respective achievements (8/20 man, under 6 minutes etc)

Bring a ton of mages/shamans/hunters/rogues/locks/druids (combination of either), finish phase 2 (scions and shit).

At the end of p2, everyone that can must drop combat (vanish, invisibility, fd, die and ankh/soulstone, combat res from druids etc etc). When p3 starts, they'll fall on dragons but be out of combat. Everyone that managed to stay out of combat, press 6 (speed) and go as far away as possible from malygos before he becomes targettable. The people that are in combat must stay there and "wipe".

On the next try, everyone that managed to keep their dragons out of combat will be riding a dragon (1,1,2 ftw), doing ~8-12k dps before p2 starts. When p2 starts, malygos should be on 5-10%, depending on how many dragons you got and how good those players are at pressing 2 buttons.

People on the dragons don't get targeted by malygos, he doesn't hit them with the missiles/breath or anything else.

Usually, 1 tank and 1-2 healers on the ground, while the rest are riding dragons means the encounter is finished in ~210 seconds.

Only do this if malygos 6 min/ malygos8/malygos20 are the last achievements you need for gotr and only do it with people you trust not to report it (guildies/friends).

"Can I get banned for this?" - I don't have a fucking clue, discovered it by accident and wanted to see how far it can go.

"Do they do enough dps to do you don't have an eternity + a poke in the eye at the same time?" - yes.

Pro-tip: keep an unholy dk on the ground, someone has to deal with sparks (just to kill them, doesn't matter where/how, as long as malygos doesn't get them) and ebon plaguebringer + dragons = win.

Credits go to kanly from Blizzhackers website "will not give url, do not pm or ask me for it"

old bug, hasnt it been fixed?

Banned Senior Member

no, some people I know did it this reset.

The zerg sarth 3d I dont really see as abug, and neither does blizzard, however being able to use the drakes on phase 1... that is clearly a bug and dissapoints me when people had to resort to that to get the 6 minute achievment

edit'd forgot to post credits
    and horror i tihnk ur thinking of the bug where u attack malgyos on a disc

nope its been around for a while, getting ppl to go out of combat in p3 then reset and they can still use the drags. just thought it got fixed :S