Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Hello, I recently just started to play WoW with some friends. I was wondering how exactly is the end game ...
Page: 1

Default Newbie

Hello,

I recently just started to play WoW with some friends.

I was wondering how exactly is the end game (once you hit 80).

I'm mostly concern about the PvP.

I am currently playing as a paladin and I plan to be a dps pally.

Strappy

lol ret pally
    the current state of pvp is casters > melee so you are better of leveling a elemental shaman or something.
    Paladins are great, holy that is. Prot also works in some 2x melee cleaves but meh

Oh really?

But if I do not want to play a supporting class all the time.. does holy pallies make alot of dmg?

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Not really, holy pallies aren't made for dps at all. They can throw a judgement, holy shock and hammer of justice every now and then but other than that you can't really kill anyone unless you're willing to spend like 10 minutes 1on1'ing
    Ret paladins are pretty good for PVP if you have a decent gear but yeah I guess it's just a faceroll class so people dislike it.
    I have a holy pally with 1k resi and it's pretty much unkillable unless I get ganked.

if you want to play a offensive healer a disc priest is the way to go
    if what you want is a dps with the ability to support his team mates then a shadow priest or an elemental shaman is the way to go
    Last edited by klkl; 06-19-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klkl View Post
    if you want to play a offensive healer a disc priest is the way to go
    if what you want is a dps with the ability to support his team mates then a shadow priest or an elemental shaman is the way to go
    Definitely, priests are the shit in bg's and arena nowadays. You can't kill a good disc priest and a good shadow priest will burn you down faster than any other class.

EDIT: Here's the best priest in the world atm http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=133081
    I'm no fanboy but damn that guy can play his class

And what about rest. pallies?

Thank you for all your comments everyone, so should I reroll?

you don't need to reroll but if pvp is what you want to focus on ret paladin isn't the best choice...
    @Darkelf yes hydra is prolly the best priest atm...

Which class in terms of DPS are very hot in arena?

melee: rogue or warrior
    ranged: hunter, ele shaman, s.priest, warlock
    that would be your best bet

Quote Originally Posted by klkl View Post
    melee: rogue or warrior
    ranged: hunter, ele shaman, s.priest, warlock
    that would be your best bet
    You forgot feral droods, they're really OP atm. Hard to play but with right setup it's pwnzor.
    Now that I think of I haven't really seen that many feral druids in arena. Personally I love the 10k ferocious bites even after resi buff :P

EDIT: Maybe I should add that almost every class is good in the arena if played with the right setup. The only class/spec I'd personally avoid is enchancement shaman, they're just horrible. They lack CC (hex has a long cd), they have a bad survivability (totems can save you but rarely), their damage isn't really that good (widfury proc, not that impressive anymore), the only time you can get away is when you have your wolves out and you get the speed boost. They're pretty much only viable against resto druids because they can purge the hots but other than that they're quite bad. There are a few good enhancement shammys such as Crestfalled but even he doesn't have that good rating.

Frost mages are really good if played right.

I think the best dps classes (I'm only into 2v2 so dunno about the others) are shadow priest, frost mage, rogue and wlock.

If you want to watch arena/bg movies I'd suggest you to head to warcraftmovies.com and check out the most popular videos, I'm sure that'll help you to choose which class you want to play ^^
    Last edited by Dark3lf; 06-19-2010 at 11:34 PM.

thank you very much for your help to u 2 :P

I don't know about warlock, since you need to play with a pet that I normally dislike.

I mostly play alliance... So should I go like.. rune priest.

is rune priest = shadow priest?

Warning: I'm really a beginner in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    The only class/spec I'd personally avoid is enchancement shaman, they're just horrible. They lack CC (hex has a long cd), they have a bad survivability (totems can save you but rarely), their damage isn't really that good (widfury proc, not that impressive anymore), the only time you can get away is when you have your wolves out and you get the speed boost. They're pretty much only viable against resto druids because they can purge the hots but other than that they're quite bad. There are a few good enhancement shammys such as Crestfalled but even he doesn't have that good rating.
    2 words: Beast Cleave
    :P
    thats about it tho
    and ferals are ok but not even close to being op, turn around and you effectively reduce his dmg output by 30% lol

also no idea what a rune priest is lol
    Last edited by klkl; 06-20-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strappy View Post
    thank you very much for your help to u 2 :P

I don't know about warlock, since you need to play with a pet that I normally dislike.

I mostly play alliance... So should I go like.. rune priest.

is rune priest = shadow priest?

Warning: I'm really a beginner in this game.
    Shadow priest is a dps class that uses shadow damage, mostly dots.
    You might wanna watch this video to see how a shadow priest is being played:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzzXOAGYN3c"]YouTube - Icecrown Citadel | Episode 1 - Part 1/3[/ame] part 1
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Obv7Eel1C8"]YouTube - Icecrown Citadel | Episode 1 - Part 2/3[/ame] part 2
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2djeEethY"]YouTube - Icecrown Citadel | Episode 1 - Part 3/3[/ame] part 3

Yes that's Ensidia, you probably have heared of the guild. It's currently ranked 3rd in the world.
    I think Muqq (the player in the video) is one of the best PVE shadows priests I've seen.

EDIT: Can't remember any half decent PVP shadow priests so here's a random one http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=124299
    Last edited by Dark3lf; 06-20-2010 at 01:29 PM.

personally i think its silly to pick class only cuz it might be slightly better in pvp.
    they all are quite balanced atm, i cant think of singe class that generally sux in pvp.
    Maybe some specs are bad but when it comes to classes then every single one is doing good in right hands with proper team setup.

just read about every class, watch few movies and stick to one u like most

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast