Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

mage spec pref

This is a discussion on mage spec pref within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; wuts a good mage spec for pve and pvp at the same time?...
Page: 1

Zaczaco11

wuts a good mage spec for pve and pvp at the same time?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

int fire mage, 160 int, rest into mp, and when u hit 82 put the rest into hp when the 255 mp is filled up

D4rkBP

I'm gonna have to say Arcane poons.. I'll post a tree to give you a idea..

Zaczaco11

int fire mage, 160 int, rest into mp, and when u hit 82 put the rest into hp when the 255 mp is filled up[/b]
    yea yea <_< for wow buddy. and wow i just read that, what a shit build, i hope you don&#39;t play mage on ko. 160 int 158 mp rest hp, lol, mp doesnt affect pk, zzzzz fail at mmo&#39;s pl0x.

I&#39;m gonna have to say Arcane poons.. I&#39;ll post a tree to give you a idea..[/b]
    k go go go ^_^

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

yea yea <_< for wow buddy. and wow i just read that, what a shit build, i hope you don&#39;t play mage on ko. 160 int 158 mp rest hp, lol, mp doesnt affect pk, zzzzz fail at mmo&#39;s pl0x.
    k go go go ^_^[/b]
    lol funny story behind this, i looked at ur profile and saw u posted this topic so i thought it was about ko

and as a matter of fact my main class in ko is mage, been for the past 5 years, and the base mp matters, but additional mp doesn&#39;t.... best mage here girl

k go go go ^_^[/b]
    arcane dominates atm

Zaczaco11

can someone link a talent tree of a good fire/ice, ice/arcane, and arcane/ice build plz and thnku

NuXx

there are no hybrid builds for mages atm
    it&#39;s either full arcane for PvP, or full frost for PvE

Banned

k go go go ^_^[/b]
    Base MP does affect PK just mp on armour/accessories/wep dont.

OT: if you want to pvp then its arcane/ice, pve id go ice. Why not make your own build? its not very hard.

frost will always be good for pvp. especially now since ice barrier can absorb so much more damage. at level 80 it absorbs 3300 damage and if talented it freezes every1 around u. and with brain freeze frost mages get deep freeze which stuns and freezes for 5 seconds. which is enough time for at least 4 ice lances or 1 frostbolt and 2 ice lances.

arcane is best for burst dps and frost is survivability. from what i seen fire isn&#39;t really good but i&#39;ll wait till i&#39;m 80 with gear and raiding high end shit before i make that judgement.

and about hybrid builds, frostfire bolt looks like it has a lot of potential. it benefits from both frost and fire talents. but the thing about it is that is does less damage than fireball and takes longer to cast than frostbolt. probably at level 80 if spec&#39;d right it could be really good.

i&#39;m not much of a pvper anymore so i&#39;ll just give u some pve specs.

arcane
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...000000000000000

frost
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...100230152231350

fire

or

all BC raids had boss fights where resistance was useful so i can imagine wotlk will have the same thing so thats why i have points into magic absorption if you were wondering. a little less stress on healers always helps. :>

the English one Senior Member Turbanator's Avatar

I persoanlly have opted for a Arcane Frost spec. I used it throught out end game raiding in BC and Was Pumping out good DPS. i also Used to to Farm, And just do Random Shit, I rarley Respec unless needed too.

Im probly gonna Stick to something like the Arcane/frost 40/0/21 is Used in BC and Mod it slightly for WOTLK.

In lich king im looking into a 50/0/21 Or something along them lines. Not Too sure till i hit 80

I&#39;m gonna have to say Arcane poons.. I&#39;ll post a tree to give you a idea..[/b]
    yup, arcane is the opness now for both pve/pvp but i like to pvp as frost most it&#39;s hella funny also u should try "Living Bomb" xD it&#39;s freaking funny if your pretty good with your class but yea ARCANE is the answer. :unsure:

NuXx

yup, arcane is the opness now for both pve/pvp[/b]
    disagree
    arcane is shit for PvE
    amirite?

Zaczaco11

disagree
    arcane is shit for PvE
    amirite?[/b]
    wtf u play wow now?? with any1 from bera?

disagree
    arcane is shit for PvE
    amirite?[/b]
    no, arcane did the best dps for me in pve with new talents before wotlk. i did around 1600-1800 dps as arcane. as frost or fire i did around 1300-1600.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast