Mace Stun Nerf

This is a discussion on Mace Stun Nerf within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Think it's gonna be that harsh? For the love of god, it's caused by noobs entering arena with half-ass greens ...
Page: 1

leftclaw

Think it's gonna be that harsh?

For the love of god, it's caused by noobs entering arena with half-ass greens and 0 resillience that ruin the game.

WTB Lionheart. =/

Aqu

No mention of it on the patch notes for today, so unless its a stealth nerf maybe its not happened.

p.s. i fucking hate ms warriors.

yes it was mentioned today and about 1 month ago also. it was required, anyone who has fought a warrior at 2100+ rating will tell you that it is stupid that they do more stuns per minute than a rogue when using stormherald. I thought that rogue mace stun should have been nerfed also, i just hate it when luck factors into pvp.

Warrior mace stun works by PPM, so with a 3.8 weapon that is almost 16% chance to stun per swing. With the old windfury system aswell, all a warrior had to do was run around spamming hamstring.

But otherwise warriors got nice buffs all round.

tbh they should just nerf stunherald, not the mace stun effect... there are more maces out there than skillherald..... *slyly points at his Worldbreaker*

The stunherald stun is only 1% per swing compared to 16% for mace spec. I think stormheralds got a lot of hate simply because most people can't differentiate between the two stun procs.

But the point is that warriors dont need the stuns. They have a great snare, intercept to regain melee, and no positional requirement. All the stuns do is give warriors too much control and thus take the place of rogues in 5v5. Warriors should be about brute force and damage, not control.

Affenotto

Ah well I personally didn't notice much of a nerf though im justing using thunder right now, actually im writing this after a bg where i was defending farm and 4 ally came at me and I did a whirlwind and stunned all 4 at same time which i proceeded to laugh my ass off till friends got there and killed them

leftclaw

Just to clarify, the nerf isn't until the next major patch, which is 2.3

True, the Mace Stun Talent + DT/Skillherald is a bit OP considering that we can actually stunlock, given that we have Improved Slam too so yeah.

So yeah, I went prot for 2 days and got all my Primal Nether, crafted sword.

I must say, I don't regret it. I do miss the stun proc, but learning that it was gonna get nerfed soon, I decided to farm my Nethers early before tank congestion.

Affenotto

Well i went and looked up the mace nerf on the forums and they were very sketchy about the details couldnt really find the extent of the nerf

leftclaw

Gonna have to wait on the PTR to test.

Though now, I have no thoughts of switching back to mace since I'm just loving sword spec too much.