• Frost

18 52.94%
  • Fire

14 41.18%
  • You are the best frost mage**

2 5.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Mage : Frost Vs. Fire

This is a discussion on Mage : Frost Vs. Fire within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; If you want 2k rating quick in arena 2on2 you just take 2 pom pyro mages, go invisble and take ...
Page: 3

If you want 2k rating quick in arena 2on2 you just take 2 pom pyro mages, go invisble and take out 1 of their players asap, thats not really skillwise... Arena pvp in wow is still ruled by CC and Stunns...[/b]
    i dont play for rating, i play to smack people down with the classes at our disposal, whether they are strong or not. If i wanted rating i would roll a warrior and get a paladin and get to 2400+, or maybe warlock+shadowpriest but that would ruin all the fun since it is too easymode.

"My warrior and Paladin combo"

Me and Arcy, came against a warlock, shadowpriest combo..
    I play wow for fun, not as hardcore as eric and 0000, i have a few parts of high warlord, and will be getting my 2nd part of glad this week,
    but the dots they put on me in the space of that single charge "0.5 sec"

basically

i charged the shadowpriest, he resisted it, i fear'd them to prevent the warlock fearing the paladin, i smacked on berserker rage,

turned around my paladin just bubble'd outta fear, i died from dots.

shadow word pain hits you for 650
    curse of agony hits you for 570
    bla bla bla etc etc

was a very short fight, pretty embarassing..

ps i dont 1.2k hp xD

0000 and eric aint really hardcore theyre just playing the 2 easiest pvp classes in the whole game and especially for arena, if u think bout their classes and their rating its actually a joke because 18xx for 2 stun depending noob classes they suck cock... But then again i suppose since 00000 cant ebay gear for his rogue in wow he cant do any better \o/ no Greeks to sell items to him[/b]
    Wow man, I really can't stop laughing at what you're saying. You're making it so blatantly obvious that you have no idea about arena AT ALL. I mean, I don't even have to type anything for you to make a fool out of yourself. Go ask anyone that does arena regularly if rogue/feral druid is even near a decent combo. And btw, we are 1900+ rating atm, and it's so fucking funny how many counterclass groups we come up against that have an instant advantage over the both of us. If we miss 1 skill or don't time 1 skill perfectly in a chain then we both will lose the fight instantly.

Morax, shadow priest lock is about your only counter-group as pala/warrior and you can easily beat them if you farm shadow resist gear.

Btw ringwraith, please give us a link to your pro armory.

Wow man, I really can't stop laughing at what you're saying. You're making it so blatantly obvious that you have no idea about arena AT ALL. I mean, I don't even have to type anything for you to make a fool out of yourself. Go ask anyone that does arena regularly if rogue/feral druid is even near a decent combo. And btw, we are 1900+ rating atm, and it's so fucking funny how many counterclass groups we come up against that have an instant advantage over the both of us. If we miss 1 skill or don't time 1 skill perfectly in a chain then we both will lose the fight instantly.

Morax, shadow priest lock is about your only counter-group as pala/warrior and you can easily beat them if you farm shadow resist gear.

Btw ringwraith, please give us a link to your pro armory.[/b]
    Bastard eric, dont call Morax... xD

i have shadow gear for heroic mana tombs , never fought about takin it in for arenas ..

Cheers

congrats on killing a thread ringwraith. why dont you fuck off back to whatever hole you were hiding in.

And for your information, you were horrible in KO. You were an awful rogue and then you played someone elses pimped char and took the credit for their work, and even then you were average at most. Get over yourself, eric was ten times the ko player you ever were. You are on thin ice bringing up KO as if you were good. Trying playing a harder class for starters.

And yes, 1 mistake with this matrix = lose. The reason this sounds odd to you is because you play a warrior in which case you can make as many mistakes as you like and still win with a lucky crit. Warriors are just button mashing meatshields who are only as good as the healer behind them. Suits you. I couldn't bear to play a class with such a low skill ceiling, and with so few options. You see, against a warrior/pally team, we can still win providing we make no mistakes and play with finesse. A warrior pally team has no way to beat mage/warlock because they have no other strategies, its just heal and nuke. I would find it frustrating to know that I was limited by my class rather than my skill level. We have counters, but if we play a perfect game we will always have a chance to beat them. A 2000 rated team of our matrix will always have better players than a 2400 pally/warrior team.

Sweet

Rogue/feral druid does take a lot of skill and finesse to play right, they are in no way "the 2 easiest pvp classes in the whole game".

I play 2v2 on my rogue with a PoM/pyro mage, we've found it works well to be able to burn one of their team down as fast as possible to force them into a 2v1 situation in which our success is almost guaranteed. I used to think warrior/pally was the most difficult combo for us, but recently we've found that all the pallys in our rating range (not very high, let's leave it at that) are not so good at their class. We completely leave the Paladin alone, burn the warrior, and wait for the paladin to fall into our trap, which is starting to heal the warrior. Once he starts to heal, the mage easily counterspells the heal, locking the paladin out of his holy tree which includes his Divine Shield and all his heals, and we have eight seconds to finish off the warrior, usually a mere 5k HP after our initial burn.

any team with a mage will find warriors trivial, so your experience isn't surprising. However you have other counter classes, just fewer than we face. We were talking today about trying the rogue+mage, it is a much stronger team. Either that or rogue+paladin. Its a real shame that 2v2 in wow is mostly about which class/race you chose, we played 2100+ teams consistently the last 2 nights and i cant remember the last shaman i saw. It feels like when we beat a team, they will stop queuing (intelligently), yet when we struggle against teams we will queue up maybe 3 or 4 more times and lose again.

I think wow pvp is rather like poker. Its mostly luck, but the best players simply make the most out of a good hand and minimise the cost of a bad hand. Likewise the best players can win consistently against strong matchups and avoid/stop queuing against hard matchups. I kinda dislike this as many top players have said the way to get to the top is to control the times when you queue to face the right teams. To me this is not proper pvp. PvP shouldn't be about avoiding hard fights, otherwise every KO rogue would be townspiking paper mages.

I think a team change for season 2 is a short term band-aid, but ultimately blizzard have to improve the pvp balance or arena will get stale. And they have to ignore the opinions of people who do not do a lot of arena, ie 95% of wow players. Half the reason balance in wow is so screwed up is because it is catering for PvE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123