Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Making Pally - Need every help I can get

This is a discussion on Making Pally - Need every help I can get within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Hey guys so I am deciding to get back to WoW and make a new character,a paladin.I need help with ...
Page: 1

Hey guys so I am deciding to get back to WoW and make a new character,a paladin.I need help with the class since I don't really know much about it and I want to know almost everything before I start to make the character.

Some of the questions I'm looking to get answered:

Talent build for EXP?Talent build for PVP?Talent build for others...

What kind of armor do I wear?

What kind of stats for armor/weapon should I be using for exping/pvp/healing/dps

What professions will benefit me?What professions will make me the most money?

What addons are good to get?What are good addons to help me with fast leveling?

So these are some of the questions I can think of and I hope to get them answered by you WoW players :P
    Also please fill me in with other things I should know,about WoW in general and about Paladins etc.
    I will be playing on Horde side.
    *Note:I have played WoW before and own a 68 Hunter (way before WoTLK came out)*

Thanks <3

D4rkBP

Armor- Mail then Plate at 40.

Stats - I use Strength/Agility/Stamina for my Prot spec...

Prof - I would go Mining/BS/Engineering. Mining is a very good/easy way to make money...

Addons - Questhelper, X-Perl Unit Frames, Cartographer, Auctioneer, Chinchilla (Changes what mini map looks like, and where you can place it)

Other things, you&#39;ll probably want to find a friend who currently places and will do RAF (Recruit a friend) with you. You get 300% bonus XP when you quest with them, they have to be within 4 levels of you. RAF only lasts til level 60 but you can make as many level 60s as you want within the 3 months you have RAF with them. Also you&#39;ll want to probably level as Ret. (Retribution), I&#39;m leveling as Prot because I&#39;m doing RAF with a priest so we can AOE stuff down pretty fast.

Specs to follow/Change to your likeing.

Prot - My Custom Build : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZx0xA0ugGsIzfdxf0x0h
    Ret - Basic Leveling Build : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZEZVfrtrIuGdIfsu
    Holy - Basic Healing Build : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxA0gM0sVu0tgdZVcbx0h
    Would avoid leveling as Holy, You don&#39;t do very good DPS for solo killing

If you have anymore questions go ahead and ask or PM me and I&#39;ll try to answer them to the best of my abilities

Thanks a lot

About RAF - Do you have to pay money?Also for prof I was thinking Mining and JC or Mining and Herblore?

Edit:When you change your talent build (From Prot to Ret or vice versa) will the stats you wear change?For example if Prot needs like Stamina + Agility,will Ret change?
    And what are the top 3 primary stats I need for RET and the 3 top stats for PROT?I doubt I will go holy.

D4rkBP

RAF - You need to buy a new account, and you&#39;ll have to buy the new WOTLK and BC or if your old account is still up you can transfer the characters for 25$ to the other account only if both accounts have the same info.

As for stats I think they&#39;re the same stats for Ret and Prot...

For Ret,because you said it&#39;s best for EXP,does that mean Prot is best for Pvp?Or am I wrong?Also if I go with Ret,will it be good for instances (tanking)?Also what&#39;s the difference between Prot and Ret?I know Holy is healing

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

For Ret,because you said it&#39;s best for EXP,does that mean Prot is best for Pvp?Or am I wrong?Also if I go with Ret,will it be good for instances (tanking)?Also what&#39;s the difference between Prot and Ret?I know Holy is healing[/b]
    ret=dps
    prot=tanking
    holy=healing

ret=good for exp, raids, pvp
    prot=good for some bg&#39;s, raids
    holy=good for raids, and pvp

ret=dps
    prot=tanking
    holy=healing

ret=good for exp, raids, pvp
    prot=good for some bg&#39;s, raids
    holy=good for raids, and pvp[/b]
    thanks babe :wub:

For stating,what is the most important and how do I know which one to use?
    D4rkBP says Strength/Agility/Stamina so I was wondering if I get an armor and has Strength + Agility and another one Stamina + Strength,how can I know which one to use,also how about weapons?Will I go dual or will I be using a shield?Also rest goes with all the other weapons + shields + armor...I won&#39;t know how to know which armor is better than the other if they are the same level.

For stating,what is the most important and how do I know which one to use?
    D4rkBP says Strength/Agility/Stamina so I was wondering if I get an armor and has Strength + Agility and another one Stamina + Strength,how can I know which one to use,also how about weapons?Will I go dual or will I be using a shield?Also rest goes with all the other weapons + shields + armor...I won&#39;t know how to know which armor is better than the other if they are the same level.[/b]
    depends on ur build...

ret=2 handed
    prot/holy=1h+shield

str=ap
    agil=crit
    stam=hp

ret=str>agil>stam
    prot=lots of things...all having to do with survivability
    holy=sp/int/crit chance(dunno order of importance)

ive never played pally though but these are just basics of any plate dps class lol

http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin read and learn :P

Thanks a lot,that helped :P

By the way,is it true that you can change your Talent build without any gold now?

PaPaSmurF

I personally stacked agility as much as possible when I was leveling my pally. I had over 28%~ crit at all times while leveling. (Ret ofc) It worked out for me and I found the large, frequent numbers enjoyable to level with.

Ret pallys wreck shop btw.

I personally stacked agility as much as possible when I was leveling my pally. I had over 28%~ crit at all times while leveling. (Ret ofc) It worked out for me and I found the large, frequent numbers enjoyable to level with.

Ret pallys wreck shop btw.[/b]
    nice,thanks for the advice

what 2 prof would be the most profitable for me?Mining + Herblore or Mining + JC?

Thanks a lot,that helped :P

By the way,is it true that you can change your Talent build without any gold now?[/b]
    no....what they mean by that is u can buy dual spec for 1k gold and u can switch between ur 2 specs for free...but re-specing still costs gold

no....what they mean by that is u can buy dual spec for 1k gold and u can switch between ur 2 specs for free...but re-specing still costs gold[/b]
    ah ok thnx

PaPaSmurF

nice,thanks for the advice

what 2 prof would be the most profitable for me?Mining + Herblore or Mining + JC?[/b]
    I&#39;m honestly not sure which would be most profitable. But honestly, I wouldn&#39;t worry about profit. Just go for the extra stat bonuses after you get the professions near max.

JC was pretty cheap and easy to level for me on my server. You get better gems for getting it maxed and I also made a little extra gold by having it leveled.

For your second profession I&#39;m not sure. Leatherworking isn&#39;t too bad to level imo.. and you get a better attack power to bracers for it at around 400 skill level. (114 attack power?, not sure its been a few months since I&#39;ve played my rogue lol..)
    h34r:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast