Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mage any good?

This is a discussion on Mage any good? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; been playing one last 2 days and just got 18.. but i noticed my damage just isn't enough to solo ...
Page: 1

been playing one last 2 days and just got 18.. but i noticed my damage just isn't enough to solo fast.. every monster i have to drink water and stuff to get my mana back.. is mage worth it or should i reroll before i get to high?

Fag

Imo ice mages are BEST for solo pking... The only classes can kill skilled mages are shadow priests and balance druids (Because of their fucking heal that is sooo annoying)..
    And about your problem.. Yeah it was always like that for me 2-4 mobs and i need to drink or eat.. But atleast mages can conjure it any time so it's not a problem..

PS. Here is the ice mage solo pking video paddy posted http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?id=39506

Imo ice mages are BEST for solo pking... The only classes can kill skilled mages are shadow priests and balance druids (Because of their fucking heal that is sooo annoying)..
    And about your problem.. Yeah it was always like that for me 2-4 mobs and i need to drink or eat.. But atleast mages can conjure it any time so it's not a problem..[/b]
    I agree. . .and like he said since he can conjure his own water/food. . .there really isnt much you can do regarding mana until you've equipped/leveled it a bit..

my buddy malady and I rolled n00bie toons for fun . .he chose a mage, i chose a rogue. . at the moment, his mage is 35 or something. . .and it deals amazing damage for it's level (no fancy gear to speak of except for an instance item or 2)

he's currently got 26 pts into fire. . so the build's nothing special:

Fire Talents - 26 point(s)
    Improved Fireball - rank 5/5
    Impact - rank 5/5
    Ignite - rank 5/5
    Flame Throwing - rank 2/2
    Incinerate - rank 2/2
    Pyroblast - rank 1/1
    Burning Soul - rank 2/2
    Master of Elements - rank 3/3
    Critical Mass - rank 1/3

Here are a couple more resources on mages:

Mage
    Mage Frost vs Fire Debate (ko4life)

This is a level by level 'n00bie' guide, designed to optimize where to put talent points at each level...(based on Baxxor's Mage Fire Pve)

From what I've seen (just my personal observation) those that i've asked in the past while researching the prospect of playing a mage, pretty much all said...it sux in the lower levels (true of most classes, imo) but once you get to +/- 5 levels from 40 or so . .it's fun as hell

dunno if any of this babble helped or not, but my post count is WAY too low . .so . . ya.. (:P j/k)

:::Wendigo:::

i have a mage 70. and yes, is very annoying every 2-4 mobs u need to sit and get mana... but is only at the begining... relax

lvl 1-70 i was full fire spec. But i tried 1 of the most powerful builds for pve (raids). 33 Arc / 28 Fire

When u get 70, try that... is just an insane dps. Is also good for pvp with a good gear (not insane gear, just good) i get like 6-7k crits with AP and Instant Pyro :P

R34P3R_Magikz

AoE Works good with ice but not the effecient imo lvl'd to current mage lvl AoE where it's been for the last 9month :P

Fag

i have a mage 70. and yes, is very annoying every 2-4 mobs u need to sit and get mana... but is only at the begining... relax

lvl 1-70 i was full fire spec. But i tried 1 of the most powerful builds for pve (raids). 33 Arc / 28 Fire

When u get 70, try that... is just an insane dps. Is also good for pvp with a good gear (not insane gear, just good) i get like 6-7k crits with AP and Instant Pyro :P[/b]
    Hmm... Never tried to be arcane... Most of ppl say it sux.. Could you post your arcane talent build here ?

:::Wendigo:::

i'm working atm... but if u want, get my profile on Armory: Wendigao (Warsong)

i really loved this build. The arcane talent (first of the tree) that reduces in 40% the threat of ur arcane dmgs is really good for raids 10+ man. 40% + Salvation u can start attacking any mob while the tanker is still getting the aggro and when the aggro is good enough u just use PoM to cast instant Pyro (ofc that in this time the other mages of the raid already made at least 3 scorches). My Arcane Missiles hits 620 normal (with superior wizard and adepts elixir) and crits for 1k. So, if u get a dps shaman with crit totem u can make 5k dmg in 5 secs while the other guys is still w8ing the tanker to get a good aggro.
    As i said, a lot of ppl use this build and is a top dps for pve.

Banned

my 70 mage is also arcane fire, pop trinket, presence of mind and then use instant pyroblast, i got 11k crit once in pvp. This spec is best for a pvp mage imo. if u wanna look at my build go to armory and look Hooveer on Gilneas.

Mage is one of the BEST PVP classes. Leveling isn't much of a problem either considering you can kill stuff quite quickly. Since you can conjure your own water and food it's not too bad. I'm currently leveling one atm, it's 63 right now, yes you will need to drink alot but you will also kill things quite quickly to make up for the downtime.

questions

whats a toon?

trinket?

and so far i've been putting my talents into frost.. bad?

also.. can i ever wear leather mail or plate?

also.. can i ever wear leather mail or plate?[/b]
    toon=char (gay wow talk ^_^)
    trinkets are pieces of 'jewelry' . .sometimes they are useable, which is to say some give a brief burst of damage, or other bonuses.

You're a clothie. .bro :P

yeah thats lame... i want something that can tank while dishing out damage

druids :unsure:

Mages just own, or reroll warlock, and you will never be beaten, because you play World of Warlockcraft..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast