• Frost

18 52.94%
  • Fire

14 41.18%
  • You are the best frost mage**

2 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mage : Frost Vs. Fire

This is a discussion on Mage : Frost Vs. Fire within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Pom pyro mages can be nasty in arena. It all really comes down to who you are facing.... If your ...
Page: 2

RingWra1th

Pom pyro mages can be nasty in arena. It all really comes down to who you are facing.... If your a pussy rogue who only survives against a caster with his cloak of wuzzies, then ofc theyre easy but if your a warrior who literally cant do shit vs a mage theyre even sicker 2 invisible pom pyro loaded mages in a 3vs3 do like lets say 5-6k each = 1 dead warrior... but against a shammy theyre useless no matter what spec. because the totems takes the first hit anyway, unless they have spotted the totem which they rarely do because you can hide em.

And Resilience = Melee dmg only not spell dmg

PvE = Frost

PvP = Fire.

ibro

i have lvl 70 mage and im ful frost... yes shamans totems are fucked up but thats the purpose of ice lance you bring em down..
    i hate pom pyro mages but in 2v2 arenas i think that they can do a lot of trouble..
    weel geared mages can crit 10k with a pyro and everything is dead after that...
    but this hipothermya thing and cold snap nerf is ridicoulus... mage without ice block---->dead mage

Baxxor

Fire mage + pve = fuck no
    they got no defences, die to easy and is absolut crap.

fire mage + pvp = ur dead
    if the mages can see you, or if the mages stick togheter your screwed

RingWra1th

Depends which class u fight in Arena and which class u play lets say i spec arms on my warrior and put on his farm gear which consisted of 5/5 Gladiator + Gorehowl.... i could 2 hit rogues. And i could easilly beat a priest/shaman/lock (depends on his build).. Druid could be raped also u can rape him before he reacts and switches into bear... if ur crits are with u... but in bear he would die also just slower...

Hardest fight for a shammy is a mage who counterspell him if hes ele or resto if hes enhance spec the biggest prob is warriors and rogues.

Mages = dunno

Rogues = can only beat a cloth class that dunno how to waitout their cloak of pussies

Lock = best pvp class around atm... Can defeat most classes if the person behind it plays him well

Druids = LOL look at me i can stun and change into a bear cause im a wimp

Fire mage + pve = fuck no
    they got no defences, die to easy and is absolut crap.

fire mage + pvp = ur dead
    if the mages can see you, or if the mages stick togheter your screwed[/b]
    oh dear... you need defenses for pve? please... carebear mages dont even get hit. in my pve gear on my rogue i only have 7k hp and yet i can go through heroics barely getting hit, its far easier for mages. most raid content is easier than the harder heroics. almost all the top raid mages are AP fire.

and since your only idea of pvp is battlegrounds, we have to agree to disagree. i dont consider killing retards in WSG to be a proper test of a class spec. I could pull up statistics on all the top mages in arena and im pretty sure they will mostly be AP frost or 41 frost.

as for ringwraith, you're an idiot. Calling rogues pussy when you play the single most overpowered and easymode class. not to mention you are a pathological liar. have fun.

:pic:

Rogues = can only beat a cloth class that dunno how to waitout their cloak of pussies[/b]

loool only cloth class? ur funny as i beated up lots of 70 warrios while my rogue is only 68,

maybe only classes i still cant beat is hunters/lock's still didnt found out the 'tactics' to get em down easly but warr aint prob

Baxxor

if you never get hit that means you cant dps any good

i get hit "alot" since i dps hard, i aint a weak crappy mage.
    mages need to have bit of defense and some skillz to survive easely in kara and heroics.
    if your rouge it's easy, since you got nice armor and nice health.
    us mages got neither of that, we got crappy armor and the health? ey if we dont got lots of stamina gear we are screwed in that.

Mages is best as frost in pve/exp and best in fire as pvp
    and gl taking a mage if he knows your there...

Baxxor

i watch my ktm meter, i dont dps to much but still get aggro.
    and i have done a couple of kara with diffrent tanks, it's still hard to NOT get aggro even
    if the tank knows what he is doing

When i tank in SCC the nr.1 dps which is a Rogue or Warlock, and theyre nr.2 on ktm also and there over 190.000 Threat behind me.[/b]
    Who were you tankin to get 190k threat above the raid ? Did you tell your raid not to dps for 3- 5 minutes?

