how bad is the gold farmming and cheating in wow?

This is a discussion on how bad is the gold farmming and cheating in wow? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; how is the gold farmming done?...
Page: 1

Mike_Miller

how is the gold farmming done?

how is the gold farmming done?[/b]
    same way as ko man farmers all work for a company and pool the gold they make and bank it to one character then they sell it :P

there is gold sellers in every city spamming up chat like its in ko some noob guy shouts their website and people obviously pay or they wouldnt waste their time doing this...

imo gold selling in wow is not that big a deal because all top end items are bind on pick up ..... meaning as soon as the items is looted it cannot be trade or sold to another player only npced... in this manner it keeps lvl 1 noobs from buying 129487129487 gold and then buying up the best items in game... sure their are some bind on equip epic items but these are so few and far between it wont change the game if 1 man spends 5k on gold to have a character in full epics...

wow is not like ko. 1 character cannot down top end bosses alone u need a full guild and team work, people must know their role and work together... top end gear is obtained in two ways at 70 from PVE raiding needing a good guild who works together for progression, not just one noob taking all gears but working together to get gear for all clan so u can kill tougher and tougher bosses... OR if you dont have 1 year of farming instances for gear u can play with 1 or 2 good friend and make arena team and pk for very nice gear

in any game will be cheaters etc... but in wow the amount of cheaters is not even comparable to ko where i would guess anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of all noobs are using some type of hack, bug , program , tbl file etc etc etc

wow has much much less people like this also if you are caught botting wow reserves the right to ip ban you , not just ban 1 character but your whole account. for most people this is enough because u are paying about 50$ for the game and 15 per month. also there is much less reason to bot as the game is much easier and u can do easy quests and make better xp then say just grinding on one slot which is pretty much 99% of ko . u can easily make lvl 70 in 3 months of playing time if you are into your character

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

i knew that gold on wow from goldfarmers are made from hacking accounts from ppl who enter those non-trusted sites (idk if there are trusted or non trusted).

this was posted on the oficial website a while ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho5Yxe6UVv4

Gold farming in WoW doesn't have much of an effect on the gameplay though. Only things you can really buy with gold are enchants and mounts and shit like that. You need good gear to put your enchants on which you have to earn yourself so its really not a big deal.

Its so easy to make money for the stuff you need anyway.

Fag

Usually people buy gold just to buy epic flight...

Jiwon

If you see in every server there is a group of farmers, mostly they use hunters or rogues to farm most of their gold. I remember when mech had a glitch and all rogues could stealth in and pick the lock and get 15g, gems and blues, was so great. Until blizz patched it, and now it is not possible to do this. I just glad I got all epic flyers for my 4 characters, hahaha.

Some of them farm legitly, because its actually faster than botting a lot of the time. So they stealth run instances, do dailies as a big team etc.

But i think the majority of their income is from keylogger hacks. If you go on the official forum, there are literally hundreds of accounts used to spam keyloggers there, each one was hacked the same way. They just steal all the gold, and vendor all items. Happened to 2 guys i know. I had a gold-seller pm me and he said they had 15000 gold on my server, which seems about right if they keylogged a handful of accounts.

Blizzard have stopped forum linking, and they do ban the spammers when you report them. So its not that bad. If you are just careful to avoid keyloggers its fine.

yeh i agree with zero on most of that, but, as far as blizzard banning them, their trial accounts, thats why u never get pm's anymore from them, sometimes they do have a real account and will invite u to part and spam in part chat etc. and sometimes mail u ingame, but most of the time its trial accoutns on the middle of major town just spamming. but yeh avoid keyloggers and u shouldnt have to worry about anything.