More noob questions...

This is a discussion on More noob questions... within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Is there a key to hit that will lock on the nearest enemy (Like "Z" in KO)? How do you ...
Page: 1

davaugha

Default More noob questions...

Is there a key to hit that will lock on the nearest enemy (Like "Z" in KO)?

How do you set your character to always assist a party member?

Is there a way to lock onto and follow an enemy?

Also, what are macros? How do I use them? And is is very helpful?

Thanks...

Hydr4

Uhm i can only answer the first question if you press Tab u lock on to the nearest enemy :wub:

DragonFire

Default Re: More noob questions...

Originally posted by davaugha
    Is there a key to hit that will lock on the nearest enemy (Like "Z" in KO)?

How do you set your character to always assist a party member?

Is there a way to lock onto and follow an enemy? *

Also, what are macros? *How do I use them? And is is very helpful?

Thanks...
    1) tab. (a little story) if you use vent..dont use alt as "push to talk" I was tabbing for a rogue once and I was talking to some ppl on vent and I alt tabbed and when i finnally went through all my programs I was stun locked :P and then died.

2) as by assist you mean assistant leader? no..or assist as in help...not really...depending on your class you should either not worry about it..or that is your purpose...so is swings both ways..

3) macros are hot keys set to do things...like a macro I used for my hunter would use "hunters mark" and at the same time send my pet in and if I double tapped it I would start using aimshot..

Aqu

/assist makes you target, the target of your target (think about it)

DragonFire

isnt there a hot key...like if you target someone hit "f" I think it's default..

idefix

yeah basically tab doesnt target nearest enemy, its the enemy in front of u... so if the enemy is behind u, u wont target it by tabbing. but if u dont have a target and enemy attacks u, then u auto target him... and f is default for assisting party member, but thats not very useful for any other place than raids in the end.... when u gotta target the mob that the main tank is tanking, but theres addons for that too, so not used very much anyways... and macro u can use to hotkey any commands, i.e. some message in chat, or use some skills...