Baxxor

i think either his dps guys is stupid or they forgot to start dps

Rogues doing around 1600 dps :P i dont think they forgot to start dpsin its called How to make threat =) Its not just spamming sunders you know ;p way more to it xD You can kinda combo it[/b]

erm u still didnt ask my question,

190k threat ?

Is that a typo or do your shield slams hit for 3-4k, and revenge for 2k?

erm u still didnt ask my question,

190k threat ?

Is that a typo or do your shield slams hit for 3-4k, and revenge for 2k?[/b]
    no, he's a pathological liar.

if you never get hit that means you cant dps any good

i get hit "alot" since i dps hard, i aint a weak crappy mage.
    mages need to have bit of defense and some skillz to survive easely in kara and heroics.
    if your rouge it's easy, since you got nice armor and nice health.
    us mages got neither of that, we got crappy armor and the health? ey if we dont got lots of stamina gear we are screwed in that.

Mages is best as frost in pve/exp and best in fire as pvp
    and gl taking a mage if he knows your there...[/b]
    if your tank is good you should not get hit doing single target damage unless the mob cleaves. The only times I ever get hit are using blade flurry on multiple trash mobs or cleaves (not since 2.1). For bosses you should have a threatmeter so its even easier. PvE in wow is ridiculously easy, you make it sound like a complex art. It is just a simple case of keeping your threat lower than the tanks, and any good rogue should be able to do this. If a rogue pulls agro on trash accidentally then he sucks and he only wastes the healers mana.

the only thing in wow that is remotely difficult is arena. We routinely play against 2 fire mages who know we are around, and can get a stealth-detection powerup, but we still win. Fire mages are just bad. sap>blind>gg.

Lets see a long boss fight with a few phases that doesnt reset Threat, you get up to total 500-600k threat, So no im not a liar eric, how about you actually learn bout raiding in wow before you start assuming things
    And for 000000 saying that PvE in wow is easy? ehh how about you actually try real PvE in wow instead of silly Heroics or w/e u do before you comment and how can u say its easy when the only kinda pve u tried is in KO.... try go SCC or TK and say that is very easy.... Actually take a class that has an important role in PvE instead of a dps bot that got easiest role in whole game....[/b]
    PvE is a series of scripted encounters that once learned can be regurgitated ad nauseum. The skill in PvE is the pioneering guilds (Nihilum/Forte etc) that actually attempt encounters with the unknown element. Nowadays all the information is available on how to beat each boss, and nearly every raid has been nerfed into oblivion so casual raiders (everyone on here) can do them. Raids still use the same forumlas as any other PvE, regarding agro and threat. The main difficulty is getting together 25 people who are not retards and have no lives.

This in uncomparable to PvP, every fight is different. Your opponents often counter your classes totally so you at a disadvantage from the start. You need improvisation, communication and some skill, a bit like pvp in KO.

Lets see a long boss fight with a few phases that doesnt reset Threat, you get up to total 500-600k threat, So no im not a liar eric, how about you actually learn bout raiding in wow before you start assuming things
    And for 000000 saying that PvE in wow is easy? ehh how about you actually try real PvE in wow instead of silly Heroics or w/e u do before you comment and how can u say its easy when the only kinda pve u tried is in KO.... try go SCC or TK and say that is very easy.... Actually take a class that has an important role in PvE instead of a dps bot that got easiest role in whole game....[/b]
    Heroics are easy once you have RAID gear of course. Try doing heroics with blues and a few epics, and even so arena gear isnt perfect for heroics. No one is saying heroics are that difficult, but to be honest PvE in general lacks a skill element unless you play at a disadvantage. I see no difference in difficulty between raids and heroics, just the amount of people you can get together and how well the know they encounter.

Simply whatever you say can never change this, PvE is so simple minded that as long as you work out the basics it's completely predictable and simple.

Ringwraith, you're like the love child of Matt and Dave (Extortion, pro minor heal tanking 50 guys at the same time). All you do is lie out of your ass like Matt, but at least he's a decent friend, and then the other part of you is like Dave that's simply a twat and thinks he's a godsend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast